WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

Staying on top of marketing trends

Old 12-17-2013, 11:57 PM
artylruane (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default Staying on top of marketing trends

The newest marketing trends always seem daunting at first. You donít know how you are going to possibly make the change or figure out how to use the new social media platform, but once you finally have it figure out, itincreases your customers significantly. That is why you need to stay on top of marketing trends. Otherwise, you could easily get left behind and destroyed.

Just like a dinosaur

If the dinosaurs were able to better adapt to new environments, they would have probably survived, but not being able to adapt meant they were destroyed. In an ever-changing market like we have now, it is essential that you also know how to adapt or you may end up dying. As Forbes points out, in just forty years, there have been drastic changes in technology. The first 2.5 percent of businesses on top of new marketing trends are innovators, and the last 16 percent are dinosaurs. The sooner you get in, the better it is for your business.

From Fax to Email

It seems the only businesses that use fax anymore are doctors offices, which makes your life miserable if you ever try and get your medical records. They can get away with it, but you definitely canít. Forbes shows
us that having a fax machine, less than 40 years ago, was a huge deal. And if you didnít have it, you were falling behind. Now, having a fax machine means you are much older than your competitors. It may be necessary to have in case you ever need it, but in general, it is something you should never keep. Instead, we have a little thing called encrypted emails. In less than 40 years, we completely changed the way we do business, and it has made a huge difference to how we communicate every day. That same kind of thing has happened with marketing.

From billboards to social media

Marketing has changed a lot too. You may choose to do billboards still, but most companies make the smart decision to stick with social media. Back in the day, people were out a lot, so businesses wanted to follow the
marketing trends of the time and market where the people were. Now, people stay indoors more and spend most of that time on social media. The new marketing trends now tell you to start advertising online where people are spending most of their time. It is the best way to be where your customers are. Social media is where your business needs to start.

Marketing News brought to you by paypercallmarket.com

Source:
forbes.com/sites/larrymyler/2013/12/11/seo-social-media-and-digital-marketing-dont-be-a-dinosaur/

Old 12-18-2013, 01:38 AM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 380

Originally Posted by artylruane View Post
If the dinosaurs were able to better adapt to new environments, they would have probably survived, but not being able to adapt meant they were destroyed. In an ever-changing market like we have now, it is essential that you also know how to adapt or you may end up dying. As Forbes points out, in just forty years, there have been drastic changes in technology. The first 2.5 percent of businesses on top of new marketing trends are innovators, and the last 16 percent are dinosaurs. The sooner you get in, the better it is for your business.
Dinosaurs are still around today, and they are flying... so you have probably used a bad analogy... I would recommend a group of non-avian dinosaurs, like the Sauropods...

Personally, I would use the Sauropods, for a different analogy, it would form the basis to a children's story, like those "just-so" stories... something along the lines of, "How the greedy Sauropods curtailed their own evolutionary progression"... the Sauropods are described as "energy-hogs"... which means that, while these beasts were around, they were consuming large amounts of energy and not leaving much for other kinds of Sauropod, i.e. smaller ones... and therefore they curtailed Sauropod evolutionary innovation... the moral to the story would be to spread a bit of love among your fellow Sauropods...

So let us imagine that the Sauropods are institutions, such as, banks, insurance agencies, large energy corporations, large telecommunication corporations etc, and these guys are hogging all the energy and re-investing it within themselves... outside of this niche are some more smaller Sauropods that can do with a bit of bread, some of these even have some cool ideas as to how Sauropod evolution should go, a few have even dream up feathers and fur...

but when they ask the bigger Sauropods if they could spare some change for a bite to eat, they get told to "fuck off"... therefore, these smaller, weaker, Sauropods end up working some dead end job making more resources for the bigger Sauropods... Meanwhile the bigger Sauropods are having a whole heap of water-hole parties, rooting a few Triceratops and make a few back door deals to the Tyrannosaurus etc for them to just eat the weak etc, and then a big-arse-motherfucking asteroid collides into the world...

The Sauropods die out, but other groups of species, who did not bite off more than they could chew, radiated into birds and flew off into the sunset; happy as little motherfuckers...

THE END
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw
Old 12-18-2013, 06:25 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

("...nice posts..." went the goblin enthralled by the idea of one's persona in the context of forum-readership, smiling "...ah now, is it my fault that you humans want interaction here, I mean if this had been a long post you might not have read it even...", somehow the goblin guessed that many humans wanted to think of themselves as readers still, yet the stamina was lacking, moreover the time in the day was missing too, thus the goblin compromised to them now, concluding "...ah now, today my dear humans it's all about the 2cts isn't it...")
The Following User Says Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
PickleBottom (12-18-2013)
Old 12-18-2013, 07:58 AM
Mike C (Offline)
Legend
Official Member

Thanks 1,572
Send a message via MSN to Mike C

Oh goody. Fucking spam.
fleamailman (12-18-2013)
Old 12-18-2013, 04:38 PM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 380

Originally Posted by fleamailman View Post
("...nice posts..." went the goblin enthralled by the idea of one's persona in the context of forum-readership, smiling "...ah now, is it my fault that you humans want interaction here, I mean if this had been a long post you might not have read it even...", somehow the goblin guessed that many humans wanted to think of themselves as readers still, yet the stamina was lacking, moreover the time in the day was missing too, thus the goblin compromised to them now, concluding "...ah now, today my dear humans it's all about the 2cts isn't it...")
Yeah, unfortunately a person cannot force-feed reading... how does one elegantly introduce a piece of writing to keep 'em reading...? I suppose they need to see the carrot at the start and follow it to the end... the problem then becomes, does the reader get to eat the carrot after they finish the journey...?
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw
The Following User Says Thank You to PickleBottom For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (12-19-2013)
Old 12-18-2013, 05:38 PM
JoeMatt (Offline)

Thanks 1,526

That would have been lame 5 years ago.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:35 AM
Front&Centre (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 199

I'd like everyone to know that dinosaurs didn't die because they couldn't adapt.
They did adapt. They adapted beyond recognition, and that's why they don't exist any more.
I mean, that's what evolution is.

This is poor spam.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:45 AM
JoeMatt (Offline)

Thanks 1,526

As opposed to the good kind of spam.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:48 AM
Front&Centre (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 199

I just mean badly researched.
No one's really reading it anyway, but these analogies don't even make sense.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:06 AM
JoeMatt (Offline)

Thanks 1,526

I wasn't being serious. It's lame regardless.

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe