WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table

The Intellectual Table Discussions on political topics, social issues, current affairs, etc.

An explaniton of the Writersbeat shut down.

Old 01-06-2017, 07:04 AM
wrc (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 229
Default An explaniton of the Writersbeat shut down.

An explaniton of the Writersbeat shut down.

I love reading mysteries. I hate living mysteries.

Hereís a few facts I think we can all agree on. The WB website disappeared for an unknown time. When it returned it operated differently since the format was changed. The link to go to current posts is gone. The Edit function for posts is hard to find.

Those that run WB are stonewalling all information about what happened. Are they hiding something? Whatís going on?

When informational facts are not provided the mind opens the door to the imagination to explain reality. Waiting for actual facts is actually boring. Once a mind flees from facts anything is possible.

Hereís what my imagination generated.

Putinís cyber pirates identified Writer Beat as a hotbed of provocateurs questioning Trumps sanity. Putin contacted his surrogate, Thump, ordering him to close WB. Trump swung into action and contacted the owners of Writer Beat, via Twitter, to cease and desist all negative comments about his state of his mind. Failure to do so would result in being sued, as well as pay a fine for every negative comment. The owners complied and shut the site down. Then some of moderators pushed back. This caused the owners to put the site back in service. Putin and Trump agreed with this, but insisted that the new site should difficult to use. The owners dug up the original beta design used when WB was first launched and brought the site back online.

Now, before my friends and foes here jump all over me to prove it, letís agree that without factual information all suppositions have the same value. I have presented my supposition explaining the recent shut down of WB. If you have a better one, letís hear it.

Thanks for reading this. wrc

You're not dead 'til you're dead and when you are you won't know it. So, keep on writing and having fun.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:49 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 130

Get a witch doctor to perform a ritual to put some life back into its spirit. Simple solution.

There were many (wolves in sheep clothing) who were hoping for the moment of a writersbeat's collapse to occur. Somewhere in internet land, champagne glasses are being hoisted.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:57 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 130

It reminds me of the Beatle's "Blackbird" ... You were only waiting for this moment to arrive.

That's the explanition.
Old 01-06-2017, 09:32 AM
flyingtart (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 141

My guess is all the bad spelling made the internet implode.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:02 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 130

Coming from the pen of a guy so obsessed with "facts," go figure.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:14 AM
wrc (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 229

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
Coming from the pen of a guy so obsessed with "facts," go figure.
Hi, Cityboy. All I've ever been saying is that people who spout BS need to be challenged to support that BS with facts. I'm am obsessed with spreading critical thinking skills, ie, facts.

Every human able to communicate can spout any BS they want. Even me. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Nice to know you survived the Putin/Trump closure of WB. wrc

You're not dead 'til you're dead and when you are you won't know it. So, keep on writing and having fun.
Old 01-06-2017, 02:09 PM
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 687

Originally Posted by cg admin View Post
Hi JP, there is an issue with the image/attachment server (since Dec 15th). The technician is waiting on a hardware part that should be here on the 3rd. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-07-2017, 06:02 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 130

BS. You wouldn't recognize the truth if it slapped you across the face--twice.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:08 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 130

Critical thinking. You need a good dictionary before you step forward. I don't have any interest in what you're talking about. How can anybody? You have "lazy" tendencies.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:18 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 130

Facts.

Anyone who reads Lecomte du Nuoy's books realizes that what he says is true, that a man of science without imagination is not a true scientist. He must be able to formulate an hypothesis, or he is only a tabulator of facts. He must have the divine imagination and power of visualization to step out of his supposition and prove it; so, also, must we be able to leap the gap from facts which are known to those facts which are yet dimly discerned.

So, there you have it; what you are is merely a "tabulator of facts."

The above cannot be bullshit. It came from the mind of a scientist who saw the light.

A true scientist needs vision. He or she needs to be able to ask the hard questions and then dig with their hands for answers. Otherwise, the person isn't a scientist but merely someone who is milking the system for a paycheck or from fear.

Last edited by Cityboy; 01-07-2017 at 06:23 AM..
Old 01-07-2017, 06:11 PM
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 687

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
Facts.

Anyone who reads Lecomte du Nuoy's books realizes that what he says is true, that a man of science without imagination is not a true scientist. He must be able to formulate an hypothesis, or he is only a tabulator of facts. He must have the divine imagination and power of visualization to step out of his supposition and prove it; so, also, must we be able to leap the gap from facts which are known to those facts which are yet dimly discerned.

So, there you have it; what you are is merely a "tabulator of facts."

The above cannot be bullshit. It came from the mind of a scientist who saw the light.

A true scientist needs vision. He or she needs to be able to ask the hard questions and then dig with their hands for answers. Otherwise, the person isn't a scientist but merely someone who is milking the system for a paycheck or from fear.

In the science community this is well known. It's only us outside the community who have this idea that scientists are rigid machines. Academia by in large might be fairly rigid but good scientists are creatives, and great ones are artists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-08-2017, 04:18 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 130

And the best ones have two opened eyes and a mind that questions: "How can this be?"
Old 01-08-2017, 09:20 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 130

Would you trust an Iranian scientist for a truthful evaluation? A man who is keeping in line to keep himself breathing. And what about the many "luxury lovers" of the West--men and women who are afraid to go against the current for fear of being ridiculed and losing the keys to their Mercedes.

Last edited by Cityboy; 01-08-2017 at 09:24 AM..

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table