WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > The Billboard > Writing Markets

Writing Markets Calls for submissions, paying and non-paying markets.

Site Seeking Intellectual Writers

Old 12-29-2011, 07:32 AM
Humanswers (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default Site Seeking Intellectual Writers

Hello WritersBeat faithful!

I run an article site - Humanswers - and am posting a submission for sample pieces from anyone wishing to contribute content. Style of the site is all nonfiction and is comprised of articles about proposing answers to some of the larger questions still lingering for humanity to solve. This involves the likes of philosophy, politics, psychology, pieces pertinent to cultural critiques and environmental issues. As well, we feature reviews of new or popular nonfiction -- not simply to assess the writing style, but to gauge the ideological and argumentative content to see if the book posed new solutions or provided an ample framework for whatever problems were covered.

Pay is commensurate with popularity -- so every month the site's total revenue (from advertising and affiliate marketing) is divided among all the writers, with the total monthly hits from one's content being expressed as a percentage of the total site hits, with that percentage then taken from the total revenue. Having multiple articles or those receiving more hits because of popularity will therefore yield more income, but simply having a piece on the site entitles one to a share of earnings for as long as the site is still running.

So if you're looking for a new outlet to post academic writing about anything from theoretical physics to neuroscience, consider proposing an answer to something currently unanswered in your field of choice. Or if that's not your style, reviews/assessments of interesting nonfiction are also good -- writers can always feel free to message the admin (me) with article ideas or review ideas before investing time.

Style is mostly up to the writer. While the site carries a tone for intellectual discourse, being informal is also welcome because it shows personality and makes what might otherwise be a sterile discussion about evolutionary biochemistry something you might think about for days.

Check out the site to see how we're all set up, or just to see the style of the articles and reviews. I request that you do not message me here, but rather fill out an application on the site itself (there is a form located within the writers' section). This is simply to keep submissions organized because the form will allow you to input name, answer necessary questions about employment (like whether you're over 18 and reside within North America - where it's not an unholy tax burden to pay you), etcetera.

Posting the link to the site will hopefully not be considered spam, because writers need to know the offer is legit!

www . humanswers . net

Thanks all,

Last edited by Humanswers; 12-31-2011 at 08:42 AM..

WritersBeat.com > The Billboard > Writing Markets