WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

oh how I hate editing posts, so share with me then

Old 06-30-2014, 12:09 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere, the "I need help" thread, writer's block where the goblin had asked

This is stuff I like to write. "My hand drips of my blood as I cut the last bit of life out my wrist. I sit and wait to go to see my love again as she is in heaven." Thats from a poem I wrote I long time ago. But thank you I like your idea from staring in the middle.
"...I'll be your reader if you like, so share with me where possible, as I'm good at listening in my way..." went the goblin promising xxxxx that much at least, then adding "...but I won't be elsewhere though, no I only read posts, just that I like the feeling that the author is on hand behind that post then, live in other words...", and with that the goblin linked some music that might get xxxxx back into the mood, smiling "...I mean you do know that there more readers here online today than in that bookworld there, so write now, your readers awaits you still, for here is your modern day reality of this virtual reality that is never admitted to be what it truly is, just our world made up of these words between us, for this is all fiction here and thus we are all quite fictional by it..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvT5lm3OIxw

Old 06-30-2014, 12:21 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere, another welcome

I am too prolific for my own good usually, but I am hurting. My ex 86ed me. She is half my age and she's cyber sexing girls half her age 34 online. She also turned out to be a dyke in real life. I am a man. You don't have to worry about me, but I'd look out for her. I'm just looking for friends while I recoup enough to get back into writing. I almost committed suicide twice. Stupid old fart right?
"...naah, nobody is an old here save those who would wish to be too real for their own good today, yet you're not real are you, I mean here you can't prove anything about yourself for all your words, so then, why not be that which you'd just like to be anyway instead of that unprovable reality that only you know for sure..." proposed the goblin with a smiled before heading off to his work this morning, where the day itself seemed gray with indifference towards the petty schemes of those mortals below it, whereupon the goblin too just turned his gaze back at xxxxx and mentioned "...no, they'll read your posts for sure, but not your books anymore, for their attention spans have weakened by way of this medium so much so that their need for interaction and involvement takes priority over reading at length, yes, everything points to the readership is dead long live the replyship now doesn't it where the writer's autopsy might well read death by ill adjustment to the obvious even..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 12:40 AM..
Old 06-30-2014, 12:31 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere, chatting with a bonesage

"...well I guess you're just finding your feet there bonesage..." went the goblin suspecting that his might be found at the end of his legs still, but that a certain green stomach had confounded his conjecture somewhat, then continuing "...just so many considerations aren't there when addressing forum readership here, where repetition, length, punchline, and fluidity too, are all just that which one masters along the way I guess...", in fact, the goblin had no advice, nor gave it neither, instead he let those who would converse with him experiment still, saying "...my three goals then, a writer's way with words, an illustrator's eye and a credible persona here, why, because a persona never grows old, far from it, if one masters those three goals there, the persona grows younger still, I mean after all wouldn't you like to be as young as you write rather than as old as you are..."

244 4562 148266

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 12:41 AM..
Old 07-01-2014, 12:39 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere,

Swim, walk, grow and leak, human nature eternity. Slither, writhe, pierce, dissolve, human nature must evolve. Stride, kill, love and lay, humans now no longer prey. Change, shift, dream and think, human devours human meat. Conquer, create, joy and vex, lesser humans no longer apex. Strife, pain, bleed and mend, his brain and body will transcend. Carry on, and Transcend.
"...it reads well and you could go far by it, more hewing then, more reposting it to elsewhere perhaps, how about a matching picture too..." voiced the goblin pleased to have company at least, no grateful even, then adding "...think of this thread as yours for the posting upon then, where I'll accompany you upon your journey to self if you like and where forumland itself is both vast beyond the need of conformity, and fast beyond their recollection, where one just feels a sense of its audience at each moment, and some approach of deadline too, yet no one is ever here while all along it was just words upon a screen while it lasted, yet forumland knows its own and nurtures one for the duration, but the livewriter unlike his bookwriting counterpart is only ever a few posts away form his own oblivion here, for forumland is both vast and fast..."

reminds me of this then

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 12:43 AM..
Old 07-01-2014, 12:41 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere,

We taste the silken memories that The Bonesage had about..."his friendly Goblin"...so a pleasure to meet this thing at last. We've been smelling and feeling your posts through his eyes, and we would love to discover ourselves through your "eyes". We have none of our own, but we use the ones around us, the ones we've slithered into through dreams, and what we see through them disgusts us. So, help us understand, Goblin: What are we?
"...quite right, for we never get to see for ourselves that which the author sees to begin with, and thus the reader sees only his own interpretation instead as cast up by whatever the author wrote..." replied the goblin who too wrote for his readers then, but even so, never agreed to write what they actually wanted now, explaining "...just I need a certain sense of audience here, and that feeling of deadline too that only this being online like this can give me now, but once I feel I'm being read I then forget those readers for my ghosts instead...", simply it was just a juxtaposition here where the readers were mostly imaginary to the goblin but where his ghosts were all too present in their apparition, where their being real or otherwise made no difference to the experience of, smiling "...I mean doesn't one's actions become ingrained to one's nature through the practice of them, where clearly writing is a real feedback loop if ever there was one now..."

xxxx 4564 148334

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-02-2014 at 11:10 AM..
Old 07-02-2014, 01:19 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere, new, still hewing it though

What do you think of birds, fmm?
"...I like the company of humans more I suppose..." went the goblin on his day off now, where the view from the bistro was wet where it had previously been raining, it was market day then, but one off to a late start it seemed and where all just seemed to encouraged the goblin onto the forumland all the more, focusing upon those around him birds now, then commenting "...ravens in the trees above the stalls below, that bird of death as some would say, appropriate perhaps, and in such numbers lately, and above them still glide those fish eagles then and if you even thought the ravens were large birds then then fish eagle are bigger still, enormous even, as they circle slowly upwards upon man's unwittingly provided convection currents, so it's these two birds then, one that never lands on the ground itself having as little to do with you humans as possible, and the other that coexists fully with you preying off your leftovers...", yes, there are other birds too, but only these two really stood out in the goblin's view for their stark contrast now

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 12:45 AM..
Old 07-02-2014, 01:32 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere

"...raining today, rain without letup too, and where it's set to rain the whole day all I guess..." went the goblin on his day off while feeling all to more justified to escape from his reality into his thoughts now, adding "...I've been trying to write about borax, and how in the victorian age it was added to milk that had gone sour to take away its sourness thus making it drinkable again, and how most children were then weaned of borax laced milk it seemed, and although borax in itself wasn't poisonous the milk could then become infected thus causing many children to die by an illness that otherwise they wouldn't have contracted, thousands died like that, not that this any of this here would have any bearing on one's present day then, becoming something anecdotal then in that borax in no longer used so infected milk is not drunk today, just a sad occurrence in some bygone age then...", and yet the rain was causing the goblin's mind to think on further still, saying "...no, I wonder if anyone would be wrong in thinking that ourdearmedia uses something like borax for their media portrayal today, for the news does seem so laced with such reassurances and distractions that our evident demise doesn't seem so bad after all, no, and although one can't say that their spin is detrimental to one's wellbeing here, in fact we come back for more even, it becomes dangerous because it nullifies those warning signs that would otherwise cause us to take more precautions..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 12:46 AM..
Old 07-09-2014, 07:07 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

("...sorry for my lapse then..." went the goblin)

repost from elsewhere

fleamailman did we just engage you in direct conversation without a repost from elsewhere?
"...well my posts all have to start somewhere I suppose..." replied the goblin aware too, that if his reply back either here or elsewhere merited its keeping then it would join the bunch of replies that would be edited correctly eventually, whereupon the goblin put it at its simplest "...so first I reply to you to the best of my ability, something that is all wrong and crude and probably not what I meant by it anyway, and afterwards I then get to reply to myself the second time around with that which I actually wanted to say all along but didn't, where of course by then the context of which has long been forgotten..."

Old 07-09-2014, 07:09 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere

“…think I’ll stay here a bit then…” went the goblin suspecting that this thread was somewhere tantamount to a real football free freezone now, and as such somewhere free to bide out one’s time till that tide of marauding soccer zombies finally return looking for their brains once more, whereupon the goblin just went “…and may the most quiet team win now, for if not folks, you have my permission to be sleeplessly miserable instead, thus my hope to have any non latin country win the cup now, though alas those hopes seem somewhat thin going thiner still, perish the thought though, leaving the only other question I suppose of where’s the coffee if one has to actually live through all this awake…”

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 12:48 AM..
Old 07-10-2014, 01:09 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere
It seems as though those other type-ish things here are in possession of a distorted and malnourished view on our lovely Goblin. Seeing as I, just a simple Bonesage, am no longer in cerebral restraint, I can assure you all that just as a flea will deliver paper messages and notices without tire, and as a mailman is one of those things in your eye fluid you're not supposed to see but sometimes do, this Goblin has varied uses and skills and powers. Just respond, scribe something meaningful or laden with hidden meanings (Hi!) and you shall receive your livewriting sort of response. The kind that many overlook and many more find too subtlety meaningful for their consciousness to grasp. Carry on. And they all laughed when his brother was eviscerated, hell, they should have. xxxxx was a total jerk.
the goblin was appreciating the bonesage's writing style immensely, where not once did he stipulate how she should go about it, saying "...bookwriters are often alike, perhaps because books over time have come to be standardized in order either to sell or to be accepted, but what we do is more like painting then, graffiti even, yes, I've been banned from many writer's forums to date, but thus livewriters differ, their readership is direct, and their readers are these posters around them, where some are book writers too, me, I'm just one of their number now, where my anonymity frees me from caring much, so no, I simply write because what one writes writes one back where the persona is the product on the practice, yet I'm a good livewriter in my time I feel..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 12:50 AM..
Old 07-16-2014, 05:02 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere, intro on a quiet writer's forum

Hi, everyone. I signed up 1 month ago and I found this website useful. I'm writing here because I want to get familiar with the Forum.
"...well yes, do feel free you familiarize yourself and to fraternize too with all these creatures you may yet come across upon the forum threads, where no doubt that spambot will here shortly to plaster threads with its whatever once more, quite harmless though, tending to spam in sections other than our lounge here.." went the goblin with a wide welcoming smile, being only too happy too to have some real company for a change before, and then adding "...just cabbages or kings or anything between those two please, why in fact we could while away our time together here in all manner of topics between us, so think of me as someone who will read anything you write upon the forum and naught elsewhere now, why so, well that's just my nature I guess, or could it be that that's where my interests lie then, in this interaction of posts per se, and not that one way reading that most writers busy themselves with quite over the heads of all these readers around them still...", and with that the goblin dipped his hand into his pocket and pulled out a red carpet lined with snapping paparazzi thinking how much it might please the girl if he rolled it out in front of her, while guessing that she was a girl mind you, and while signaling for her to walk towards him upon it, but then sighing to himself under his breath"...what a pity it is then, how you humans always want the second best it seems, for surely the writings in themselves are worth far more to you than any reputation you might gain by them..." where anonymity to the goblin just seemed ever so wondrous in its unobligingly free sort of way

Old 07-16-2014, 05:05 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere

hey so I'm new, and I've got a question. If you post anything on this site, do you have copyright? help me out here
"...tell you what then, first you have to prove to me that you are the real you here and not another you just pretending to be you in your place now..." ventured the goblin in earnest, suspecting too that one's online identity was unprovable, adding "...I mean doesn't a virtual reality mean that none of any of this is real anyway, moreover, which jurisdiction are we talking about here, where the website might state something but where the law in your country might be different again, so no, if it's crucial to your works then I suggest you check the laws of your own country beforehand, but before worrying about copyright even, shouldn't one be worrying about gaining that readership in a declining market, where something uncopyrighted but read is worth more and going to advance you further than something copyrighted but unread for those rules that make it a deadweight when someone wants to air it elsewhere...", which was why the goblin never laid claim to anything he wrote

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 12:52 AM..
Old 07-16-2014, 05:09 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere, the goblin declining an open offer

Submitting Stories to our App will help you Market your writing, give you the chance to win contests, and allow you to build readership! (Check out more from xxxxxx)
"...no, I never read anything of someone whom I haven't first conversed with..." smiled the goblin thinking himself not too different from most people out there, adding "...so if you want a readership, first go to your readers in your posts, then run your publications in parallel to your posts if you like, why, because I'm probably the worst author on this forum, if not on forumland even, but I'm also making 4000hits a post elsewhere, and that's one of many forums I'm on too, no I mean they're begging for online content, but you authors are shortchanging your readers by still offering them long winded publications instead...", in fact, the goblin was on the author's side here, for he could just as easily remained silent letting them fall ever further behind now, still smiling though "...look, it's online interactive content isn't it, anything else just get TL;DR these days..."

Old 07-16-2014, 05:13 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere

I see what you did there
"...so it's either your post prompting me to think up some conjecture in reply towards it, or it's my mind comes up with something of its own by itself..." mentioned the goblin not knowing why his mind was now fixed upon the line it's war in heaven and hell on earth for his days were not bad then, where admittedly too the weather had been wet now, but no, more it was what it was was what it shouldn't be, where both climatic destabilization matched by economic destabilization were here waiting, explaining "...quantitative easing just means adding more zeros to the economy, likewise post glacial rebound simply means pouring more water to the sea, and where the action is the same in both cases so the outcome is the same too, where the economy sinks further on the one hand and where the seabed sinks further on the other...", yet one couldn't see the economy for its size, any more than one could see from the shore how the seabed is sinking under the waves, sighing "...just knowingly at best then and all conjecture on my part, where the heavens just seemed to be calling up the reserves within this peaceful time remaining, and where tomorrow could well be so very different from today..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 12:54 AM..
Old 07-16-2014, 08:25 AM
JohnConstantine (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 725

OK Flea, you twisted my arm.

‘Stop getting angry…’ the voice of Randian Objectivism restarted, sounding dejected ‘sit down or something for God sake, just because you’re too stupid to see a good deal when you see one, you’re advocating compulsion you idiot, you think we’re screwed now but try working on one of those Stalinist collectives you’re so fond of.’ The voice stopped for a few seconds, and seeming to realise that no one was not going to reply added ‘I mean, until you stop coming in at all hours of the morning with McDonalds dripping down your Ralf Lauren polo shirt… the allure of consumerism, which you are well and truly susceptible to, would never be fulfilled in your hypothetical agrarian world, and what fun is that?

That said, I shouldn’t be surprised, this is the cyclical truth of affluence, just as that moneyed wave hits its high point all the human molecules which make up its grand expanse have a small window to look back, stuffed as pigs, mixed up with those old jaded feelings of unfulfillment, gluttony and the dreaded guilt. So predictable, just like a kid eating too much cake, happy as hell, but every onlooker with eyes in his head knows the outcome. Is this all it is? You ask. The land of bread a circuses, just like the land of deprivation, drives people to spirituality once more as you look for that elusive meaning, purpose, higher or otherwise, suddenly even ridiculously bright yellow Lamborghinis aren’t tickling your pineal gland and someone suggests a trip out into the amazon. Meanwhile Brazil’s wave is increasing in stature – curiously made up of Europeans, their slaves and the posterity of those two groups – at rapid speeds and they’ll be heading over to Blighty to indulge in ancient Pagan ritual after one too many KFC’s before long.

Peaks and troughs you see, wasn’t always this way… at one point the bounty of Mother Earth as you call it was plenty and all sides, for want of a better term, were ignorant enough to be happy hunting. Not that contentedness with hunting and ignorance are mutually exclusive but I’m sure you get it. The point is… it was us bumping up against each other in search of sustainable eras of bread and circuses and thus the haves and the have nots became reality. But what if you could just wipe out the entire opposition? And go back to the plentiful bounty with all the benefit of hindsight and technology? Why it would be paradise. Now… how does one exterminate six and a half billion people?’
fleamailman (07-16-2014), rockman (07-16-2014)
Old 07-17-2014, 05:40 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

("...yes twisting your arm indeed,and about time all that guilt about your not posting here got to you then now, for your talent is self evident where that one has all the hallmarks of JohnConstantine if ever a post did..." smiled the goblin who missed the days when the posters here would come up with posts that left him fired with thoughts aplenty, adding "...times change and the personas do move on I guess, though many are still at it on their respective forums today, so I won't be the last livewriter after all, but you and I will be here ever amongst the firsts it seems...")

repost from elsewhere, the "How to go all the way? I can't seem to finish what I start!" thread

"...what could be more encouraging than sharing it out upon the internet today and having them come back for more..." smiled the goblin, adding "...no, I mean if it's something that you're later going to self publish as a downloadable ebook from amazon, then who cares about who has read it before that point, just write it out again upon a forum in episodes with cliffhangers, just get the readers involved then, whereupon if the hitcount soars those readers will then push you onwards to finish your work, promise...", in fact, the goblin had often come across authors writing in a vacuum, and was amazed that more of them didn't just give up because of it, confiding "...me, I could never write without this sense of audience here and feeling of deadline that only writing within posts gives one, why, because the readers are on tap and the hitcount tells no lies about where one stands..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 12:55 AM..
Old 07-19-2014, 11:49 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere

What do you do when all your efforts to create opportunities for yourself lead to a brick wall? I have done everything I know how to do and still end up with no results. Almost everything we do relies at least partly on other people. Doesn't matter how good your book is if there are no editors willing to give you a chance. Doesn't matter how good your painting is if nobody has the money to buy it. Doesn't matter how good your kickstarter idea is if nobody who likes the idea has money to spare.
"...welcome to the very place with more readers viewing these posts between us now than in that bookworld still..." smiled the goblin liking xxxxx, thinking her very brave indeed to be even this honest here, and then thinking too that the more she put into her posts the more those posts would then entice these readers here towards her other publications...", for no, it wasn't anyone's fault that the readers were no longer reading books like before, more likely it was just the fault of an online lifestyle that left them with less and less time to read at length, on the one hand, coupled with a desire to interact with the author too, resulting in what then, a 3% at best populous who still read books, and thus making it hard upon those who refused to write online for online, then as if smiling as best he could the goblin just purposed something, saying "...well now, how about becoming known by one's posts first, and then after that, if it's still important to you and if those posts are anything to go by, letting readers advance towards your other awaiting publications, for to post is to publish pure and simply, where ever so correctly written plane jane posts is probably the very last thing anyone would expect to see on a writer's forum from real authors and poets here, so no then, I'll help you where I can but first you must be willing to go against those writing rules and that writing establishments too, graffiti if to like to think of it as such, just from brick wall to brick road depending upon which direction you choose now..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 12:58 AM..
Old 07-19-2014, 09:32 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere

i think i really need a slap in the face to get myself out of this emo mood...when the latest HIM video just was on tv i almost started to cry...what the heck is this country doing to me?
"...let me spell it out to you as best I can, where perhaps one day we can laugh back at them..." went the goblin quite unequivocally about dailylife, then adding "...no, the whole system that surrounds you now is in fact just their madness, though between the two it might be better to veer on the side of oversensitive towards everything rather than being insensitive toward it, for with such sensitivity over time one can grow accustomed to the farce and adapt oneself to it whereas with insensitivity one just goes through it all quite oblivious of how it manipulates one into thinking that what matters to them should also matter to you too, but of course you and I know that their values are not necessarily one's own values here, and that one has to live one's life lest one's life lives one in one's place, so no then, just repeat after me in a line of what are my own values whenever it seems like their farce is manipulating you into taking on their values without due reflection upon their consequences..."

Old 07-20-2014, 09:11 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere

Well obviously I'm a newbie and it wouldn't hurt to meet some other writers. How are you all? If you are awake.
"...well now, writing is hardly an enviable affliction now is it..." went the goblin who indeed would have liked to be asleep at this point, bar that what one wrote wrote one back causing those intense dreams by it, worse, one's ability to retain those dream, to depict them too, not explained till it's too late, only finely written is the small print of the muse's pact it seemed, whereupon the goblin glanced back at xxxxx here, explaining "...ah no, they don't tell you about that part do they, instead to them this writing is merely like write it out and flog it off, just their writing industry in other words, the published route today as we know it, but then I'm no writer if that is their benchmark there, for I have no books, only posts then, yet even so their affliction has afflicted me in no less a way, intense dreams I mean, just that what you write writes you back where dreams result is all I'm getting at...", and with that the goblin with the end of an extended toe tapped gently upon the red welcoming carpet turning it momentarily green like some traffic light now, though how green and for how long too, was of xxxxx's making, then he asked "...so are we our externals still, that which they would see of us, or are we our internals now, our alter-egos as this virtual reality would have it today, for who knows which we are, for doesn't much depends upon who's looking on upon us, and where that goes from there..."

245 4578 151290

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:00 AM..
Old 07-21-2014, 12:54 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere, the "romanticizing bad times" thread

Sometimes I wish I could be back there. Everything felt so carefree.
"...ah now, either you die in your youth, or else that youth dies in your past, for you can't have it both ways as that the hands of that clock only turns forward where one's innocence is lost through time, for aging is not only in one's appearance is it..." mentioned the goblin who lived somewhat uneasily with his ghosts still, not knowing quite when they would jump out at him in some unguarded moment or in some loose association with something he was thinking upon, yet still smiling though, said "...so perhaps we're just here to lose our innocence by seeing through it, for in my childhood my imagination was fired by toys that seemed to come to life in my hands, and in my youth by girls who burned my heart to a cinder of itself, and even after that too, I amassed the usual trinkets of the moneygod together with those trappings of one's dailylife, yet today their legacy is this me as I appear perhpas but I am not them still, yes it took much to learn that I was not what I have, not those externals then, this external that slips ever further into one's past, no it's even here today and ghost tomorrow...", where a voice in the back of the goblin's mind just went "...ah yes, hot king innocence is dead my little goblin, long live our cold king sobriety now..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:01 AM..
Old 07-22-2014, 12:58 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere, where the goblin's welcome went wrong

Ah, trolls...so fun

"...hardly, I mean trolls raid in groups, ignore the topics, and have no readership whatsoever, whereas at least I was doing my level best to make my welcome to your intro more interesting than that usual fray of "well yes, welcome and hope you settle in too", which kind of tells the reader straight off what they can expect from the book too, not that I write book though, not that I would do an intro like that neither, just that here we are in front of our readers so one leaves the bland stuff to those bland enough to post blandly...", no the goblin liked posting to this forum precisely because he didn't want to care about readership, adding "...no hitcount here, no sales pitch, and anonymity too, meaning that one's motivation to write becomes for its own sake now, where life is too short for fame and fortune, no I want more than that then, no I want a journey to self though writing..."

Old 07-23-2014, 07:49 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere, a new landing upon another writer's forum

I did note that you've posted the same 'Batman' piece on writing forums all over the net. For someone who seems to want to remain anonymous, let me point out that a simple Google search will find your footprints all over the net. Every one of the admins at those sites has knowledge of your IP address. To me, this indicates some attempt to disrupt the entire writing community, both here and elsewhere. If you want to write, write. If this is just a juvenile attempt to waste everyone's time, congratulations on a job well done.
"...oh yes, I mean one has to have an internet history lest they suspect that one is a sock puppet of someone else here, moreover, however anonymous one wishes to remain one still has to go out and find those readers now, because without replies I go hungry, where everyone drinks coca cola without knowing what it is they're drinking, so that's me here, some known unknown hidden in full view like cola perhaps, where all this becomes another recognized anonymity between us..." replied the goblin reaching over for his coffee at the mere thought of coca cola, then adding "...this all ends somewhere, though my first post will be as my last then, for isn't an anonymous livewriter only ever a few posts aways from his own oblivion by it, just from dust to dust then, those ashes to ashes too, and on forumland let's up it from silence to silence now, just fun while it lasted..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:02 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
NokturnalMe (07-23-2014)
Old 07-23-2014, 09:46 AM
NokturnalMe (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 595

Originally Posted by fleamailman View Post
"...oh yes, I mean one has to have an internet history lest they suspect that one is a sock puppet of someone else here, moreover, however anonymous one wishes to remain one still has to go out and find those readers now, because without replies I go hungry, where everyone drinks coca cola without knowing what it is they're drinking, so that's me here, some known unknown hidden in full view like cola perhaps, where all this becomes another recognized anonymity between us..." replied the goblin reaching over for his coffee at the mere thought of coca cola, then adding "...this all ends somewhere, though my first post will be as my last then, for isn't an anonymous livewriter only ever a few posts aways from his own oblivion by it, just from dust to dust then, those ashes to ashes too, and on forumland let's up it from silence to silence now, just fun while it lasted..."
Brilliant reply.

fleamailman (07-23-2014)
Old 07-23-2014, 10:29 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

Brilliant reply.
"...well apparently they didn't think so..." replied the goblin, thanking the raveness, and then adding "...no subsequently I got the usual "just drop that act" final warning a few posts down, oh, and with the edit thread there deleted straight off, all meaning that since I'm not allowed to post as myself there for their conception of how a poster should post instead, I guess they're happily not missing me now, but landings are much like interviews anyway, just one has one's replies ready and see what one is asked by it, quite intense as experiences go, where I'm not in any way confrontational any more than I am conformist neither..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 07-23-2014 at 10:34 AM..
Old 07-23-2014, 10:55 AM
NokturnalMe (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 595

Originally Posted by fleamailman View Post
"...well apparently they didn't think so..." replied the goblin, thanking the raveness, and then adding "...no subsequently I got the usual "just drop that act" final warning a few posts down, oh, and with the edit thread there deleted straight off, all meaning that since I'm not allowed to post as myself there for their conception of how a poster should post instead, I guess they're happily not missing me now, but landings are much like interviews anyway, just one has one's replies ready and see what one is asked by it, quite intense as experiences go, where I'm not in any way confrontational any more than I am conformist neither..."
Dearest Goblin, it is only their loss and your energy's gain.
Some tend to live B&W lives, whilst others enjoy the vivid hues of life's color.
It appears that you are the blot of color to this white canvas.
You're always appreciated here at WB. Or at least I think so.

fleamailman (07-23-2014)
Old 07-23-2014, 11:50 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

("...thank raveness, you should post here more often, so many posters on this forum have what it takes to pull this off and become known by their posts, not easy I know but it so worth it..." smiled the goblin thanking her once more)

repost from very elsewhere, just storing it before the thread no doubt get deleted

I would lament for the future of our craft, and communication in English as a whole, if not for the immense likelihood that you are nowhere near as representative as you seem to think you are. And I find your philosophy in regards to the impact of the internet on human interaction trite, short-sighted, and self-absorbed. I've heard a lot of excuses for the sort of atrocious morasses of ellipses-laden, punctuation-vacant, vapid screeds that show up in internet forums, and yours are among the most insufferable I've encountered. Self-delusion does not become evolution of form no matter how many rules of English grammar you defile in your oh-your-avant-garde gibbering. Poor writing is poor writing, no matter how many buzz-words you dress it up in. You are not revolutionary. You are not innovative. You are not better than anyone here. It's not because we misunderstand you, it's not because we're ignorant luddites who can't comprehend the new wave of genius you're riding, it's because your posts are immature, narcissistic ravings that we don't have to entertain in the slightest. The "Fantasy" in the name of this forum has no relation to your fantasies about what constitutes a sentence in English. Or, perhaps, we merely aren't "hip" to the "thumbtexting". Spare me.
"...no, I wanted to let go here but can't now because that last reply there intrigues me as to its validity then, so now xxxx those are very fine words indeed but could you please link me to a thread by you that actually backs up your conjecture there with a high hitcount to it..." requested the goblin cordially enough, knowing that hitcounts cut ice where readership was concerned, then adding "...but remember too, that it's not that something is well written that make it pulling in itself, it's that it's pulling in itself that makes it worth reading, where it would seem that the posters with the least readership on forumland are those grammarnazis there, why, because if you write like everyone else then "like everyone else" is what it becomes by it, where those you and I actually remember are the very ones that went against the norm here, beatles, van gogh, dickens, coleridge, mozart all throw out that stuffy stuff that went previously to them, whereas the one's you don't remember now are those who followed the crowd in the way you are suggesting..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:04 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
NokturnalMe (07-23-2014)
Old 07-23-2014, 02:16 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere

I'm stuck. I've got a lot of half finished pieces, but I don't know where to start wrapping them up. I look at the work to be done and think it is too much, so I don't touch it. Where do you find the stick-to-it-iveness to get sh*t done? And how do you decide where to start?
"...me, I don't write, instead simply I swing a keyboard between my hands at a plot that is never quite caught by it, but it's fun all the same..." smiled the goblin suspecting too that it was just a case of when fluid write, when dry edit here, adding "...a memorable post takes only a very short time to write, where so few authors think in terms of forum readership and their own posts even though the vast majority of readers today are here online now, moreover, to get the reader interested in your books, it's best to do posts that gives them a taste and feel of your writing now...", for the goblin knew that he would never approach a book by someone of whom he had not first conversed with upon forumland, where an author without posts was like a painter without sketches, so the goblin just repeated "...if you can't paint the painting itself at this point, just do the sketches in posts till you can then, where your posts will simply pave the way to your other writings for both yourself eventually and for your readers till then..."

245 4586 151756

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:06 AM..
Old 07-25-2014, 06:23 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere, the "writing from dreams" thread

"...well it's not so much that I see dreams now..." mentioned the goblin in all honesty here, then explaining "...no, instead it's more like they see me and then involve me in their plots in some inexplicable feedback loop between one's pen and that bed there, where sleep wasn't on the menu and had no part of it, and where too, one only wakes up to rebury their remains in the morning, yes, probably with the very same pen that brought them into being the night before in the first place..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:07 AM..
Old 07-26-2014, 03:23 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere, at a point before the landing turned to banning

"...no, it's just that I'm a realist here, and am often misunderstood at first..." ventured the goblin about his approach to writing, who confessed to not knowing why he was here neither, not that anyone could really know anything without first testing the waters of a forum, but then adding "...also, it's because we see things so differently today, where even if I still love books, it's much as you've pointed out isn't it, the gap is widening between those readers who seem to read more than before, and all those non-readers who seem to read less and less, though meanwhile, and quite independently this book problem too, the online reading of posts is gaining pace then, dare I say booming even..." so, perhaps the real question then becomes how one got one's writings to these posters here, where posters were both unwilling to read at length, and evidently preferred what short interactive content these posts offered, adding "...just that, since books can readily be downloaded over the internet here, your previous explanation, that of the growing disconnect between writers and the general public is due to the decreasing number of bookstores is unlikely now, in that due to this innternet books have never been cheaper nor more numerous in number, and where perhaps instead the real thing to ask oneself here is do books as they are written today remain what the youth still wants to read now where some would find even this post too long for their liking, um..., as in TL;DR I mean..."

245 4588 152273

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:08 AM..
Old 07-26-2014, 06:03 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere, continuation of above

"...thanks xxxxx, but no then, as I'm not known for my replying even if our interaction here has been fruitful enough, so please do not judge me too harshly from this failed landing now, for what I actually do is already well established upon edit threads across forumland, where I'm not the only livewriter neither, and where posters reading posts is a growing segment of online reading today, just it's their love of short interactive content over reading at length I guess, thus I write in compliance to their wishes here..." ventured the goblin at it, much suspecting too, that likewise fifty shades of gray had begun its life as some online fanfiction then, so the goblin felt it best now to put the two writing routes side by side, bookwriting next to postwriting then, starting out with the words "...let me guess then, you first write out something that takes awhile to both research, compile, edit, and finally finalized too, resulting in a downloadable ebook now, something that sells on amazon for 99cts, afterwhich you then go looking for your readers using forums and the like to do so, in short it does seem a lot of work resulting in something that is hardly seems lucrative, has publishing parameterized, and is quite up against thousands of other authors who have exactly the same objective in mind, where alas both rejections and disappointments do seem to be the norm...", but then the goblin made his case for what he did instead, saying "...well me I just put up a post, a piece that started out as a reply like this one had, whereupon the reader then reads it probably noting the goblin persona rather than my username here, which is good because it leave my username for that other function of throwing up one's threads when googled, moreover, the posts in themselves are indestructible because they're peppered across forumland beyond the reach of any one person's delete button and those publishing parameters again, and besides, if those posts show no malice, rejections once one has passed the initial landing stage are very rare indeed, and lastly then, there's no need to go out searching for readers where most readers unwittingly don't realize just how addictive reading posts becomes till they feel that inner urge to reply back where of course by then of it's just too late for them...", where once more that refreshing refrain of "goblins tralala, are not to be trusted tralala" could be heard singing merrily the length and breadth of forumland

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:09 AM..

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe