WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Publishing

Publishing Ask and post advice about the publishing process. Discuss new media and options.

How to Sell Your Book to Libraries

Old 06-20-2012, 08:59 AM
bookworm77 (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0
Default How to Sell Your Book to Libraries

If you want to try selling to libraries, you might find this article helpful: "How to Sell Your Book to Libraries"

I didnít know about the ALA Authors for Libraries program mentioned.

Iíve had some moderate success with libraries. Most librarians are cordial and do respond to emails.

Anyway, wish you all the best!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:01 PM
kindleheart (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

GReat points. With all of the talk of struggles within the book world, from bookstores closing to declining coverage in print sources, libraries have been managed to adapt, update and continue recreating themselves to stay strong and ahead of the curve. For this reason, marketing your work to libraries is a logical step in making your titles sell and be read by many.

Libraries can be a very specific market to sell to, but they are consistently the best customers for publisher because of their ability to stay successful and their dedication to keeping books and other reference and educational material current, abundant and available.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:20 PM
Lin

WHY would you want to sell books to libraries?
Old 06-27-2012, 08:22 AM
kirispupis (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 10

It depends on your market. For my childrens book on insects, the text was specifically designed for 2nd and 3rd grade curricula. For this particular book, libraries are my largest potential customer.

I plan to nevertheless publish it soft cover on CreateSpace, which means libraries won't bother with it, but at some point if I want the book to be successful I will need to publish + market it in a way that appeal to libraries. For now I am using the book not for sales but instead to learn more about self publishing.

WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Publishing