WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself; we're all writers here, nothing to hide!

Coming Back

Old 04-19-2018, 11:17 PM
Dela Eden (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 168
Send a message via Yahoo to Dela Eden
Default Coming Back

Hi everyone. Figured I might as well do a fresh introduction as it's been years since I last posted here, and I imagine no one remembers me.
Just about to graduate from University and I want to get back into writing, which I haven't had much time for whilst I've been studying. I feel as though coming back here might be the motivation I need to get back into it.

The primary purpose of writing fiction, and then publishing what you have written, is not merely to show off but to entertain the first and second reader, the first reader being you and the second reader being every other person who ever comes alone to what you have written George V. Higgins
You know you want to -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:56 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 1,375

Hello, Dela, and welcome home.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:34 AM
Dela Eden (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 168
Send a message via Yahoo to Dela Eden

Thank you. Definitely felt like home back in the day.
The primary purpose of writing fiction, and then publishing what you have written, is not merely to show off but to entertain the first and second reader, the first reader being you and the second reader being every other person who ever comes alone to what you have written George V. Higgins
You know you want to -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-20-2018, 07:27 PM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 722

Welcome Back, Dela.
Is there any genre you will be focusing on?

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:25 AM
Leila (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Thanks 57

great to see you back on here Dela. I remember you well (I was Nadja back then)
Old 04-21-2018, 07:27 PM
Prodigalson (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing

Thanks 452

It must have been a few years (before my time), but welcome back.
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
Old 04-25-2018, 01:54 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 4,013

and so it felt as if the goblin's past had caught up with him again, as he looked gently upon the post itself and those words therein that so betrayed his age to him alone in their significance, indeed many years back now he remembered, before breaking out into a knowing smile and then repeating some words aloud "...so it's "when you're ready" I suppose, and yet no, it's not "when you're ready to write" by that, instead it's "when you're ready to be remembered by what you write" that tells you that you are really ready this time around, and those readers remember "continuity" mostly, alas they expect some dripfeed in output, well yes that or they move on to someone else in one's stead...", thus the posts for the author were a path on a journey to self, and for the reader a means of escape he imagined, the goblin simply bowed low and held out his hand in an invitation, the forum for its part was abuzz with activity of late much like the view from the the goblin's bistro this morning that showed a sun ablaze to the point of pulling life from the ground, "...ready yet..." he asked cordially enough

Last edited by fleamailman; 04-25-2018 at 12:03 PM..

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions