WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

oh how I hate editing posts, so share with me then

Old 09-23-2012, 01:06 PM
Loz (Offline)
Captain Unicorn Biscuits

Thanks 999

Loz has no idea what she is doing in Jat's kitchen, but she is wondering where she got her lingerie? Then as Loz looks at the mess on the kitchen floor, she makes a note to herself - move the clothes horse before you put clothes on it, stupid - that until she can tidy without getting messy, she doesn't get to spend a fortune of frilly undies. Loz fumbles about then flops down on the squeaky chair with a huff and pulls her lap top close. Perhaps she just needs a few minutes to herself, a moment's catch up so she's not racing after the ever athletic time hand, always out of reach. Yes, that sounds good . . . Now, which drawer did she put the clock in?

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 09-23-2012, 01:40 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 4,065

"...yes, speaking of time I wondered how you two were getting on together..." remarked the goblin, adding "...actually any excuse to post this picture that I love..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-23-2012 at 01:43 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Jats (09-26-2012), Loz (09-23-2012)
Old 09-23-2012, 01:50 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,065

repost from elsewhere

There are a lot of major bookstores here in oz that are shutting their doors, thanks to poor sales. We all knew this day would come. Internet has replaced books, almost completely, for me as well. Once upon a time, when I was a child, I would walk down the street, with a book in my hand, reading while I walked. Now I never even pick one up! I feel sad for this day. But that is progress, and change, and evolution. I suppose.....
the could relate, for he too, had had that "wind in the willows toad's moment" then, where, neither minding that the fact that forumland's automobile had smashed headlong into his caravan of conventional bookwriting here, nor the fact that all his caravan baggage just lay scattered useless around him too, no like the toad then, the goblin's mind had simply become drunk upon the new realities of posts, of rapport, and of hicounts here, saying "...where some dinosaurs took to air and became birds, likewise some writers must take to the ether of this internet, our forumland then, and do whatever it takes to reach their audience by it, simply I like to feel that I am one of those writers who when facing this same hurdle as everyone else does, unlike those still refusing to jump now, am actually embracing this medium here..."

150 3123 64067

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-23-2012 at 01:56 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Jats (09-26-2012)
Old 09-23-2012, 04:08 PM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

"...ooh liked that one, had that for supper then...and Loz is forever safe now..." not so for that picture though smiles the chameleon raiding his picture box in return

The Following User Says Thank You to Jats For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (09-27-2012)
Old 09-24-2012, 04:44 AM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...well my previous post came true again, rain rain rain rain, though the dreams were better, lots of swords in it, so just cheering myself up elsewhere then...

"...oh no not another gas prices thread..." chuckles Jats here in the UK where it's roughly $7 a gallon now and counting "...did you know diesel engines were not designed to run on diesel at all, nope you can run them on lots of things, bio fuels, cooking oil, even used oil from your local restaurant, with little or no modifications to the engine, so forget your poxy Focus's and hybrids etcetera and buy an old diesel truck, or an old Mercedes, those old 190E's are perfect, and drive around at a fraction of the cost where you will be environmentally clean too, zero emissions..." whispers Jats here enjoying his day off "...unless of course you can afford an electric car that works, like this one as I hear the heavy emissions regulations meant there is not a big diesel market in Umerica, and propanes not viable either, never mind then, I'm sure you will think of something, when you have to..." adds the chameleon mesmerised by the numbers that keep going up, click click click

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jats For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (09-24-2012), Loz (09-24-2012)
Old 09-24-2012, 06:02 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,065

("...flight to london tomorrow, funeral the next day, and home the day after that..." went the goblin, adding "...I don't even know my emotions inside, and I can ill afford to show them too, I'm a cold fish yet that's how I've always been, where my writing is often me finding myself by it...")

repost from elsewhere, goblin explaining why he gone silent on the forum

Awake, awake, awake...
"...in that case I like you very much for it..." replied the goblin, apologizing a bit about his previous post then, feeling that he should explain himself by saying "...no, I wasn't being cold, only that that over zealous all too righteous admin there, had first locked my introduction thread with some pithy I didn't like the way the thread was going, so there then personal message, and then later after the edit thread had reached 500 posts 5000hits he chooses to suddenly delete it as well with some passing remark of of lacking participation and its bumping, and then after that, having got my last post thread nicely going in the games section he then deletes that too, much to the displeasure of others there then, with an infraction of a ban of a month, for ignoring staff, apparently now reduced to a week as if showing some magnanimity towards me, too late though, because with threads repeatedly deleted where none of them showed any malice, any incentive to remains active on his forum is gone now, where my evident hesitation at this point is not ill will on my part, no my posts never turn malicious, no only that this speak when spoken to, oh and write like everyone else is obviously not advancing my livewriting upon that forum/venue, and besides, next comes my removal I guess, but I'm pretty resourceful and there are plenty of writer's forums out there

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-24-2012 at 06:15 AM..
Jats (09-26-2012), Loz (09-24-2012)
Old 09-24-2012, 06:22 AM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...no I like a good cry now and again myself, for practice, for the journey ahead, just bring a brolly then and let the weather here do the rest..

"...oh no, I forgot to put the bins out...though I'll have to go out for a walk in the rain in a bit to get cash, milk, and book the truck in ..." Jats writes rather than talk to himself, that first sign of madness then sneezes and curses the dampness while having one more cuppa "...do you know you can make millions by designing hand bags on this planet, fucking amazing..." comments Jats sitting back down on his arse again for an hour "...and boy do you throw away some stuff, you humans, tons of it, though once in a while something shines brightly to help you get you through your day..." smiles Jats enjoying the repeats with his tea and toast now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRRWnp6_rhA
fleamailman (09-24-2012), Loz (09-24-2012)
Old 09-24-2012, 08:59 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,065

repost from elsewhere, simply the goblin, by nature of what the poster's replied, knew that the he wasn't a writer in his own right

I tend to ignore everything you write, but then I something inside me clicked and I decided to check your punctuation - because I suspected that this whole block was a single, poorly structured sentence - and then, lo and behold I was right... And you're talking about grammar naziism. At least that's what I took away from it. Overall it doesn't make a great deal of sense, and I don't get the wolf reference.
the goblin thanked the poster, though unfortunately, since that post had already been reposted across many forum by now, both its readability and validity was well known to the goblin at this point, who replied "...to liken one's readers to a pack of wolves that one doesn't turn ones back on, is something, that if you don't really understand now, nor something that you have had any experience of either, is something that, if you ever become well known on forumland, you will understand for sure, promise, and moreover, when you do you will remember that I said it to you here, so good luck with your own writing within posts, and simply don't underestimate forumland for its early days, why, for those wolves are gathering as we speak where it's actual readership, and not some self presumed pompous penmanship, that actually counts here, that I dare say makes the difference between us two too..."

93 3128 64292

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-24-2012 at 09:10 PM..
Jats (09-26-2012), Loz (09-26-2012)
Old 09-25-2012, 04:09 AM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...you're problem is you are just too polite...well what a time it is to come to England Flea, still, the last time maybe, yes remember us in all our glory then...

"...I hate not having a super weather protection machine, you must have one here to survive outside the metropolises where you can get by without one there with many types of super weather projection machines gathered together to whisk you around the globe to the other great metropolises if need be, though not here in the shire, we need them to get about in, in the main, though not today for many with the waters being up, cus of all this rain you know, and so we are knackered, country in chaos as floods across the shires cause havoc in little england.." Jats ponders, awake now, almost, after a neighbour woke him up looking for a favour and was relieved to see the canal hadn't burst it's banks yet as he smiled and let her in for a cuppa and a chat "...yes what happens when you can't have super weather protection machines any more, it's happening, bit by bit, slowly, almost without you noticing even, gas going up, insurance going up, road tax for us, £400 a year for an suv and did I mention gas going up, yup get used to it, that's how it happens, drip by drip and not some cataclysm scenario that we have been fed to think will come with a bang, apart from the wars, and the revolution of course, they will be televised, and so we wait then..." Jats chuckles putting the kettle on again quite looking forward to clearing up some of the chaos tomorrow for that client who doesn't believe in global warming of any kind while Jats is warm and dry on higher ground then

fleamailman (09-25-2012), Loz (09-25-2012)
Old 09-25-2012, 09:50 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,065

repost from elsewhere

the goblin just changed the subject, opening up, relating "...my daughter and I arrived today, tomorrow we attend dad's funeral, and then the next day we return home, my feelings about being here are very mixed indeed, in that is my daughter is as happy to be here loving each and every london moment as I am feeling its other extreme of me being weary of having stupid memories pop out of nowhere with each and every passing corner, no thanks, either I can't go back to enjoy them or they're just stuff I don't wish to remember, whichever then, it is more than just dad's funeral this time, feeling more like a foreclosure coupled with a retraction then a retreat from here...", anyway, they had taken a hotel in bayswater, and had then had a chinese meal together, before she went off to her friends while the goblin himself made a bee line to look upon that never changing statue of peter pan in hyde park for continuity's sake perhaps, and now he was here in earl's court internet cafe for some hours upon forumland to give full sway to his present somewhat jittery alter ego, saying "...so sorry if this post comes across as somewhat odd and out of character, it just that being in london is so like being on some unstoppable ghost-train in the funfair where my emotions were pretty frayed to begin with, as I come to new terms with my loss, either way then that raven has to clear away what remains of this day where I must grow by it too, for in one's defeat one mustn't lose the lessen taught by it..."

xxxx 3131 64372

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-22-2012 at 11:36 AM..
Jats (09-26-2012), Loz (09-25-2012)
Old 09-26-2012, 12:53 PM
Loz (Offline)
Captain Unicorn Biscuits

Thanks 999

Why must there always be a right way for doing things? This idea that different is wrong, or worse yet, that different is better? For once Loz would just like to flavour her own tea ... let it brew for a while. If someone wants to share then she's more than willing. If they add a little sugar, then good for them. But to be told she needs some too, or some milk, or to wait for it to cool, then she'd rather take off to that quite little spot by the sea again where there is just the waves, and the sand, and the wind, and her hands wound around the mug as the dark night closes in and she thinks about what she can't quite say aloud.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
The Following User Says Thank You to Loz For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (09-26-2012)
Old 09-26-2012, 11:10 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,065

repost from elsewhere, the subject of writer's block

whereupon the goblin landed fresh form fending off yet another hoard of stomping mummies on his "last post" thread somewhere else, saying "...one of the most overlooked and simplest ways to overcome writer's block is to engage in rapport with someone else, so share your stuff a bit, converse a bit about the plot now, just bring it to life in your posts and it will live for you as you to yourself, so try out different writing tricks and styles in posts, remember if you don't enjoy what you do, then something is wrong and back will come writer's block by it, so look to your posts mortals, because if you yourself aren't looking at them, then your readers certainly are, where if you narrate, illustrate and genuinely become more imaginative, who knows what posts you may yet make with a mind that seems as on fire for its ideas now..."

Loz (09-27-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 04:10 AM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...a repost from here...this one was painful to write...

just another break up

"It's been twelve years!" she screamed "Twelve fucking years!"
"I know" Jats replied, plonking his head in his hands
"We've been all round the world together, been through the best and worst times together, does that all mean nothing?" she pleaded with him from across the room
"I know, I'm sorry...but, it's you, or the truck..." Jats explains coldly, pragmatically, looking at her with a tear in his eye, as beautiful as the first day he saw those curves that slipped into his gentle caress once more now "...and so you just gotta go girl, needs must again I'm afraid, be good" he whispers, closing the lid on the case and letting her go save someone else's life then

Last edited by Jats; 09-27-2012 at 04:13 AM..
Loz (09-27-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 05:04 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,065

"...that's your guitar for sure Jats..." smiled the goblin knowingly looking at the traffic going round shepherds bush before walking up through holland park to bayswater, saying "...nah, the trouble with mortlake crematorium is that it doesn't have any WIFI so mourners can't readily update their facebook walls...", but joking apart, the goblin just joined his father in some shared moment of death, saying "...hard to explain really, I was silent without emotion nor thought nor distraction, and then the proceedings simply pulled me back here reminding me that I was still here amongst the living by it, and that perhaps, all along, that this was what that funeral really meant, simply a sharing of death for the time that one is looking at the coffin, a goodbye, and then just breaking away to get on with one's own life once more, and besides, life is ever a goodbye anyway..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-22-2012 at 11:38 AM..
Jats (09-27-2012), Loz (09-27-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 10:27 AM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...afraid so, and at least it stopped raining for you too, grey and damp, the perfect English weather to say goodbye to England then, or maybe not...

Jats smiles at the red sky in the window of the little cottage by the canal, a busy day done with seeing as the rain has gone, and so plugs back into forumland then, back now safe "...yes who knows where I might have ended up, the world was my oyster, for a bit, though travel is for the young I say with all it's queuing and it being hard to ignore the humans and their doings..." that's better thinks Jats, back into the flow of words that seems familiar now, less constricted somehow "...though I still fancy Ireland, never been, but not now the dark nights are coming in already with the putting the clocks back round the corner too, fuck I hate that, can we not all write and complain to some gods somewhere who can put a stop to that, yes we could rule the world from our fingertips, why not, you can do it for everything else and it would be just like forumland then..." having completely lost track of what he was on about Jats flicks the tv on and adds randomly "...yes, travel, go get a job that will take you round the world, get out of England, Europe and America now, somewhere safe then...ah that will be Switzerland I s'pose, what a coincidence, yes there will be a few clever goblins hiding amongst the Swiss I dare say..."

fleamailman (09-27-2012), Loz (09-27-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 10:36 AM
Dela Eden (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 168
Send a message via Yahoo to Dela Eden

'This is where I shall be going in August. I cannot wait.' said the girl excitedly. 'As a history, geography, English, biology and politics student, the opportunity to learn about traditional farming methods in Transylvania is an extraordinary one, and I am looking forward to being involved in conserving the numbers of bears and wolves in the mountains surrounding the beautiful Saxon villages.'
The primary purpose of writing fiction, and then publishing what you have written, is not merely to show off … but to entertain the first and second reader, the first reader being you and the second reader being every other person who ever comes alone to what you have written — George V. Higgins
You know you want to -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dela Eden For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (09-27-2012), Jats (09-27-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 11:31 AM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...you show off, wow, but the perfect answer, august next year though? A wolf post in return anyway...

Jats rummages around in the xmas sweets box with just the rubbish ones left and ponders "...there are plans under-way to re-introduce the wolf here in parts of Scotland and while I acknowledge the ecological benefits, the creation of jobs as stewards of the environment etcetera even listened to a couple of talks and read a few books about it, but, yes what happens here if one day 'A Wolf Ate my Baby' became the tabloid headline and the tracking tags proved it, would they be wiped out again in an instant..."

Last edited by Jats; 09-27-2012 at 11:35 AM..
Dela Eden (09-27-2012), fleamailman (09-27-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 12:10 PM
Dela Eden (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 168
Send a message via Yahoo to Dela Eden

'I mean not to show off, I simply mean to show you my joy. Though I do have a substantial amount of money to raise by then.' The girl sighed.
The primary purpose of writing fiction, and then publishing what you have written, is not merely to show off … but to entertain the first and second reader, the first reader being you and the second reader being every other person who ever comes alone to what you have written — George V. Higgins
You know you want to -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dela Eden For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (09-27-2012), Jats (09-28-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 12:26 PM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...I was referring to your sig of course, though it bought me joy, anyway good luck, you have a means to an end now so the time will be less dull for it where there's a book, or two in that adventure of yours for sure...

fleamailman (09-27-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 09:41 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,065

repost from the "how soon is too soon" thread, conversing with admin now

"...you have been a very naughty goblin, and you know what we do with naughty goblins..." said the grocery cart non food stamps type of girl as she slapped her perfectly formed thigh with the crop to rub in that state of sheer control she had over him now "...and now since you have been a bad goblin, you need to be punished don't you..." as she pulled to cord tighter and suddenly a state of elated fear crept over the goblin's outstretched body, she was good, no, she was hard, "...apologize now goblin, I'm waiting..." her tone was sharp "...oh yes I'm very sorry that I post a mush of a paragraph and lots of sentences that are all strung together, seemingly in one "breath" too, madame...." whined the goblin in atonement though to no avail it seems

xxxx
Jats (09-28-2012), luckyme (10-01-2012)
Old 09-28-2012, 09:22 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,065

repost from elsewhere, someone openly asking for the goblin's removal

"...yet I won't ignore you back even if you ignore me as you say, yet I'll compromise, let say that we won't address one another either..." replied the goblin again, knowing that there was no rule but one rule on forumland, that of posting on till one's last, adding "...actually, at times I do wish that I could wish myself away too, afterwhich I then realize that I am just still here with this open slot waiting upon my pen again, so perhaps life is cruel in its mercy for that reason alone, simply that it's ever a tally known only to oneself of what one has actually posted of oneself for the duration that one has been here on this forumland, where the older one gets the more one suffers by its sorry reflection, no I will not address you again, yet this voice was never yours to command its silence, simply everyone suffers yet all are welcome to voice their suffering on forumland, that's this place for you, somewhere to voice one's all..."

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Dela Eden (09-29-2012), Jats (10-01-2012), luckyme (10-01-2012)
Old 09-29-2012, 01:45 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,065

repost from elsewhere, new, new hewing

...well each may draw their own conclusions I suppose, but..., ...” mentioned the goblin thinking upon it now, yet what with the funeral done and there being a few hours remaining before his flight back, the goblin had felt like reenacting a past pleasure of feeding the squirrels perhaps to remember times past with his children before, or just to reach back to something previous to that even, “...anyway, hyde park is quite enormous taking at least a couple of hours to walk across, but having seen many squirrels there the day before the funeral when walking to the statue of peter pan, I had readied and large packet of peanuts this time, and sure enough as soon as I opened it a squirrel appeared before me, and then another too, and then one more after that and so on, and then a couple magpies, and so, still enjoying my luck I started to count them now, the voice in my mind going one two three four but then it suddenly stopped as the fifth one, being only a few feet in front of me and whom I hadn't noticed till that point was actually dead...”, merely a feeling of death had returned within him again together with an understanding that the goblin had no ties left to london now, for it too, like the funeral belonged to his past where he didn't belong today, so he wanted deeply to go home and forget it all, whereupon the goblin had simply handed the bag to someone else who had small children and then hurried away feeling as most people exiting graveyards do, somewhat unnerved by it

xxxx

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-22-2012 at 11:40 AM..
Jats (10-01-2012)
Old 10-01-2012, 01:52 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,065

repost from elsewhere

Tired, tired, tired...
next day of many and the forumbots seem just seem "out for the count" now, noted the goblin watching for some signs of life on their forum, really not quite sure if their heart was into it even, adding "...my problem is that everyone wants to read really good posts but so few want to actually challenge themselves to create them, so yes, instead they stick up ignored links in designated threads, or in their signature, to their cobweb covered blogs or down-loadable pig in a poke ebooks elsewhere, and yet when one actually looks at their posts directly it's like they're not seeing that those posts are actually their writings too...", yet by now the goblin had ranted on repeatedly against leaching, just he hated those writer's that thought that the only writing was published bookwriting or personal blogs, where for them forumland was at best perhaps just somewhere to comment and converse over their ever so far more important stuff elsewhere each time, yes the goblin minded deeply but he knew that declining booksales and plummeting views to blogs were their comeuppance for their vanity vis a vis this forumland here, but what actually hurt was to see writers with real talent on writer's forums who put zilch into their posts, those who still didn't see that their readers were with them looking on at them thinking "well heck, if that's their posts then their whatever will probably be just as lacking...", but the goblin meant well, no this forum didn't need to pretend to be some writer's forum for writers writing about their stuff elsewhere at all, no nothing was stopping this forum form being the most direct dynamic writer's forum on forumland, just that the writers here had to see that their readers who were looking on were no further away than at the other end of this post

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-01-2012 at 02:35 AM..
Jats (10-01-2012), Loz (10-01-2012)
Old 10-01-2012, 02:35 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,065

("...I have just noticed that I have posted that post below before here, my bad then..." mentioned the goblin changing the post for that reason then, adding "...it goes well, the post are fun to read...")

repost from elsewhere, new

“...well now goblin...” the muse's voice was quite pragmatic about it, continuing “...forumland is like a forest where these forums are its trees and where you posters settle or roam amongst its branches...”, whereupon she smiled, adding “...ah, but like any forest goblin, one needs to know were one is going to walk across its surface, and yet, if one doesn't have a strong sense of direction, nor notice the passing of time within its endless turnings, one might lose one's way growing old with nothing to show for it, so be careful about forumland my little goblin, do not lose yourself within it lest arrive at self not seeing how you got there, for forumland forgives you, and forgets you too, too readily for comfort...”

xxxx

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-22-2012 at 11:42 AM..
Jats (10-01-2012), Loz (10-01-2012)
Old 10-01-2012, 05:22 AM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

jobs done, apart from a simple phone call, Jats stares at the empty afternoon and wonders what to do with it then, other than housework while drowning out the noise of a distant neighbour banging at something, though not one of the line of women this time that he has been banging through his mid life crisis, according to Jean anyway two doors away, which just made Jats think of going to the pub more often "...yup I have to agree, writers who write, I'm convinced now, I've even been moved to vote, the cynic that is I, yay go human, good luck, I liked it, so I've said it, by pressing a button, click click, now go sing your heart out..." chuckles Jats settling down to catch up on the repeat of this years surprising guilty pleasure having been doing some gossiping of his own then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgqD-6WYZfQ&feature=plcp

Last edited by Jats; 10-01-2012 at 07:12 AM..
fleamailman (10-01-2012), Loz (10-01-2012)
Old 10-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Loz (Offline)
Captain Unicorn Biscuits

Thanks 999

Oh dear. Loz is starting to realise that she's a bit disfunctional. Yes, she probably should have noticed sooner, but denial is such a useful tool. Loz snuggles up in her bed, alone, at last, and yet just for now. No questions probing like a medical exam, or constant chatter to fill every gap. The door is locked, the phone unplugged and Loz wraps a quilt around her. She yawns, snuggles down, and relishes in the silence of written words.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
The Following User Says Thank You to Loz For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (10-01-2012)
Old 10-02-2012, 01:28 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,065

repost from elsewhere, new

"...very inspirational xxxxx I like that poem indeed..." went the goblin hoping there was more, before returning to something previous, explaining "...a high postcount is something one can create for oneself if one posts often enough, however a high hitcount is something given to one by one's readers, where for example that other thread, the one you stumbled across, often gets a thousand hits per post, not that that means all that much to me for I will never step out of my anonymity here, though it does kind of give short shift to those who say I'm not a livewriter worthy of my pen now...", whereupon the goblin laughed upon remembering the time he got banned for his retorting something like look first get the hitcount and then school me if you must, adding "....not that that ban actually changed the validity of the retort for as goes the hitcount goes the livewriter, and yes I'm racing death too, yet without death chasing me perhaps I would have never rendered unto what is within me these posts which do not belong to ceasar around me..."

xxxx 3147 65329

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-22-2012 at 11:44 AM..
Old 10-02-2012, 05:02 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,065

repost from elsewhere, the "why do you write" thread

"...actually, I write probably because there's something very wrong with me..." ventured the goblin, adding "...though if it's any consolation to you, I'm not nearly as mad those who read my posts, no I mean that they must be very far gone indeed even to have read this far now, um, and right to the end of my post too, well who knows then, maybe they'll never ever be sane again..."

xxxx

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-22-2012 at 11:45 AM..
Old 10-02-2012, 06:53 AM
JohnConstantine (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 725

Your problem is mania. Despite too often being groundless, your highs are euphoric and I can see all of that excitement in your eyes and it inspires from me a slight smirk. That’s me pretending to be happy and feeling guilty about it. No matter how shaky it might be, nobody can question a manic high, it’s like questioning God, in doing so one dons the traits of the bigot by default. Dismissed simply as one who doesn’t have the spirit, couldn’t possibly understand the high for a second if compelled to question it… the high is infallible. Then the low comes… and the low is just as irrational as the high in much the same way as I expected it would be, not because I didn’t want the high to be true but simply because I am well versed in the machinations of mania. Bereft of cynicism the mania will discount any potential threats, swirling in that whirlwind of dumb but potent optimism without any chance of defection entering its vision, no matter how stark these negative factors may be. But I can see them, maybe because I’m not manic, or maybe I’m a cynical bastard who knows. Now begins the cycle, not trying to burst the manic-high bubble, then attempting to dig the manic low out of a ditch.

You need to walk a little taller. Everyone is struggling and 'nobody said it would be easy' – yes I’m gonna throw those two clichés on the table – and it would be pretty pointless if it was. Highs and lows are in fact to be celebrated, having a diverse life experience is surely more visceral than that devious middle plateau they sell us. ‘Fuck the system’ without a plan is ineffective. Do not allow your world view to be narrowed. It’s not really us and them, that’s an old trick called divide and rule, reality is we are them.

Now GET ‘EM!

Last edited by JohnConstantine; 10-02-2012 at 12:32 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnConstantine For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (10-02-2012)
Old 10-02-2012, 09:56 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,065

("...I really like reading what you write JohnConstantine, that one is so true too..." mentioned the goblin)

repost from elsewhere, the "can I do this without basic skills" thread

"...the worth of one's writing has nothing to do with its success or one's ability I my view, and it has everything to do with one's own determination here..." replied the goblin, explaining "...simply, if you feel passionate about your own writings as I imagine you do now, then whether you are actually any good, or bad, accepted, or otherwise, means nothing where all that just becomes other people's conjecture now, that same conjecture that drives someone of shoot himself in a cornfield over his unsold paintings perhaps, so don't compromise for the sake of their conformity here, lord knows the bookworld already has plenty of conformists writers, the run of the mill type writers whose fate, together with that sorrystate bookworld too is of their own making, just so much yesterday's market by yesterday's means isn't it, which is odd because today's writers still want to be read, yes, and today's readers here still want to read too, just that those writers still think that it's all books while the posters, aka readers here, twiddle their thumbs yearning for something short worth reading, and worth replying to too, on forumland directly by those very same writers who ignore them in their decline..."

151 3150 65480

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe