WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Members' Feedback

Members' Feedback Suggestions, complaints, requests, questions, protests, etc.

RPG Forum

View Poll Results: Would you like an RPG and OOC Forum back?
That'd be fun - Yes 11 40.74%
No point or need - No 16 59.26%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2008, 08:40 AM
Oasis Writer (Offline)
A Crimson Evanescence
Loyal Member

Thanks 20
Default RPG Forum

I know it was taken out because of inactivity, but - just for fun - I was curious as to how many people would like one back, or would like one for those that don't recall having one. lol Was just curious. More of a curiosity suggestion. Go with the majority majority.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-03-2008, 04:56 AM
Q Wands (Offline)
a Ghaidhealtachd chridhe

Thanks 452

OW - Just thought I would explain the reason why I voted No. While RPG may be wonderful fun, I don't see that it is relevant to a writing forum, particularly as I suspect that the posts will not be written with a view to style and content. And, as a moderator, I am not enthused at the prospect of having to read through the various threads to ensure everyone is playing nicely. That is not the reason I joined this forum, nor is it the way I would like to spend my time when I am here. For those reasons, I am against having an RPG forum. Sorry.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:27 AM
Mridula (Offline)
Following Time
Official Member

Thanks 17

Oasis, I'd just like to add that the rest of the staff concurs with QW's views. We do not think it would be beneficial to the forums to have the RPG forum open again. Sorry about that. If you have any further suggestions, please feel free to continue hitting them at us. Thank you!

Old 05-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Miki Yamuri (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Location: In a wonderful world of Science Fiction and Fantasy
Thanks 0

Role Play in a writer's forum would seem to be out of place. However, writing about role play scenarios might have a place
Old 05-16-2008, 07:45 PM
J.D. LeBeaux (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
Official Member

Thanks 0

rpg sounds interesting
Old 06-16-2008, 01:13 PM
Nemesis (Offline)
That Beautiful Insanity

Thanks 87

Voted no due to a lack relevance. I mean, it takes creativity and imagination yes,... but I still don't feel that it has a place at a top notch writing site like WB. Sorry.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:08 AM
eternitysoul (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0
Send a message via MSN to eternitysoul

Why......why.....T-T I think it's not just for fun, I think it gives you the chance to know other people's point of view about something and I think that it would make people to chat together even more and have fun together I think it's a very good idea to have one, anyone who agrees with me put your hands up!!!!
Old 07-30-2008, 01:03 PM
HoiLei (Offline)
Draw, o coward!

Thanks 484
Default alternative idea?

I'm not sure what is meant by RPG. Does it have to do with Role-playing? If so, it does not interest me.

An alternative might be to start a thread in which one person starts a story and the next person continues, etc. That would only be one thread, not a whole board, so it could go in the board games section.

Some rules might make things easier to monitor. For instance, the story could be meant to conclude in a given number of posts (which would limit the oversight necessary). Violent or sexual situations would not be allowed. No one person would be responsible for any character, nor would the character's personality of backstory be laid out ahead of time. If the emphasis is on humor rather than drama, I could see things getting zany.

Again, I don't know what the RPG board had before, or what you mean now. If this suggestion is the exact thing you're vetoing, feel free to ignore it!

HoiLei.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:12 PM
eternitysoul (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0
Send a message via MSN to eternitysoul
Default It's simple

RPG stands for role playing game, it's a kind of game that you take the role of your created character or some character created and make a story with that character in it. Violence is seen everyday in every genre, maybe not every but I'm guessing every story must have a little violence in it to show the emmotions of people or animals. I don't agree with having sexual act in a story but I don't see it wrong for a little romance as far as kissing. I think I have a solution, we do not have to bring back the rpg board but we cann all do what HoiLei says, put them into the board games section where all of us can write a rpg game and have fun with it.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:06 PM
Q Wands (Offline)
a Ghaidhealtachd chridhe

Thanks 452

Apparently there was an RPG forum, before my time, but we have no plans to bring it back. If someone wishes to start a continuous story thread in the Board Games, however, that would be fine.

Old 07-30-2008, 05:57 PM
Winterbite (Offline)
Don't Panic

Thanks 324

I voted No because RPGs never really come to anything. I've played a few, and they always always peter out and die from lack of plot coordination. It's like several different parts of your brain writing a story, and none of them telling the others what they're doing. In the end I usually get bored because nothing can ever happen in these stories, and my character leaps over a cliff or something
Old 07-30-2008, 06:01 PM
glberen (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 8

I voted no because if the goal of the RPG forum is to create characters and involve them in story, then that is already occurring here on a regular basis. No need to couch fiction in some pimped up trappings. Just write it.

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Members' Feedback