WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics

Character Clinics Come and discover new things about your characters

Soira

Old 11-18-2011, 10:41 AM
Ettina (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Default Soira

[Out of Character Note: This character is being far more honest than she would actually be, since in her world it's not safe to be honest about these things.]

Hi, I'm Soira. I'm 12 years old. I grew up in a small town, but just this year I moved to a big city. I guess I'm pretty intelligent. I tend to think things through a lot before I act, sometimes I kind of zone out because I'm thinking so much. My main pasttime is interacting with other kids in my class, though recently I've gotten into trying to solve crimes too.

I have a big secret, though. I have magic. I can read people's minds, and project thoughts or sensations to them, such as making Zora feel like someone hit her with a spitball.

Most people think mages are evil and should be executed. I guess mages do cause a lot of problems, but it's not our fault. Magic sort of makes you use it. If I go too long without messing with someone's head, I start to get twitchy and unsettled, and the urge to do it gets stronger and stronger until I give in. And it seems to be getting worse over time. When I was really little just looking into someone's mind was enough to satisfy me, but now that's pretty much nothing - I need to affect something instead of just looking. It really scares me, because in my old town, I accidentally broke something in one of my classmates and made her go nuts, and my teacher almost figured out what I was doing.

At least I don't have earthquake magic like that one guy I heard about. An earthquake is a lot more noticeable than one kid having weird thoughts.

Old 11-21-2011, 02:00 PM
fihr (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 195

What makes you think you are intelligent and not just a dreamer?

What events led you to realise you had magic? Is this a story in itself?

How do you hide your magic from your friends and your teacher?

Does anyone else in your family have magic?

How do you find the big city after a small town? Does it give you extra stress with your magic?
Old 12-04-2011, 12:04 PM
lost-nomad07 (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

Do you use your magic to help you solve these mysteries? Do people get permently scared from you messing with their mind to much? Have you ever caused someone to go to a mental institution?

WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics