Board Games Get it? "Board" games.

Newbie Mafia - Interest thread

Old 07-17-2011, 12:41 PM
Why-So-Serious? (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 0
Default Newbie Mafia - Interest thread

Was just wondering whether or not a forum Mafia has ever been hosted here. In case you're wondering what the heck is Mafia, it's a game of logic, pressure, making judgements and sounding innocent.

It is a small battle between an informed minority and an uninformed majority. Players are secretly assigned roles: either "mafia", who know each other; or "townspeople", who know only the number of mafia amongst them. In the game's "night" phase the mafia covertly 'murder' a townsperson. During the day phase, all of the surviving players debate the identities of the mafia and vote to eliminate a suspect. Play continues until all of the mafia have been eliminated, or until the mafia outnumber the townspeople. A typical game for newbies starts with seven townspeople and two mafiosi. Of course, these two are just the most basic roles of the game. There are about a lot more, but we'll keep it to a short standard for starters.

For a simplified version, read this flash guide for absolute foolproof instructions. I'd like to host one, but I'd prefer public opinions on whether it would generate sufficient interest. If yes, I'll post a sign up thread with rules and general whatnot, and link you to guides to get started with. Also, if any of you dab hands exist out there, it would be nice to have you as ICs.

This game involves PMing.

Thoughts?

Why is a Raven like a writing desk, by the way?

Last edited by Why-So-Serious?; 07-17-2011 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: Global Economic cutdown
Old 07-17-2011, 12:54 PM
Why-So-Serious? (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 0

I might have forgotten to mention that the game is closed communication: No editing your posts, no discussing with others in the game outside the thread unless your role specifically allowed you to.

Why is a Raven like a writing desk, by the way?

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe > Board Games