WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat Quarterly > Members' Choice

Members' Choice Nothing like peer recognition! Nominate and vote on the work of fellow members.

Members Choice nominations June 16th - September 15th

Old 06-19-2012, 04:56 AM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 703
Default Members Choice nominations June 16th - September 15th

The new period for nominating your favourite pieces posted by fellow members is now open!

Remember, you can only nominate pieces with an original posting date that lies between June 16th and September 15th.

If you read a piece that you want to nominate, post a link to it in this thread. Naming the piece and mentioning who wrote it. Don't forget to tell the writer you nominated his/her work.

Have fun reading.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by luckyme; 08-15-2012 at 05:27 AM..
Old 06-24-2012, 02:25 AM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 703

Let me be the first one to nominate a piece for this round of MC

Be On My Side by Nick Pierce

The Following User Says Thank You to luckyme For This Useful Post:
Grace Gabriel (06-24-2012)
Old 06-24-2012, 08:05 AM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 794

Came here to vote the same, but Lucky beat me to it.

Be On My Side - Nick Pearce.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:06 AM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 703

Ha, but the voting commences later on, after nominations close.
Remember to vote for it then!

Old 06-24-2012, 08:33 AM
Andy Mitchell (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Thanks 119

Real Possibilities -by Waterpoor's
Old 06-26-2012, 11:54 PM
Rooster Smith (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing
Official Member

Thanks 212

Yeah Nick's poem was good. That bit about, when the fever ends ...

Real cool.

Got a question. Can I nominate a piece that's more than one thread long?
Check out my blog:
Old 06-27-2012, 02:03 AM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 703

Of course you could nominate as much pieces as you like, but remember that in the end there will we a vote and only one piece can win.
So nominating all 15 parts of a whole story, posted in as many threads, has little sense, since only one of those can win the vote and be published.

I would suggest to nominate the first part and if that should win MC, the other parts will be found by those who want to read the whole work.

Rooster Smith (06-28-2012)
Old 06-27-2012, 11:49 AM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 794

Family Room - Simplywords.

(Lucky, could you be kind enough to add the link for me...thankyou)

Edit:
one link inserted

Last edited by luckyme; 06-27-2012 at 12:32 PM.. Reason: the link should direct to the post now.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:37 AM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 703

From Beefheart Seventh Day Adventists

Gave me a chuckle.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:52 AM
KBR (Offline)

Thanks 636

She by Ink

http://www.writersbeat.com/showthread.php?t=38958
The Following User Says Thank You to KBR For This Useful Post:
Ink (07-02-2012)
Old 07-02-2012, 07:26 AM
Ink (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 150

Next !

By Ethan Blake
Ethan Blake (07-07-2012)
Old 07-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Rooster Smith (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 212

I'd like to nominate "12 stormy Hours" by Pheonix Lazarus. I'm nominating the conclusion. Here's a link.

http://www.writersbeat.com/showthread.php?t=39113

The reason I went with the conclusion is, I felt people would still be taken on a crazy journy, with two different twists, and they could always go back and read the rest if you guys linked it.

Where if I nominated the first part, I feel some readers may get bored with it and not get the big pay off. Although, not nearly as much.

I think you could read only the conclusion and still get the pay off.

Why this piece? Pheonix is an extreamly good story teller. He understands story structure. And the world that this guy writes in is really well thought out.
Check out my blog:
Old 07-04-2012, 02:54 AM
KBR (Offline)

Thanks 636

Phantom Shag by maidahl

This is an exquisite piece.

http://www.writersbeat.com/showthread.php?t=39217
Old 07-04-2012, 05:09 AM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 703

The Lie-In by RedLorry

Old 07-11-2012, 02:58 AM
Nadja

I nominate 'Lone Tree Blues' by bicyclingfish

http://www.writersbeat.com/showthread.php?t=39271
Old 07-11-2012, 03:48 AM
peadar (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 29

Ethan Blake: The Forgotten.
Nice piece.
http://forums.writersbeat.com/showthread.php?t=39418
The Following User Says Thank You to peadar For This Useful Post:
Ethan Blake (08-04-2012)
Old 07-22-2012, 04:04 AM
Ink (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 150

A Bakery Piece by WilliamS
Old 08-01-2012, 01:09 AM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 703

Arrested Development by Nadja

Old 08-06-2012, 09:53 PM
Rooster Smith (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 212

Gotta nominate Pheonix Lazarus' "Helpful Harry's Five."

It's the best thing I've ever read here on Writersbeat, and that's saying something.

http://www.writersbeat.com/showthread.php?t=39800
Check out my blog:
Old 08-15-2012, 05:24 AM
NickTrano (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 16
Send a message via Skype™ to NickTrano
Default The Ferriers

The Ferriers by bmj851
Old 08-25-2012, 12:13 AM
Rooster Smith (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 212

http://www.writersbeat.com/showthread.php?t=37956

Asragi. JP Inkswell. Really good piece of flash fiction. Cavemen setting. well written.
Check out my blog:
Old 09-01-2012, 10:43 PM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 703

Dead Parrot Society by Tor

Old 09-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Rooster Smith (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 212

http://www.writersbeat.com/showthread.php?t=40674

Gotta also nominate "Didn't I kill you?" by Boy Howdy ...

Great piece, featuring two really great characters. It's a twisted tale, packed with drama. Really fun read.
Check out my blog:
Old 09-16-2012, 11:58 AM
Rooster Smith (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 212

September 16th right? Voting start soon?
Check out my blog:

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat Quarterly > Members' Choice