WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics

Character Clinics Come and discover new things about your characters

Yumi Mai

Old 04-13-2012, 05:04 PM
Jinx (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Default Yumi Mai

Name: Yumi Mai

Hello my name is Yumi! I am 18 and will be moving out of my parents house soon. I will be attending college with my scholarship I earned. Hopefully college life will be better than high school - I think it will be more challenging but ultimately better.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:50 PM
KtConig (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 10

Its nice to meet you Yumi.

You must be very excited to be starting college soon. What was wrong with high school?

Check out my writers blog!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Jinx (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Oh high school was not bad but it gets really old... it is nice to finally be moving on. Getting out of the house and starting my life.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:05 PM
KtConig (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 10

I don't blame you. I was ready to be done with high school during my senior year too. College is really awesome, in my opinion any way.

Do you know what you want to study in college yet?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:20 PM
Jinx (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Massage therapy more than likely :3
Old 04-13-2012, 08:25 PM
KtConig (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 10

Wouldn't you usually just go through certification training for that?I've never even heard of a college offering massage therapy.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:31 PM
Jinx (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

I would probably have to find a specialty college... huh
Old 04-13-2012, 08:40 PM
KtConig (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 10

I always thought that was like cosmetology school. Except, ya know, for massage therapy.

Well, best of luck, anyway! College is a blast!

Old 04-13-2012, 08:42 PM
Jinx (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

I bet it is ^_^

__
Your in college?
Old 04-13-2012, 08:55 PM
KtConig (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 10

Yea, I am. I'm just finishing up my first year, actually.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:39 AM
Jinx (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

That's cool.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:44 AM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 704

Hello Yumi,

Could you tell me where your interest in massage comes from? Are you from a family that is into the esoteric side of life? Or does this originate from another source?

Would you be happy to be away from home? If so, why?

Do you have many friends? Are your friends equally interested in the subject you aim to study?

(Jinx, since this is a character clinic to give flesh and life to your character, I thought these kind of questions could help you further things with it.)

Old 04-14-2012, 11:24 AM
Jinx (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Originally Posted by luckyme
Could you tell me where your interest in massage comes from? Are you from a family that is into the esoteric side of life? Or does this originate from another source?
My family has always been a bit odd. My aunt and uncle both practiced in physical therapy helping people after incidents to get back mobility. So in a sense they inspire me to want to go into massage.

Would you be happy to be away from home? If so, why?
I do not necessarily dislike my home nor family however I want to explore and see different things as well.

Do you have many friends? Are your friends equally interested in the subject you aim to study?
**Note: this is before the accident which occurs in my story**

Well since 8th grade until now my peers have been pretty much the same so we all know each other and I have a close group of friends. They think I am uniqe (a kind of way of saying I'm an odd ball ) and they want me to go for it.

[QUOTE=luckyme](Jinx, since this is a character clinic to give flesh and life to your character, I thought these kind of questions could help you further things with it.)[/QUOTE]

Ok keep the questions coming if you want to :3 the more information I can get fro Yumi the more realistic she will be.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:28 AM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 704

Hi Yumi,

What do you mean when you refer to your family as odd?

How far from home are you willing to stray? Not only in distance but also in way of life.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:37 AM
Jinx (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Originally Posted by luckyme View Post
What do you mean when you refer to your family as odd?
We are not like a stereotypical family like The Brady Bunch (however normally parents don't sleep with there kids :O - if your wondering... then yes that was a stab at the media ).

How far from home are you willing to stray? Not only in distance but also in way of life.
As far as like takes me - for now though I am going to stay close to home to go to college and afterward move on from there.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:44 AM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 704

Where do you see yourself, say ten years from now?

Old 04-14-2012, 11:48 AM
Jinx (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

I don't want to think that far ahead...
Old 04-14-2012, 11:53 AM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 704

Are you in the habit of not planning? Do you ever think things through, Or do you dive in head first?

Old 04-14-2012, 11:56 AM
Jinx (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

It depends on the situation... if is regarding my best friend I will jump in. If it is school/parents/responsibility I try to plan ahead...
Old 04-14-2012, 11:57 AM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 704

What kind of things get to you? I mean what makes you mad, glad or sad?

Old 04-14-2012, 12:14 PM
Jinx (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

What kind of things get to you? I mean what makes you mad, glad or sad?
I like...
  • My friends and going out.
  • Writing in my spare time.
  • Reading books and any thing readable.
  • Learning different languages.
  • And more...
I dislike...
  • Men who hang around my friend Lia.
  • People who treat me like an idiot.
  • More to be added later...
**NOTE: In the story Yumi say she likes males however later on in the story she shows lesbian tendencies... I will let the reader come to there own conclusions later...**
Old 04-14-2012, 12:19 PM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 704

What is your knee jerk reaction when someone you like does something you abhor?

Old 04-14-2012, 12:25 PM
Jinx (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Yumi is very outspoken she is nice to people but if you are doing something idiotic or rude she wont hesitate to call you on it. Whether your a stranger or best friend she will tell you her thoughts. Yumi is good when you want the cold hard truth of the matter.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:29 PM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 704

(Try to remain in character, feel what she feels, act like she would. That way when you write her scenes you can relate to her. So repost your answer, word it as if it is Yumi who is answering.)

Old 04-14-2012, 12:36 PM
Jinx (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Out of character: Oops I forgot I was supposed to be Yumi lol. Let me revise that below...

When someone acts rude to me I try to take a moment and think... is it constructive criticism or is the person just being blatantly rude? if the person is simply being rude then there is a problem. I have no problem cursing someone out despite the fact that society wants me to be lady like. I do not like to conform to gender stereotypes at all :3.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:11 PM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 704

What do you consider rude?
Do you flinch when people use foul language at random?

Old 04-14-2012, 01:26 PM
Jinx (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

What do you consider rude?
Nosey people, people who talk out of place, and other things.

out of character: I am not sure what I should put for that :/

Do you flinch when people use foul language at random?
Depends where I am - if I am at a bar and I hear cursing I am not much. If I am with my friend Lia if she curses I know something is wrong.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:29 PM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 704

Yumi,
It was nice talking to you.
I will be back with more questions for you, but if there is anything you want to tell me, leave a message here.
I'm off now, got to work too.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:31 PM
Jinx (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Bye - I am going out to a friends house now too. I will be on later though.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:07 AM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 704

Hi Yumi,

I have a question for you.
Can you give me three positive traits and three flaws in your character?
Can you look the other way when you see someone doing something you know isn't right?
Do you have a habit you would like to be rid of?

WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics