WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing

Free Writing Plot bunnies, random musings, etc. No one-liners.

Plotline for drama novel

Old 02-19-2012, 05:32 PM
Hysteria (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0
Default Plotline for drama novel

Ok, For my first novel.

A 16 year old homosexual brazilian boy named Kyne and his family of his father, David and his two older brothers, Chaz and Erico go through trying times while living in the ghetto of baltimore, Michigan.

The story picks up the night before school where he is in the room he shares with his two older brothers and he has his ipod on and earbuds in his ears listening to bleeding love by leona lewis while laying in his bed until his brother Chaz comes in and snatch the earbuds out of his ears and tells him to shutup and go to sleep. Kyne isn't all that mad about it because atleast this time Chaz didnt throw them out of the window or just take them like hes done the other times.

Chapter 1 will be out soon!

Last edited by Hysteria; 02-19-2012 at 05:56 PM..
Old 02-19-2012, 09:06 PM
Deuces (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
Official Member

Thanks 0

This is garbage to be honest.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Hysteria (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0

Originally Posted by Deuces View Post
This is garbage to be honest.
Be nice, haha.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:16 PM
Deuces (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
Official Member

Thanks 0

Originally Posted by Hysteria View Post
Be nice, haha.
I was being honest. No hard feelings.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:20 PM
Hysteria (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0

Originally Posted by Deuces View Post
I was being honest. No hard feelings.
None at all, All opinions are welcomed.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:51 AM
Louis (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 20

Ok. But you say plotline. Is this a coming of age story? I see there's tension and conflict between the brothers which is a good start. Is this a character story? You have the first chapter thrashed out but where r you headed with it? Are we going to experience his rejection and acceptance? Will his brother make his life miserable? Need to know lol ..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-24-2012, 03:38 AM
AnyaKimlun (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 1,456

This is an introduction rather than a plot outline and it is difficult to tell from this what it will become or how it will turn into a novel.

The first paragraph introducing the family is confusing. I'm guessing it is:

A 16 year old homosexual brazilian boy named Kyne with family (His father, David, and his two older brothers Chaz and Enrico) go through trying times while living in the ghetto of baltimore, Michigan.

For a few moments I though Chaz and Enrico were half his father's family and half brothers.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:33 PM
heysamsays (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 17

I don't know whether you're the kind of writer who prefers to start writing with absolutely no idea where the story is heading, but I find that if I start like that I usually end up not knowing what to write next and begin on yet another beginning. Even if you don't want to plan meticulously, having a vague idea of some major plot points can really help - it gives you something to be writing towards. When I have an idea in my head I usually focus first on the characters (which I think you've done, too) and then I really 'get to know' them, figure them out until I know almost every little detail. Of course I don't, and I get to know them as I write, but through getting to know my characters I find that the outline of a plot forms.

What matters most to you in this story? Why are you writing about these people? What are you trying to say? What will make their lives hell and heaven and at which do you want to end? Ask yourself a million questions about your idea and it will really help - you may get a chapter 1 from this idea (and it could be a marvellous chapter 1), but other than that there isn't much else to go on.

Good luck, will look forward to reading it.

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing