WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Poetry > Nine and Sixty Ways Poetry Tools and Lessons

Nine and Sixty Ways Poetry Tools and Lessons Poetry Tools and Lessons on the Beat. Your first stop for learning and help with poetic technique.

Welcome to Nine and Sixty Ways

Old 08-31-2008, 08:14 AM
HoiLei (Offline)
Draw, o coward!

Thanks 481
Default Welcome to Nine and Sixty Ways

Welcome to the Nine and Sixty Ways poetry sub-forum. The name comes from a Rudyard Kipling poem called "In the Neolithic Age" (italics his):

Here's my wisdom for your use, as I learned it when the moose
__And the reindeer roamed where Paris roars to-night:-
"There are nine and sixty ways of constructing tribal lays,
__"And-every-single-one-of-them-is-right!"

In this space, we'll learn about the many different ways of writing poetry. On a regular basis a new Lessons, Guides or Mini-lessons will introduce a different idea related to poetic form and writing such as rhyme scheme, different meter, various techniques and anything else relevant. Questions and comments about the lesson can be posted as replies to the appropriate thread.

Guides and Lessons cover larger topics to help embers to understand and use poetic writing.
Mini-lessons are smaller more specific topics that showcase one idea. Members are encouraged to try their hand at these.

Lastly you can come here if you have question on specific aspects of Poetry that you need help with or are having trouble with poetic techniques.

Our resident Poetry Mentor is Lon Palmer who will oversee this form.

If you have any comments or suggestions, please feel free to contact the staff or reply in this thread. Your input is always appreciated.

-------------------
Where copyrighted material is used for demonstration in these lessons, it is allowable under the Doctrine of Fair Use. Found in Title 17 Section 107 of US copyright law, this states that copyrighted material may be reproduced without permission for the sake of commenting, teaching, or scholarship (among other things).

Last edited by Tau; 04-05-2015 at 06:31 AM.. Reason: Add Fair Use notice.
The Following User Says Thank You to HoiLei For This Useful Post:
Ewen Morrison (01-24-2015)

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Poetry > Nine and Sixty Ways Poetry Tools and Lessons