WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

The best piece you lost and the best piece you have ever written

Old 01-26-2012, 07:17 AM
Juilingstar177 (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 94
Default The best piece you lost and the best piece you have ever written

I lost my best piece....

the real climax of the unobstructable road poem...

That virtually made at least my soul cry when I reread it. It was the far best poetry piece I ever created. Now I cry I lost it...

Also, I lost a whole collection of poems which I wrote when I was in 6th or 7th... then I did not create computerized manuscripts. It had my first poem, the golden lake of east.

Second to it, maybe the best piece I ever written and it is still present... is different stories.

(it's my opinion. In different stories, I express my thousands thoughts I never did before)

Old 01-26-2012, 07:58 AM
Gaines (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 871

The best piece I lost was a girl named Inga. She was Scandanavian and a real hottie. I think of her often.

I haven't written my best piece yet. I am building up to it or not.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:02 PM
Kazeshini (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 19

Originally Posted by Gaines View Post
The best piece I lost was a girl named Inga. She was Scandanavian and a real hottie. I think of her often.
HAHAHA! My brain went in the exact same direction when I read the subject of this thread.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:30 PM
fleamailman (Online)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 4,065

("...I live a few posts away from my own oblivion..." replied the goblin, knowing that what really upset him most was not when he lost a text, but actually when he lost its matching picture, something that happened at times, saying "...when it's perfect it's as if you other picture will do...", and thinking upon the other part of the question, the goblin had no clear favorite, but many of his posts he liked, while most others he felt were still in need of editing)
Old 03-21-2018, 04:56 PM
Palindrome (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

Thanks 24

I lost two. The best short-short story {flash fiction hadn't been invented yet; that's how old I am) was in Grade 12 and I'm pretty sure my teacher kept it, since it was not in the folder I got back at the end of the year.

The best satire, I lost in the move to this house. Pity, because it would have made a good addition to our next collection. I may try to recall it.

The best novel, I started in 1982, abandoned and resurrected several times. I still have the outline, setting and character cards and first four chapters, but the bugger is just too big to write.
Old 03-26-2018, 02:00 PM
Beesauce (Offline)
Word Wizard

Thanks 69

Originally Posted by Juilingstar177 View Post
I lost my best piece....

the real climax of the unobstructable road poem...

That virtually made at least my soul cry when I reread it. It was the far best poetry piece I ever created. Now I cry I lost it...

Also, I lost a whole collection of poems which I wrote when I was in 6th or 7th... then I did not create computerized manuscripts. It had my first poem, the golden lake of east.

Second to it, maybe the best piece I ever written and it is still present... is different stories.

(it's my opinion. In different stories, I express my thousands thoughts I never did before)
so sad when this happens, but perhaps if you conjure up the memory of the poem, you could write an ode to the poems you lost, and perhaps the juices of writing about the loss of the poem will conjure up something similar enough that you'd not feel as sad and you'd have something new..

easier said than done. i've lost so much over the years before i became a serious writer. I guess my first book was back in 4th grade, and then another 9th grade but lost lost, oh the tragedy of a parent who thinks the papers were trash. Precious stuff what is handwritten.

Handwriting is preferable when it comes to travel and spontaneous inspiration, but organization, doubles, and backups are key to secure work.
Old 03-27-2018, 11:40 AM
spshane (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member

Thanks 73

I've always had a backwards taste profile, so it's hard for me to say. The pieces that I've written that I am really proud of are the ones that others shrug at, "not my thing." Sometimes, I'll write something that I'm almost embarrassed to share because it's so bad and other people will really like it. It perplexes me, because I honestly won't like it and I'm left thinking "That? You like that?"

I lost a fantasy novella that went into great detail--language, culture, tools, customs, foods, drinks, etc.
The best thing I wrote? Not sure.

Last edited by spshane; 03-27-2018 at 11:45 AM..

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe