WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Publishing

Publishing Ask and post advice about the publishing process. Discuss new media and options.

Children's Authors Should Publish on Apple

Old 06-13-2012, 08:00 PM
indmoss (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Default Children's Authors Should Publish on Apple

One thing that my first children's book has taught me is to never assume.

I spent a lot of time on the Kindle and Nook Version of the e-book version. I published to the Apple store because it was part of a package I used; Smashword's "Meat Grinder" if you are familiar with that site.

The Apple Version of the e-book is my best selling version. Many parents use the I-Pad to teach their kids, or to entertain them. It is nothing for a mom or dad to download a quick $.99 book that has some cool looking cover art and hand the the device over.

Just something for authors looking at the children's market to think about.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:45 AM
Allya (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 22

Hmmm I have friends in this market that will find this information valuable. Thanks for sharing!
Old 06-21-2012, 07:32 PM
kindleheart (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Icon7 Right!

Originally Posted by indmoss View Post
One thing that my first children's book has taught me is to never assume.

I spent a lot of time on the Kindle and Nook Version of the e-book version. I published to the Apple store because it was part of a package I used; Smashword's "Meat Grinder" if you are familiar with that site.

The Apple Version of the e-book is my best selling version. Many parents use the I-Pad to teach their kids, or to entertain them. It is nothing for a mom or dad to download a quick $.99 book that has some cool looking cover art and hand the the device over.

Just something for authors looking at the children's market to think about.
You got a point, @indmoss. Once upon a time (five years ago), e-books for children came on shiny CD-ROMs that cost $40, plus a few dollars for sales tax. Today’s children’s e-books cost just that sales tax. All you need is a $500 iPad. IPad has proven an intuitive, interactive learning tool for children.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:49 PM
Christiana (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default Great!

That's great to hear. My publisher will be submitting my e book to apple in a few weeks (the print edition is currently being converted). I wasn't sure how well apple did in sales, but this is uplifting! Thanks for the info!

WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Publishing