WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat Quarterly > Writer's Beat Quarterly > Issues

Issues Current and past issues of the publication

IN PENCIL | Issue 17 - March 2008

Old 03-04-2008, 01:05 PM
Cordatus (Offline)
Viscount of Vainglorious Deeds
Official Member

Thanks 19
Default IN PENCIL | Issue 17 - March 2008

March, 2008 - Issue 17

IN PENCIL

Download Here

Unfortunately I couldn't upload it here to this post, so please download from the above link at the present time. If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions please post in this thread, or send an e-mail to staff@writersbeat.com.

Thank you, and enjoy reading!

The IN PENCIL Editorial Team

Last edited by Devon; 01-05-2009 at 09:16 AM..
Old 03-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Icarus (Offline)
Out of the Park
Official Member

Thanks 3

We apologize for the slight delay in the publication of this issue. We had a few technical difficulties and then, of course, real life got in the way.

Enjoy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
Old 03-04-2008, 01:28 PM
Cuchulain (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Cuchulain

Wow I'm so stoked that you guys decided to publish my piece. Thank you so much. I've told all my family and friends, they are really excited for me. I really like the way it looks. It's very professional
Old 03-04-2008, 01:30 PM
Icarus (Offline)
Out of the Park
Official Member

Thanks 3

You're very welcome! Tell everyone you know to download it!

|
|
|
Old 03-04-2008, 02:19 PM
kal (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 33

I'm a little confused. Maybe I just missed it, I only scanned it before, weren't there two member's choice pieces this month?
Old 03-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Icarus (Offline)
Out of the Park
Official Member

Thanks 3

There were indeed two winners, however, as I said in the polling thread, Adrian's piece had been accepted in another publication at about the same time it was winning Members' Choice. So we had to go with MisterJack's exclusively.

|
|
|
Old 03-04-2008, 03:21 PM
kal (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 33

Ah I must have missed that. Has he contected the publication? The rights may stay with the author and still be able to go up. It's his choice of course, but not all publications are first rights only.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:30 PM
Icarus (Offline)
Out of the Park
Official Member

Thanks 3

He said he was willing to look in to that if we were in a bind for material, but I decided, though I'd love to have it, there was no need to make things difficult for anyone involved.

|
|
|
Old 03-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Mridula (Offline)
Following Time
Official Member

Thanks 17

It's looking very good! I want to say a ginormous thank you to Cynthia, Taya, and Hakeem, who burned the midnight oil and other nocturnal substances to get this issue together.

Bravo!

Old 03-05-2008, 12:51 AM
josiehenley (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing
Official Member

Thanks 3

It looks great! Love the embroidered cover. Thanks for putting in my publication news. :-)

Old 03-05-2008, 01:11 AM
Tau (Offline)
Solemn Simulacrum

Thanks 682

Another good issue, thanks all of you for your hard work.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:02 AM
Q Wands (Offline)
a Ghaidhealtachd chridhe

Thanks 452

Thanks, folks! FYI, the cover is actually a painting done on silk; we thought the texture was marvellous.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:23 AM
Q Wands (Offline)
a Ghaidhealtachd chridhe

Thanks 452
Default Apologies to ES Hazelwood

I would like to extend my sincere apologies to ES Hazelwood for an error in the article, How to Create a World.

Page 22, first column, last paragraph, second line from the bottom should read: the real test is if it is believable.

No excuses, just a -faced QoW.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:26 AM
Jimbo (Offline)
Eloquent Troll
Official Member

Thanks 2

Well, that's a jolly strange feeling...seeing one's name in print.

I could get used to this. (I hope I get the chance to)

Excellent stuff, In Pencil team.

Thanks.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Tau (Offline)
Solemn Simulacrum

Thanks 682

There was a radio program the other day talking about copyright and its origin, quit a coincident I think.

Any way I know I said it already but good work. A round of cookies for all. Oh and this as well

Last edited by Tau; 03-06-2008 at 02:01 PM..
Old 03-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Q Wands (Offline)
a Ghaidhealtachd chridhe

Thanks 452

Originally Posted by Tau Worlock View Post
There was a radio program the other day talking about copyright and its origin, quit a coincident I think.

Really? I just checked, out of curiosity, and I last modified my piece on the 21st of February, so it was written before then. Hmm. Most interesting. Hope the BBC aren't hacking into my (ancient) computer. Heehee.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:49 PM
Tau (Offline)
Solemn Simulacrum

Thanks 682

I dont think so, it mentioned some of the thing you had, but not all and also had some things you did not have. I believe it was part of a series on varies thing, if only i could remember.

Old 03-06-2008, 03:28 PM
Q Wands (Offline)
a Ghaidhealtachd chridhe

Thanks 452

Was it Radio 4? Sounds like their sort of thing. I could always check the website. It would be interesting to hear. (And maybe it will be one of the Listen Again programmes. )

Old 03-06-2008, 03:35 PM
Tau (Offline)
Solemn Simulacrum

Thanks 682

Yes it was bbc radio 4, it’s the main station I listen to, it was more then a week ago, so I don’t think it will be on listen again. But that’s a point I will go and have a look.

Old 03-06-2008, 05:22 PM
o'connell (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

I agree with Jimbo a jolly strange feeling indeed.

Thanks for publishing my piece.

The issue looks great.

The time and effort you put in really shows, thanks
Old 03-07-2008, 12:28 AM
Cordatus (Offline)
Viscount of Vainglorious Deeds
Official Member

Thanks 19

You're welcome!

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat Quarterly > Writer's Beat Quarterly > Issues