WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself; we're all writers here, nothing to hide!

Greetings fellow writers!

Old 03-19-2007, 01:44 AM
JoanneBenford (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default Greetings fellow writers!

Hello everyone!
I'm a newbie here, but have been writing for many years (whisper... 18), and nowhave 8 books in print, which sounds grand, but not best sellers or anything.
I'm also a tutor on the Open University's Creative Writing degree course - a fantastic organsation - great employers and a good course!
Please say hi to me, so I know this registration and everything worked - I'm not great at computer stuff... Still write on paper, me...
Visit me at
http://www.joannebenford.piczo.com

Nice to join you all
Creative wishes
Joanne
Looking at the stars...

Old 03-19-2007, 02:30 AM
BreezyWriter (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Welcome to the Writer's Beat Joanne. Congrtualtions on your Books being printed. What type of books do you write?

Place any pleasures you wish to delight our eyes with. It will be a pleasure to peruse your writing art. Do critic others on your rounds of the Beat, plenty other writers do. Especially if you want others to critic your writing.

If you need help, just ask, someone is sure to answer.

By clicking on the word Forum at the top of this page you will see the delights that others write. Place your writing in appropriate forums and it will be our pleasure to read it once we have a chance.

Also there is some fun to be had at the Board Game. Have fun.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:08 AM
aprilrain (Offline)
I need more minions
Loyal Member

Welcome to Writer's Beat! It's a pleasure to have you. Let us know if you have questions about anything. I hope you enjoy your time here!
Old 03-19-2007, 05:49 AM
gunner (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 2

Hi! Welcome to Writer's Beat. Enjoy.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:46 PM
Love2Write (Offline)
Eloquent Troll
Official Member

Welcome to the forums Joanne!
I look forward to reading some of your work!
Old 03-22-2007, 05:22 AM
starpanda (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 4

Hello Joanne
a fantastic organsation - great employers and a good course!
Don't know about the employer bit but I totally agree with the rest! Glad you could join us!

*'ah yes'...the panda says quietly, remembering getting those brown envelopes through the letterbox, containing assignment marks, setting the video for 6am, for OU programmes, listening to those cassette tapes and the hours sent at the library*
Old 03-25-2007, 02:01 PM
maylet (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 4
Send a message via MSN to maylet

HI and welcome, I hope you have fun here with us

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-27-2007, 08:39 PM
riverstone (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 0
Send a message via MSN to riverstone

Hi Joanne -

I like your site and look forward to reading your work. Congratulations on getting your work done and out there.

Everyone seems to run up against some of the rules at first so I'm starting to pass one the ones I think are most important here in the hello thread. Flaming, personal attacks and the like are not OK. There is a debate area where we try to express opinions on the issues without dumping on each other - it doesn't always work but we try!

In the draft section, post one per day per forum - poetry, fiction, etc with rare exception. That way everyone's work gets seen. Make sure to critique or crit at least three for every one you post. What goes around, comes around, like a Klein bottle from Acme Glass or a Mobius strip.

Crit should be constructive. If you just don't like a piece so you can't help the author then go crit someone else's piece.

When you post a piece, please don't make it all bold and colored green and centered and... if it's in the draft section. It makes it harder to see the writing and to help with the craft.

Ask if you get stuck on anything and we'll try to help.
Kit
If I did not tell you all the changes you might consider, I would be doing you a disservice, treating you with less than the full respect you deserve. This much I have learned from my years teaching and mentoring writers.

Riverstones let the water flow around them.

Old 03-28-2007, 12:08 PM
josiehenley (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing
Official Member

Thanks 3

Hey Joanne, I should have said welcome here, but I first saw your post in the 'writers beat is looking for writers to promote' thread. I've looked at your site now, and like it.

Old 03-29-2007, 04:03 PM
OnceUponATime (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Location: State of Insanity - I must be in order to start my own paper...
Thanks 12

Hi Joanne and welcome to Writer's Beat

Glad to see that you've also applied for Critic & Columnist. I look forward to reading your work!

Best wishes,

Jillian

-Jillian

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions