WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > The Notice Board

The Notice Board All site related announcements will be here.

Pimp my Read

Old 02-01-2013, 12:07 PM
Redlorry

Default Pimp my Read

Pimp my Read
Some of you may have noticed our regular feature ‘Members’ News’ was missing from issue 36 of the Writer’s Beat Quarterly. Sadly no one came forward to share their news about recent accomplishments, despite many of you posting good news on the boards.

Therefore, taking our lead from your suggestions in ‘Members’ Feedback’ we’re making a few changes. We want our magazine to celebrate the work of our members in all ways possible. We want to publish your work, share your success stories and, from issue 37, we want to help promote your books that are already out there in the marketplace.

So, for every quarterly going forward we’ll post an invitation, as follows for issue 37, not just for members to tell us about any recent achievements and their writing-related good news, but we’ll also invite members to promote their published books.

Members’ News
This is the place to share details of any pieces you have in recent or forthcoming magazines or anthology publications, tell us about acceptances, or if you’ve signed with an agent or publisher etc… In a nutshell, any good news linked to your writing.

The Bookshop
This is our brand new section. It’s where you can promote your own books, whatever the format, whatever they cost, self-published or otherwise and no matter how long they’ve been out.

Our guidelines are as follows:
  • Members can can only promote one book per issue
  • Only members who are the credited author will be allowed to promote their book
  • Anthologies can only be promoted by the credited publisher, collator or creator.
  • Entries will be selected on a first come first served basis:
    • priority will be given to those who didn’t promote a book in the previous issue
    • priority will be given to regular, contributing members of the forum.
  • If accepted to promote a book in two consecutive issues, members must promote a different book each time.
  • Members will need to apply for each new issue of the WBQ; the editors will not run a waiting list. Members will be advised if they are included as soon as possible.
  • The number of books promoted may vary between issues and will be restricted to space availability in the magazine.
  • The editors reserve the right to remove book promotions for any members who receive a warning or ban between acceptance and publication.
  • The editor’s decision is final.
Your invitations
Members’ News - To contribute to WBQ issue 37, PM Redlorry with details of your news, including: the name of your piece, your pen or published name (if appropriate) and if you’re happy to link it to your forum name, a relevant link if applicable and any other details appropriate.

The Bookshop - To promote your book in WBQ issue 37, PM Redlorry with all the details: title and author and if you’rehappy to link it to your forum name, a one paragraph (max 100 words) blurb on what it’s about and where to buy it (up to three links allowed). Information about the cost of your book can be included within the blurb, but remember we are an international forum and publication.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:33 PM
Continous (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 2
Send a message via Skype™ to Continous

What is the preferred format for the books? Are they required to be sent or uploaded to a service. Do they have certain prerequisites besides being existent and submitted to be able to be accepted?

Read my works
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Old 05-10-2013, 06:44 PM
Firefly (Offline)
I'm The Crazy One

Thanks 721

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. The book as a whole isn't submitted . . . just the information of it is--like where to purchase it. This is pretty much to have like an "ad" for your book in an issue of the Quarterly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:12 PM
Continous (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 2

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
I'm not quite sure what you're asking. The book as a whole isn't submitted . . . just the information of it is--like where to purchase it. This is pretty much to have like an "ad" for your book in an issue of the Quarterly.
Yeah does it have any like no 18+ and similar things.

Read my works
!
Old 05-10-2013, 10:51 PM
Redlorry

The title of this thread 'Pimp my Read' has nothing to do with 18+ material. It is a tongue in cheek title to encourage members to come and read the thread.

We're inviting any of our members who've got books published to send us details about the book so we can promote it (or 'pimp' it) for them in our quarterly magazine.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:17 PM
Continous (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 2

Originally Posted by Redlorry View Post
The title of this thread 'Pimp my Read' has nothing to do with 18+ material. It is a tongue in cheek title to encourage members to come and read the thread.

We're inviting any of our members who've got books published to send us details about the book so we can promote it (or 'pimp' it) for them in our quarterly magazine.

This cleared things up for me.

Read my works
!
Old 10-22-2013, 05:01 AM
Talkeetna (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 24

This is a great opportunity! Thanks
Old 06-10-2016, 04:56 PM
VinceField (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks for the info!