WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics

Character Clinics Come and discover new things about your characters

Jane

Old 05-06-2012, 09:12 AM
Chance (Offline)
Eloquent Troll
Official Member

Default Jane

Greetings, whoever you are. I am one of few survivors of the Great Disaster, the event that nearly wiped out the human race and turned several cities to dust. It was our own fault, War never changes, but weapons do.
I watched my Brother disappear in the poisonous gas that took over my hometown of Normal Illinois, though I didn't see him die, unlike my parents. My parents were in Chicago when a peculiar bomb vaporized them before eyes, it was not nuclear, otherwise I would have been killed as well.
I saw everyone I loved and care die, I have nothing left. The only thing keeps me going is my animal instinct for survival and my hope for a better future. I kept a broken mirror with me to remind me of the past, to remember when my life was normal. I traveled the Interstate in my 2019 Ford Focus relying on rusted gas pumps and abandoned gas stations for survival. When a man I thought oddly familar saved my life from a approaching convoy of bandits by sheltering me under trap door that was hidden under collapsed shelves. The trapdoor hid a metal ladder that led to the tunnel below. Many survivors moved underground forming cities constantly under pressure by the malevolent forces of the Surface.
This is my story so far.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Total Words: 3783
Old 05-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Jon Starr (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 14

I too am a disaster survivor. It is difficult to only focus on the negative. The mirror is a great reminder of your past, but it can also be a reminder of what to strive for. A world much like it was, a world we all hope to have back some day.

What did you do in your life before all of this? Did you have a goal in life? Perhaps a career you were trying to achieve? What, from your past life, used to make you happy?
Old 05-18-2012, 01:58 PM
K. Klein (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Thanks 18

Hello, Jane.
It must have been terrible to see your family die like that.
Tell me what the better future you dream of looks like. It must be a powerful dream, for it to keep you going after all that.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:11 PM
katy (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

(just wanted to say this sounds pretty epic lol)
did the man remind of someone or just like a sort of dejavu feeling?

WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics