WritersBeat.com
 

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing

Free Writing Plot bunnies, random musings, etc. No one-liners.


Does the Soul Exist?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-08-2018, 06:40 PM
Lingard (Offline)
Typist
Official Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Nowra, Australia
Posts: 63
Thanks: 8
Thanks 11
Default Does the Soul Exist?


Does the Soul exist?

The soul is generally thought of as being separate from the body. Residing in the body, but not part of the body, as it were. There are people who believe the soul and the body are in some way inter-connected or inter-woven. These people are insane.

The reason that we can’t see the soul is that it is magic. We can, however, conject that it is made of an ethereal substance so far unknown to science. It is about two to three inches long and comes in a variety of colours. The soul lives forever. (We can, in fact, conject almost anything we like. That is the great beauty of science.)

If you cut the soul in half you will end up with two souls. This is a scientific fact. And if something is a scientific fact, then you can’t argue with it, can you? This makes it even more of a scientific fact. It is, then, very much a scientific fact. (This is known as the scientific method.)

The scientific method for examining souls is well-established and well-documented, thus providing a robust platform from which to prove that the soul exists. But only insofar as it conforms to the known scientific principles under which it has been described. (Only a scientist would understand this.)

Now, anything which cannot be proven to be real may not be real – but it could be. (Two possibilities.) But anything that can be proven to be real is, by definition, real. (Only one possibility.) And referring back to the well-documented axiom that a soul cut in half equals two souls, we see that this actually doubles our chances of the soul existing. It is easy now to see that the two possibilities in statement one are now cancelled out because there are two souls. This leaves us with only one possibility (because we cannot have two identical souls, one of which exists where the other doesn’t). Therefore the soul is real. And having established this under strict scientific protocols, we can be left in no doubt as to the veracity of this statement. It must be remembered that our procedures are very well-established, with a high degree of governance, internal and external reviews, quality controls and ongoing peer-supervision.

The soul has had a number of songs written about it. “Poor Soul”, by Johnny Vortex and the Deltoids; “Soul Destroyer”, by Nancy Heart-attack; and “Soul-Eyes”, by the ISIS boys’ choir. This is further proof that the souls exists – for why would anyone write a song about something that does not exist? They wouldn’t. Would they? No, they wouldn’t. So, there it is.

And another thing: if the soul didn’t exist, why would I be writing about it? How could I be conceptualising something that not only doesn’t exist but, by a very interesting process of analysis, extrapolation and inversion, can be shown to have never existed? Yes, well. If you were a scientist like me you would understand much more betterer.

And, so, the soul exists.

In the next chapter I will be exploring the age-old conundrum of why cats can’t live under water for more than a few minutes.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-08-2018, 09:09 PM
Prodigalson's Avatar
Prodigalson (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Humboldt Co., CA
Posts: 2,329
Thanks: 263
Thanks 492
Default

The science is not in on the absolute realness of those things proven to be real. Pluto, for example. I grew up knowing that Pluto was a real planet, welcome at solar system barbecues and showing up in all those planetary family pictures, but then we were told it had been black-balled, that it wasn't a real planet at all but had rode in on the coat-tails of that drunken Uncle Ed.

What a disappointment! Now I don't know what is real.
__________________
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-09-2018, 02:03 AM
Nick Pierce's Avatar
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 7,489
Thanks: 2,095
Thanks 1,379
Default

Originally Posted by Lingard View Post
Does the Soul exist?

The soul is generally thought of as being separate from the body. Residing in the body, but not part of the body, as it were. There are people who believe the soul and the body are in some way inter-connected or inter-woven. These people are insane.

The reason that we can’t see the soul is that it is magic. We can, however, conject that it is made of an ethereal substance so far unknown to science. It is about two to three inches long and comes in a variety of colours. The soul lives forever. (We can, in fact, conject almost anything we like. That is the great beauty of science.)

If you cut the soul in half you will end up with two souls. This is a scientific fact. And if something is a scientific fact, then you can’t argue with it, can you? This makes it even more of a scientific fact. It is, then, very much a scientific fact. (This is known as the scientific method.)

The scientific method for examining souls is well-established and well-documented, thus providing a robust platform from which to prove that the soul exists. But only insofar as it conforms to the known scientific principles under which it has been described. (Only a scientist would understand this.)

Now, anything which cannot be proven to be real may not be real – but it could be. (Two possibilities.) But anything that can be proven to be real is, by definition, real. (Only one possibility.) And referring back to the well-documented axiom that a soul cut in half equals two souls, we see that this actually doubles our chances of the soul existing. It is easy now to see that the two possibilities in statement one are now cancelled out because there are two souls. This leaves us with only one possibility (because we cannot have two identical souls, one of which exists where the other doesn’t). Therefore the soul is real. And having established this under strict scientific protocols, we can be left in no doubt as to the veracity of this statement. It must be remembered that our procedures are very well-established, with a high degree of governance, internal and external reviews, quality controls and ongoing peer-supervision.

The soul has had a number of songs written about it. “Poor Soul”, by Johnny Vortex and the Deltoids; “Soul Destroyer”, by Nancy Heart-attack; and “Soul-Eyes”, by the ISIS boys’ choir. This is further proof that the souls exists – for why would anyone write a song about something that does not exist? They wouldn’t. Would they? No, they wouldn’t. So, there it is.

And another thing: if the soul didn’t exist, why would I be writing about it? How could I be conceptualising something that not only doesn’t exist but, by a very interesting process of analysis, extrapolation and inversion, can be shown to have never existed? Yes, well. If you were a scientist like me you would understand much more betterer.

And, so, the soul exists.

In the next chapter I will be exploring the age-old conundrum of why cats can’t live under water for more than a few minutes.

I suspect they can live underwater indefinitely but keep up the current ruse so that fish do not develop a more efficient form of self defense.

The forgoing comment about fish does exclude the species known as Piranha.
__________________
Through the smoke and fog there comes a form ... shape shifting ... could this be the Future?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-09-2018, 06:41 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Online)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,330
Thanks: 432
Thanks 1,190
Default

The soul actually DOES exist, just not in the way most believe. It’s not individual.

Here, I’ll explain:

If all us humans were playing a football game (we are playing a game), then the soul is the stadium.

Your human (body) “apparatus” is a tool to channel the infinite. It does sometimes, but most of us don’t see it.

The few who do are called geniuses. The rest play the game without realizing what’s going on.

I suggest meditation. But not the silly hypnotism most yoga bitches call meditation, the real stuff. No repeating “words” or creative visualizations. The real stuff.

You do it everyday, but mostly don’t realize it.

That’s the tricky part... you have to realize you’re already doing it.

When the “watcher” and the “watched” become one thing, you’ve got it.

I won’t repeat this info again because beesauce and the NSA are probably watching. They don’t want you to know this stuff. They also don’t want you smoking weed or DMT—creates free thinkers—bad, bad, bad.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-09-2018, 08:39 PM
Lingard (Offline)
Typist
Official Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Nowra, Australia
Posts: 63
Thanks: 8
Thanks 11
Default

The Bhagavad Gita implies that the soul is sub-atomic in size and resides in the heart region. I tend to like that idea. But the whole point of the piece was nothing at all to do with the soul, really. It was a crack at 'science' and an attempt at a different sort of humour. I just have fun writing nonsensical shit at times.
Cheers.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-09-2018, 09:24 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Online)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,330
Thanks: 432
Thanks 1,190
Default

Yeah, I got that. It was funny. Just thought I’d clear up the matter.

Didn’t mean to ruin the joke; just thought people should know the reality. Ha ha...

Reality...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-10-2018, 02:30 AM
Nick Pierce's Avatar
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 7,489
Thanks: 2,095
Thanks 1,379
Default

Originally Posted by Nick Pierce View Post
I suspect they can live underwater indefinitely but keep up the current ruse so that fish do not develop a more efficient form of self defense.

The forgoing comment about fish does exclude the species known as Piranha.


And about Sharks - cats never encounter them because cats don't get in salt water. It makes their fur cakey and they don't like that.
__________________
Through the smoke and fog there comes a form ... shape shifting ... could this be the Future?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-10-2018, 01:16 PM
Prodigalson's Avatar
Prodigalson (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Humboldt Co., CA
Posts: 2,329
Thanks: 263
Thanks 492
Default

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
Reality...
There you go with your faith-based superstitions again. Everyone knows that science says there is no reality...
__________________
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-10-2018, 01:27 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Online)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,330
Thanks: 432
Thanks 1,190
Default Does the Soul Exist?

Originally Posted by Prodigalson View Post
There you go with your faith-based superstitions again. Everyone knows that science says there is no reality...


Only the post-modernists say there’s no reality. And they’re all comminiss sympathizers. Social justice warrior bitches.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-18-2018, 02:56 PM
spshane (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 280
Thanks: 45
Thanks 73
Default

A good friend of mine, who's so much weirder than me--the older I get the more I like being around people who are so weird they make me look normal--is a martial arts instructor. Personally, I find martial arts instructors weird from the start, because they can get overly nuanced about what's second nature to most people. For example, if you really needed to beat the shit out of someone with a stick, I think I you could figure it out intuitively, but it turns out that there's a right and a wrong way to beat the shit out of someone with a stick (you can actually fuck it up). You don't want to try to beat the shit out of someone with a stick who's better at beating the shit out of people with a stick than you are. In that case, you just buy a gun. But I digress. Sometimes, we smoke weed together, because I have enough health issues that doctor's don't even argue with me anymore about rather or not it's "medical". Anyway, we were smoking weed one time and he gets really chatty when he's high. Went on talking all this shit about the ancient samurai. Turns out that the reason why the Japanese used to stab themselves below the navel when committing harikari is that they believed that's where the soul "lives". It's Western society that started the notion that the soul has something to do with the heart (probably because that's where Jesus lives). The Japanese were fairly certain that the soul lived somewhere between the navel and the pubic bone (around your center of gravity). But I don't think the Japanese actually believed that they were "killing" the soul; it was more like they were setting it free. I knew this fucked up Catholic baker one time who always drew a cross on her soda bread to release the evil spirits. I guess they don't like it when you eat them.


The real question is what happens to the soul once it slips through the two-inch incision that you made with your sword. Does it swirl around in space or seep into the bellies of pregnant women? Does it end up in a Faraday Box? Maybe

Last edited by spshane; 05-18-2018 at 03:00 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-19-2018, 08:47 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,679
Thanks: 32
Thanks 185
Default

What the Bleep Do We (K)now!?

Discovering The Endless Possibilities For Altering Your Reality

Excellent book with insight into science, religion, and energy (soul, spirit, etc.). Reading it with an open mind will be an enjoyable experience. The soul is energy; and, even a hardcore, God-hating, materialistic-minded scientist will admit (when nobody is around to hear him) that energy is transformed and never dies.

"A deeply spiritual work that takes for granted that most people are hungry to break out of the sleep-walking existence of our consumer culture ... dares to treat people as smart and deeply curious rather than dumb and deeply cynical." Dallas Morning News

"Puts a positive spin on the jolt to the intuition that is quantum physics, and suggests that a man's fate could be an enlightened paradigm ... very powerful." Seattle Post

"A [work] about quantum physics, spirituality -- and the meaning of life ... It's full of head-scratchers and the kind of talk I'm not used to hearing from scientists and other academics ... attempts to answer existential conundrums such as: What is God? What are emotions? What is the soul? And the ever-popular why are we here?" The Chicago Sun-Times

We aren't here just to line up outside a store to purchase the latest electronic device. Or to push a shopping cart around a crowded Wal-Mart, as many sleep-walkers would like us all to believe.

Last edited by Cityboy; 05-19-2018 at 09:04 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-19-2018, 10:28 AM
Vince (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 216
Thanks: 3
Thanks 39
Default

the proff that souo exists is easy - two words - James Brown - he is gone but soul lives on
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-19-2018, 02:49 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Online)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,330
Thanks: 432
Thanks 1,190
Default

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
What the Bleep Do We (K)now!?

Discovering The Endless Possibilities For Altering Your Reality

Excellent book with insight into science, religion, and energy (soul, spirit, etc.). Reading it with an open mind will be an enjoyable experience. The soul is energy; and, even a hardcore, God-hating, materialistic-minded scientist will admit (when nobody is around to hear him) that energy is transformed and never dies.

"A deeply spiritual work that takes for granted that most people are hungry to break out of the sleep-walking existence of our consumer culture ... dares to treat people as smart and deeply curious rather than dumb and deeply cynical." Dallas Morning News

"Puts a positive spin on the jolt to the intuition that is quantum physics, and suggests that a man's fate could be an enlightened paradigm ... very powerful." Seattle Post

"A [work] about quantum physics, spirituality -- and the meaning of life ... It's full of head-scratchers and the kind of talk I'm not used to hearing from scientists and other academics ... attempts to answer existential conundrums such as: What is God? What are emotions? What is the soul? And the ever-popular why are we here?" The Chicago Sun-Times

We aren't here just to line up outside a store to purchase the latest electronic device. Or to push a shopping cart around a crowded Wal-Mart, as many sleep-walkers would like us all to believe.


There’s a book called Quantum Physics For Babies. You should read that. The movie you reference has been debunked by smart people. The whole connection to spiritualism is wishful fantasy made by people who didn’t understand the science at all.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-20-2018, 12:16 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,679
Thanks: 32
Thanks 185
Default

If your mother or father told you they saw an apparition of their mother or father, you wouldn't believe them because you have programmed yourself to disbelieve "under all circumstances." What would be the point of trying to explain something to someone who's mind is sealed "air-tight." That's where you are coming from. "Debunk" is the first and only word you'll let enter your lightless cellar. I fully understand.

Last edited by Cityboy; 05-20-2018 at 12:27 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-20-2018, 12:29 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,679
Thanks: 32
Thanks 185
Default

Smart people? That's a joke. Smart people like you who refuse not only to turn the stone but to look at it.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-20-2018, 07:27 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Online)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,330
Thanks: 432
Thanks 1,190
Default

I would not believe my mother or fathers accounts that they saw a ghost. I would however believe directly seeing one myself. I would also believe in in Jesus if he floated down onto the Whitehouse lawn and did something like made all the bombs disappear, or took a few hundred bullets from the secret service.

I would also believe in UFO’s if one landed in Central Park and unloaded a few aliens who talked to people, etc.

Look, it may be true that ghosts/spirits are real in some way. Also Jesus. Also UFO’s. But I don’t see why we should have to have “faith” in any of these things when (if they are real) it would be really easy for them to prove it. Definitively. It would take almost no effort to dazzle the hell out of us humans.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-21-2018, 07:09 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,679
Thanks: 32
Thanks 185
Default

You wouldn't even believe yourself. Probably schedule an eye examination. Imagine discovering you've been living a "lie" all these years. Hard to swallow. But, it's your life and you do what you want (Eric Burdon).
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-21-2018, 10:09 AM
Prodigalson's Avatar
Prodigalson (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Humboldt Co., CA
Posts: 2,329
Thanks: 263
Thanks 492
Default

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
" What would be the point of trying to explain something to someone who's mind is sealed "air-tight."
And indeed that is the sentiment of many who try to explain their position to one who is so convinced of their rightness that they will not allow the expression of even the slightest variation of their beliefs.

Here we have one person saying, "Show me the money," and another saying, "No, you must go shopping on my word that my check is good."

Sensible people wait for the check to clear, then go shopping.
__________________
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-21-2018, 07:06 PM
Lingard (Offline)
Typist
Official Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Nowra, Australia
Posts: 63
Thanks: 8
Thanks 11
Default

When I was a kid and sitting in a classroom with twenty other kids, I didn't know that it was temporary or that there was a whole bigger world out there waiting for me. I thought the classroom was the whole world. Now that I'm sixty two and don't go to school anymore, It seems my current external environment is the whole world. My car, my wife, my son, my job, my interests, my hobbies, my country, the government, the economy, my health, my 'future'. But, really, I know I'm still in a classroom.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-22-2018, 07:32 AM
Beesauce (Offline)
Word Wizard
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Phomerica
Posts: 536
Thanks: 142
Thanks 69
Default byehi

Brianpatrick said this isn't a threat:
The soul actually DOES exist, just not in the way most believe. It’s not individual.

Here, I’ll explain:

If all us humans were playing a football game (we are playing a game), then the soul is the stadium.

Your human (body) “apparatus” is a tool to channel the infinite. It does sometimes, but most of us don’t see it.

The few who do are called geniuses. The rest play the game without realizing what’s going on.

I suggest meditation. But not the silly hypnotism most yoga bitches call meditation, the real stuff. No repeating “words” or creative visualizations. The real stuff.

You do it everyday, but mostly don’t realize it.

That’s the tricky part... you have to realize you’re already doing it.

When the “watcher” and the “watched” become one thing, you’ve got it.

I won’t repeat this info again because beesauce and the NSA are probably watching. They don’t want you to know this stuff. They also don’t want you smoking weed or DMT—creates free thinkers—bad, bad, bad.

I'll be here reading like a. NSAwho? "They"what? duck! Ghost!--

There's too many lies and charlatans to really convince those who don't want to believe. Fine. And then there are those who have experienced strange occurrences... Math and ghosts?

QP, Quantum physics... I know someone who does that kind of math and he was the one who convinced me that ghosts and poltergeists are ...still needing.. more accurate info -- I know nothing-- but

SpShanes ninja is (most likely) correct in the soul-navel, that's .,.
__________________
i didnt do it, except
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-22-2018, 07:42 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,679
Thanks: 32
Thanks 185
Default

Sensible people. Smart people -- just who are they and what are their motives. Those are the first questions to ask!

You can't get any more intelligent than the following two who aren't a mystery.

"Everything in life is a vibration." -- Albert Einstein

"If you want the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency, and vibration." -- Nikola Tesla

______________

With some help. I'll explain:

Science is now understanding how all creation vibrates: matter vibrates, sound vibrates, light vibrates. Our human instrument is designed to be receptive and interactive within all realms of vibration.

Hence the densest matter or slowest vibration is the physical expression of consciousness.

Let me include my own personal experience with spirit and vibration. At a time in my life when my chakras were opened and pulsated whenever I meditated, I would experience energy flowing from the base of my spine upwards. Then, I had gotten to a point in which I would merely lie on my bed, close my eyes, and relax before my body vibrated at such a high frequency that it the entire bed felt as though giants were shaking it. What was taking place (unknown to me then) is that my spirit was exiting my physical body. The spiritual or astral plane vibrates at a much higher frequency than our physical world; therefore; it is unseen to us.

For instances, the blades of a fan are easily seen when the dial is on "slow." But, turn the dial to "fast," and although the blades are impossible to see, they are still there. This is what Tesla had in mind when he mentioned the "secrets of the universe" and frequency and vibrations.

I hope my explanation is clear. All it takes is practice to discover these simple truths for oneself. Enough practice through meditation and experimentation will produce results with supernatural forces.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-22-2018, 07:47 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,679
Thanks: 32
Thanks 185
Default

If you want to have a serious discussion fine, but if you want to joke about it because you lack the understanding, that's fine too. You are only restricting your own human experience. And, I guess you're fine with that too. The bottom line is that we make our own choices -- steer our own ships.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-22-2018, 07:51 AM
Beesauce (Offline)
Word Wizard
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Phomerica
Posts: 536
Thanks: 142
Thanks 69
Default

when a true loved one dies-- you wonder why you may get sick to your stomach? -- trust me, i've had a lot of experience with my loved ones oh... recently--- oh..-- i should not be --

bp, youre lucky, but someone you know will die later soon, and when they do... your comfort? They're gone and don't come back right?

we're living in a social construct where we were built to argue and fight about this subject.

Warlords really don't want anyone to know their nightmares are ghosts -- that's -- i know what happens when someone feels like they were responsible for someones death -- they dream about those dead people -- almost nightly -- are they ghosts visiting the killers in their dreams? Or is that just guilt? Is guilt really just a ghost hanging around punching you in the gut? These are the questions of the greatest mysteries --

And that's right-- someone doesn't want you to think about the possibility of reality as it is only a mystery to those who don't wish to consider the "silly"..
__________________
i didnt do it, except
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-22-2018, 08:38 AM
Prodigalson's Avatar
Prodigalson (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Humboldt Co., CA
Posts: 2,329
Thanks: 263
Thanks 492
Default

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post

"Everything in life is a vibration." -- Albert Einstein

"If you want the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency, and vibration." -- Nikola Tesla
So far nothing about ghosts.



Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
With some help. I'll explain:
I'll listen.

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
Science is now understanding how all creation vibrates: matter vibrates, sound vibrates, light vibrates. Our human instrument is designed to be receptive and interactive within all realms of vibration.
Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
Hence the densest matter or slowest vibration is the physical expression of consciousness.
Now, that just doesn't make sense. Our consciousness is a black hole? The radio? I'm not trying to be funny. I'm just having a hard time understanding that based on what I've read about the density of matter and the frequency of vibrations within the electro-magnetic field.

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
Let me include my own personal experience with spirit and vibration. At a time in my life when my chakras were opened and pulsated whenever I meditated, I would experience energy flowing from the base of my spine upwards. Then, I had gotten to a point in which I would merely lie on my bed, close my eyes, and relax before my body vibrated at such a high frequency that it the entire bed felt as though giants were shaking it. What was taking place (unknown to me then) is that my spirit was exiting my physical body. The spiritual or astral plane vibrates at a much higher frequency than our physical world; therefore; it is unseen to us.
I don't know what you were experiencing, but no wavelength of the electro-magnetic spectrum will shake a bed. If they were inclined to, it would seem that the higher frequencies would produce a progressively smoother effect until, at the ultra-high frequencies, the effect would be unnoticeable.

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
For instances, the blades of a fan are easily seen when the dial is on "slow." But, turn the dial to "fast," and although the blades are impossible to see, they are still there. This is what Tesla had in mind when he mentioned the "secrets of the universe" and frequency and vibrations.
Which is somewhat in line with what I said above, so maybe we're getting closer to a meeting of the minds..

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
I hope my explanation is clear. All it takes is practice to discover these simple truths for oneself. Enough practice through meditation and experimentation will produce results with supernatural forces.
But you said we could prove it with science.

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
If you want to have a serious discussion fine, but if you want to joke about it because you lack the understanding, that's fine too. You are only restricting your own human experience. And, I guess you're fine with that too. The bottom line is that we make our own choices -- steer our own ships.
I'm not joking, and I feel you're being condescending. Or, if I am, maybe it's because I'm way ahead of you.

Whatever.
__________________
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-22-2018, 08:35 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Online)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,330
Thanks: 432
Thanks 1,190
Default Does the Soul Exist?

Originally Posted by Beesauce View Post
when a true loved one dies-- you wonder why you may get sick to your stomach? -- trust me, i've had a lot of experience with my loved ones oh... recently--- oh..-- i should not be --

bp, youre lucky, but someone you know will die later soon, and when they do... your comfort? They're gone and don't come back right?

we're living in a social construct where we were built to argue and fight about this subject.

Warlords really don't want anyone to know their nightmares are ghosts -- that's -- i know what happens when someone feels like they were responsible for someones death -- they dream about those dead people -- almost nightly -- are they ghosts visiting the killers in their dreams? Or is that just guilt? Is guilt really just a ghost hanging around punching you in the gut? These are the questions of the greatest mysteries --

And that's right-- someone doesn't want you to think about the possibility of reality as it is only a mystery to those who don't wish to consider the "silly"..


I had five sisters, now I have four. The youngest died three years ago. When I was 6yrs old I held her infant body in my arms. They brought her home and let me hold her first. She was so beautiful. She had these huge eyes and full lips. You know how some babies are kind of ugly? She wasn’t. She was perfect.

I’m fifty now, so I’ve had at least a dozen good friends die on me. They passed into the collective vibration and disappeared.

All these live on through me, but they no longer exist in a physical way. Sure, they live one through others in a different way, but they are gone.

I see no value in pretending that the personal life force lives on in any physical way. Who cares?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-23-2018, 02:03 AM
anna (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 221
Thanks: 153
Thanks 136
Default

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
I had five sisters, now I have four. The youngest died three years ago. When I was 6yrs old I held her infant body in my arms. They brought her home and let me hold her first. She was so beautiful. She had these huge eyes and full lips. You know how some babies are kind of ugly? She wasn’t. She was perfect.

I’m fifty now, so I’ve had at least a dozen good friends die on me. They passed into the collective vibration and disappeared.

All these live on through me, but they no longer exist in a physical way. Sure, they live one through others in a different way, but they are gone.

I see no value in pretending that the personal life force lives on in any physical way. Who cares?
I had more siblings now I have less. I scooped up her dying body in my arms, we escaped together to play, she had things to do, places to be, she pops back occasionally, the odd moment, glad to have felt her free.

Last edited by anna; 06-17-2018 at 03:09 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-23-2018, 02:10 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,679
Thanks: 32
Thanks 185
Default

Why doesn't it make sense? Einstein and Tesla (two of the brightest minds of the 29th Century) are telling us that everything is a vibration. Are you ahead of them too?

The bed shook only because my body was violently shaking (vibrating) and I happened to be lying on it. Have you ever experienced an OBE, Ed? If you have you will understand what I am talking about. As I previously stated, it all comes down to belief. I could turn over notebook after notebook of documented supernatural experiences to you, and all it will do for you is leaving you scratching your head wondering if these things could possibly be true (and that is your right -- be skeptical but not closed-minded). On the other hand, in my case, I don't have to wonder or I don't have to be concerned how others feel about what I experienced because these incidents are now memories of mine -- I traveled down the path. I'm not in the business of proving "proof" for anything. You keep believing how you do -- that's your business and fine with me.

I have a family, a good one, a truthful one, and an honest one who believe as I do and who have experienced as I have experienced.

""It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." -- C.W.I

By the way, I see you are another one of those types who like to pick and choose. I've explained to you that I am clairaudient (I have heard voices of the departed and still do). I'm surprised you didn't call me a nut or tell me to visit a psychiatrist because you yourself have never heard voices -- but, in truth, there are millions like me).

Put in your own legwork (IF you're willing). There's so much out there beyond the senses. Fortunately, I have experienced a little of what's behind the veil. And, it doesn't matter who believes or not. I'm just hoping to reach young and inquisitive minds. So, they don't close themselves off from an amazing dimension.

You want proof? You'll have to do your own homework and draw your own conclusions. When you do that, it will be a job well done whatever it is that you decide upon. But, if you give yourself the chance, I promise you'll be asking a different set of questions.


Oh well, I got my writing practice for the day.

Last edited by Cityboy; 05-23-2018 at 02:14 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-24-2018, 09:16 AM
Prodigalson's Avatar
Prodigalson (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Humboldt Co., CA
Posts: 2,329
Thanks: 263
Thanks 492
Default

As a matter of fact, CB, I have died and come back, but there was no shaking around or vibrating. I just watched myself die, became one with the Universe (no long tunnel, no bright light, no line of deceased relatives and friends all waiting to greet me), then came back because I could see, when you're facing unlimited eons of one-is-all, all-is-one, there comes a point you just have to get drunk and shotgun a TV, and Earth is the only place to do that.

There was nothing special or dramatic about it. I went; I saw; I came back.

The main thing I came back with was a sense of complete and utter, total serenity, but that didn't last long, and I became an opinionated asshole for the next twenty years or so, only mellowing out when I got cancer and had two years flat on my back to think about things.

So yeah -- I'm not just speculating, but even having been there, I'm still looking for an explanation for what I experienced.

I've been through enough strange shit to know that what we think is real may not be, and our memories and senses aren't as infallible as we'd like.

So I ask questions, and I question answers, and I hope to get more from my discourse than dismissal and contempt.

But what it all comes down to is, if it's real we'll know for sure when we die, right? So why waste a lot of time here and now searching for answers we know we'll have when we die?

And if it's not real, why waste time on it at all?

Life is short, and it's different than anything we may experience as free energy dispersed throughout the Universe. It's a unique experience, and I try not to waste too much of it worrying about something I'll be going back to much too soon, anyway, assuming that it's real.

If it's not real, I definitely don't want to waste any time on it.
__________________
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Risan:Soul Toucher Virtue Fiction 7 05-14-2014 05:33 AM
Bassists Got No Soul, Act Four (1,211 Words) RabbitInTheSuit Fiction 3 05-07-2011 11:48 PM
Challenge #44: The Soul Doctor Alex Moon Prompts & Challenges 3 07-23-2010 03:23 PM
Science and the Soul AnyOneYouKnow Non-Fiction 3 02-05-2009 07:23 PM
Windows to the Soul lanaia74 Poetry 1 05-09-2007 07:25 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:12 PM.

vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.