WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table

The Intellectual Table Discussions on political topics, social issues, current affairs, etc.

celebrities?

Old 07-03-2018, 03:41 PM
Nacia (Offline)
Resident Ghost
Official Member

Thanks 908
Icon3 celebrities?

do you they have a role in society?
or do you have one you follow on social media?

it reminds us
it is expensive a fine
so bear one
in mind

Last edited by Nacia; 07-03-2018 at 11:08 PM..
Old 07-05-2018, 12:38 PM
Beesauce (Offline)
Word Wizard

Thanks 68

Every individual has a role to play in society and you should not follow any one of them.

Celebrities are not above or below society and to even ask if a celebrity has a role in society is like asking if your child has a role in society -- of course every person has a role to play for someone else and that's part of what life is --

This question is biased, not racist, but a question in which both parties would have to agree that a caste system should deem an individuals role towards the other people they should interact with --

The problem is inward, and we can now argue if a celebrity should think they are above or below society --

What's your role in society Nacia? Does anyone follow you on social media? Does this make you feel like you are playing a role in society?
Nacia (07-05-2018)
Old 07-05-2018, 01:04 PM
Nacia (Offline)
Resident Ghost
Official Member

Thanks 908

Originally Posted by Beesauce View Post
Every individual has a role to play in society and you should not follow any one of them.

Celebrities are not above or below society and to even ask if a celebrity has a role in society is like asking if your child has a role in society -- of course every person has a role to play for someone else and that's part of what life is --

This question is biased, not racist, but a question in which both parties would have to agree that a caste system should deem an individuals role towards the other people they should interact with --

The problem is inward, and we can now argue if a celebrity should think they are above or below society --

What's your role in society Nacia? Does anyone follow you on social media? Does this make you feel like you are playing a role in society?
hello Beesauce I think we are a society of celebrities we cannot get away from it.
It is everywhere you look and apparently they are supposed to be role models to generations to come.
My question is a celebrity worth the title?
Because at the end of the day if such power is not put to use then what is the point?
One has to act accordingly and therefore they have to justify their popularity and if they don't then the whole idea of being famous does not add up.

You ask about my role in society well I am an observer and if I am not a celebrity then my role is to question things that I feel needs questioning.

And No I do not follow anyone on social media I do not have time for that.
I hope that answers your question
it reminds us
it is expensive a fine
so bear one
in mind
Old 07-07-2018, 11:26 AM
Beesauce (Offline)
Word Wizard

Thanks 68
Default Role Models

I emphasize in bold what I'm commenting on specifically:
Originally Posted by Nacia View Post
hello Beesauce I think we are a society of celebrities we cannot get away from it.
It is everywhere you look and apparently they are supposed to be role models to generations to come.
My question is a celebrity worth the title?
Because at the end of the day if such power is not put to use then what is the point?
One has to act accordingly and therefore they have to justify their popularity and if they don't then the whole idea of being famous does not add up.

You ask about my role in society well I am an observer and if I am not a celebrity then my role is to question things that I feel needs questioning.

And No I do not follow anyone on social media I do not have time for that.
I hope that answers your question

Yes. We are a large society of mini-celebs. especially with total complete mass surveillance over every single micro-keystroke you make and even delete; you won't believe me, but you Nacia will be in your own right, right here on the WB, Internet famous for being and commenting in the Wbeat village.

I am sad that society (and you) happen to have come to the conclusion that somehow being a celebrity makes you an automatic role model for the rest of time, as if a celebrity is somehow not allowed the rights to act human (i.e. making mistakes in the comfort of their own private life)

No, a celebrity does not have privacy like you do Nacia, because your face, avatar, and medical records aren't plastered on the front pages of every grocery stand check out line.

Celebrities in the world that you are wishing to uphold is like asking a person to be angelic at all times. Otherwise, why is the celebrity famous?

Why should anyone have to justify being talented? Why does anyone who is talented have to try to always be perfect?

The problem is that no one can be perfect all the time.

Nacia, how would you like to be famous? Do you think you would be a good role model for the years to come?

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table