WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics

Character Clinics Come and discover new things about your characters

Sonny

Old 01-18-2012, 06:52 PM
BKlounger (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0
Default Sonny

Hey, what's up? I'm Sonny. Just Sonny.

I had a last name once, but for the life of me, I just can't recall it. In fact, I'm pretty sure Sonny isn't even my real first name. But enough about that. I've been a soul collector for about three centuries, maybe two and a half. Basically that's like a grim reaper, but a lot less scary and way more bureaucratic. Well, I'm a little scary. The projection of my skin has been rotting off my bones for quite a while. There's about 100 of us, but the workload still piles up. I honestly couldn't tell you the name of a single soul I've collected. Though in all honesty, after three centuries, my memory has pretty much gone down the toilet. So has my general sympathy for just about anything. Right now I just want to make my soul quota so that I can finally be allowed to pass into the next plane. They say its awesome, but I still have another 200 years before I'll ever come close to finishing my list. That is unless I succeed in this wild goose chase they've assigned me to. Some poor schmuck got his body hijacked by a hell monster and because I technically reaped the host's soul, they expect me to help him get it back. Whatever gets me to heaven faster, though I have a sneaking suspicion that this situation may be a whole lot bigger than it appears...

Old 01-23-2012, 05:24 PM
GypsySoul (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Were you a real person before you became a grim reaper? Sorry...soul collector. How did you die? Are you friends with any of the other soul collectors?
I never fancied being lumbered.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:05 PM
BKlounger (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0

I lived an okay life. I never really got in anyone's way, but I never really helped anyone either. Come to think of it, I was always pretty resentful of everyone else. I wasn't exactly wealthy and in the 1700s, that didn't provide a very good life. And before you ask, no, I didn't fight in the war. I died before that, shot in the back after running from a duel. Needless to say I wasn't a very brave man.

Oh and don't worry about the whole grim reaper thing. I make the slip up myself sometimes. Soul collector is just something the higher ups want us to call ourselves to provide a less threatening message. I don't care what you call me, the job is the same either way. I do know other collectors, though I don't care for most. We all just barely missed out on heaven so none of us are particularly good or bad enough to be interesting. Plus, the more collectors out there, the more my hours get cut and the more time I have to wait to get my ticket into heaven. The only friend I have is a man I recently killed and I'm not too sure if he's all that fond of me.

WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics