WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > The Billboard > Writing Markets

Writing Markets Calls for submissions, paying and non-paying markets.

MMC Kinostat seeks writers for script rewrites

Old 11-03-2006, 03:48 PM
hiro (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default MMC Kinostat seeks writers for script rewrites

We're looking for writers who can help punch up scripts short-listed for production by our consulting clients. Specifically, we want people who know what changes to make to maximize box office gross for scripts that are already in reasonably solid shape.

To locate the best candidates, we are selecting people who have a talent for estimating the US box-office gross of films slated for impending release, whom we pay for written evaluations of scripts short-listed for production by our partners. We then select the most promising among that group to help re-write the scripts full time.

We're presently seeking four additional people for full-time work, and we generally retain about 40 script evaluators (who simply analyze scripts), part-time. If you wish to learn more or participate, please visit www.kinostat.com. Thank you for your time.

Old 11-06-2006, 03:39 AM
Jay (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran
Loyal Member

Thanks 23

Thank you for your interest in evaluating scripts through the MMC Film & New Media Groups' Kinostat program. Below you can learn more about the program and how to participate.

Our challenge:

Identifying which film scripts will yield maximum box-office returns is a difficult business, requiring not only knowledge of genre, plot dynamic and characterization, but also an intimate familiarity with popular culture and cultural trends.

You do not need to consult on $2 billion of film productions yearly to realize that often the people who invest in or produce films are not the right people to decide which scripts to produce.

Therefore, we are seeking individuals who can contribute to the investment decisions of our film investment group and its partners by estimating the profit potential of film scripts short-listed for production by our partners.

How it works:

To identify these individuals, the Kinostat program uses as a benchmark the ability to estimate the US gross of major-studio films.

Biweekly, we e-mail participants a short list of major-studio films slated for release, along with relevant synopses, trailers, and cast information. Based on these data and related factors (whether it is a sequel in a franchise, is derived from a popular book, the locale, the US box office gross for similar films (available here) and so forth), participants respond with what they estimate each film will gross at the US box office.

After each film closes we send back the actual box office gross for that film, together with the participant's estimated return, the average estimate provided, our own computer-aided estimate, and the individual's rank among participants both for that film and cumulatively.

Evaluator selection

Approximately every 8 weeks we select about 40 of the most successful participants to help estimate potential box-office returns for scripts currently under consideration by our partners. Successful candidates will have the option to evaluate between three and five scripts per week.

Evaluators will be compensated up to $250 per script, depending upon the evaluator's experience and the level of feedback requested, ranging from a short standardized form to a close written analysis. Evaluations generally take from 1.5 to 2 hours each. Evaluators need not live in the United States, but must speak fluent English.

Full-time positions can occasionally be offered to individuals exhibiting exceptional analytical and writing abilities. These positions require relocation to Los Angeles, New York, or Hong Kong.

Participate:

If you decide to participate, please submit your e-mail address below, and we will e-mail you the next set of films scheduled for imminent release when available, and regularly thereafter. You may opt out at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the e-mail. Your address will remain strictly confidential, as per our Privacy Policy.

Good luck, and we hope you enjoy participating.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:47 AM
kurio (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

Hi,
I would like to participate but i don't know if it is still open. If it is, this is my email address: knightcurio@yahoo.co.uk
looking forward to hear from you.

Kurio
Old 12-29-2006, 07:08 AM
hiro (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

Originally Posted by kurio View Post
Hi,
I would like to participate but i don't know if it is still open. If it is, this is my email address: knightcurio@yahoo.co.uk
looking forward to hear from you.

Kurio
Yes, registration is still open. You can sign up by visiting kinostat and selecting 'Register'. (Apparently, I cannot type the full URL until I have posted 8 times, but it is the obvious one ending in com). If you have any difficulties, please contact me on this thread or at admin[AT]kinostat.

WritersBeat.com > The Billboard > Writing Markets