WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

A Writer's Epitaph

Old 03-29-2013, 04:45 PM
Swamp Thing (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 4
Default A Writer's Epitaph

I always amount creativity to what has inspired and influenced our lives. No one truly can be creative without the spark of another's creativity. That is my own philosophy and belief. I have been writing since I was a small child, I have always been fond of tales and stories in any form and always have been the exploring type. Though I made a realization as of late. I was not a child who grew up with Disney. I remember my childhood being littered with my father's old Doctor Who. I watched Tales of the Crypt with my sibling, X-files by myself, Star Trek, etc.

As of late I have been re-watching the X-Files making the stark and frank realization that the X-files has completely shaped my writing lifestyle. Not that I write every one of my novels to be like the X-files. What I mean is certain small details. Like the ability to Heal and Kill with one's touch. Things that appear one way, but are another.

Have you ever made a realization like this in your life? What was your experience? What has influenced your creative spark?

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe