WritersBeat.com
 

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > The Notice Board

The Notice Board All site related announcements will be here.


The Intellectual Table will be closed Starting Sunday, June 29, 2014

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 07-08-2014, 07:52 AM
JoeMatt (Offline)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 6,395
Thanks: 441
Thanks 1,526
Default


So they feel intimated even though that's not the intent of the other posters. OK.

I don't know how you avoid that other than asking people to refrain from offering their opinions or from discussing the topic with people who are like-minded. Maybe the person who's in the minority just needs to buck up a bit and try not to take things so personally.

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoeMatt For This Useful Post:
JustcallmeEd (07-08-2014), rockman (07-08-2014)
  #32  
Old 07-08-2014, 08:56 AM
FutureFootball (Offline)
Noteworthy
Official Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 293
Thanks: 83
Thanks 44
Default

Originally Posted by JoeMatt View Post
..
And another thing -- if more than one person disagrees with you, that doesn't automatically mean people are ganging up on you. Seems like some people have hard time making that distinction.
I think everyone on here as the ability to make the distinction.

I hardly ever frequented the political forum for a long while now, but as an outside viewer, it didn't look so good.
__________________
Author of:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.
My Good reads Page:Connect with me on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Follow me on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-08-2014, 09:17 AM
rockman (Offline)
Official Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: north of south, or vice versa
Posts: 438
Thanks: 36
Thanks 87
Default

we had a political forum? ..
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-08-2014, 09:33 AM
JustcallmeEd (Offline)
Official Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Humboldt Co., California
Posts: 4,797
Thanks: 370
Thanks 697
Default

Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
The gang up thing feels like that when one is listening, watching, reading other's post, uninvolved in the discussion, as I often have been. There can be multiple posters disagreeing with one individual, add the thanks button that goes on between those agreeing and perhaps it feels to the unpopular view incredibly outnumbered and intimidated. Intimidation really shouldn't be apart of debate either whether deliberate or otherwise. I've always thought debate to be facts, facts, facts sprinkled with very little opinion, perhaps more a view.
Methinks you've got skin a tad too tender for this world, Pandora. Thinking back on when I've been called part of a posse and been accused of 'ganging up' on someone, the 'gang' consisted of two or three members who responded in similar ways to absurd statements. When the original poster resorted to personal attacks, he was called on it.

This is not 'ganging up'. It's what a person should expect when they act stupid in public. And it's not having the 'unpopular view' that brings it on. I've presented several unpopular views and never felt 'incredibly outnumbered and intimidated'. When several people have responded negatively to another member's post it has usually been because that other member has made claims they cannot back up and then resorted to personal slurs.

So, all you grannies go back to your knitting but, shh! No talking.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JustcallmeEd For This Useful Post:
Franklin (07-08-2014)
  #35  
Old 07-08-2014, 09:58 AM
CandraH's Avatar
CandraH (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 3,524
Thanks: 197
Thanks 507
Default

Originally Posted by JoeMatt View Post
Heh. I've got a story or two I'm going to post at some point. A read from you is always appreciated, if you happen to stop by.
Okay, but only since you asked so nicely!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-08-2014, 10:42 AM
Franklin's Avatar
Franklin (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing
Official Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Valley of the Daughter of the Stars
Posts: 1,164
Thanks: 797
Thanks 314
Default

[QUOTE=JustcallmeEd;664987]Methinks you've got skin a tad too tender for this world, Pandora. Thinking back on when I've been called part of a posse and been accused of 'ganging up' on someone, the 'gang' consisted of two or three members who responded in similar ways to absurd statements. When the original poster resorted to personal attacks, he was called on it.

This is not 'ganging up'. It's what a person should expect when they act stupid in public. And it's not having the 'unpopular view' that brings it on. I've presented several unpopular views and never felt 'incredibly outnumbered and intimidated'. When several people have responded negatively to another member's post it has usually been because that other member has made claims they cannot back up and then resorted to personal slurs.

So, all you grannies go back to your knitting but, shh! No talking.[/QUOTE]

Wondering... What's the difference in now commenting here on the IT shutdown and previously commenting on the now defunct IT section? What is the horrible situation that could not be tolerated or even whispered about? Words are such dangerous weapons; forbid them! Oh, BTW, Joe Matt, congratulations on becoming such a model WB citizen and toeing the line. I never cared that much for vanilla, but to each...
__________________
apagewriter.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-08-2014, 10:53 AM
JoeMatt (Offline)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 6,395
Thanks: 441
Thanks 1,526
Default

Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
Oh, BTW, Joe Matt, congratulations on becoming such a model WB citizen and toeing the line. I never cared that much for vanilla, but to each...
I don't think you've been looking around much.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-08-2014, 11:21 AM
Franklin's Avatar
Franklin (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing
Official Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Valley of the Daughter of the Stars
Posts: 1,164
Thanks: 797
Thanks 314
Default

Originally Posted by JoeMatt View Post
I don't think you've been looking around much.
Oh, don't take my comments as a personal attack, Joe. Mainly commenting on the general taming of the shrew. We must have order as perceived by the chosen few, regardless of their qualifications. But then, I have no investment here, so I'm not out a penny. I just don't have sense enough to quit pulling the string. I have been looking around and reading and trying to make sense of nonsense. Just another asshole with an opinion. A great asset is not giving a damn about things that make no sense. Life will go on.
__________________
apagewriter.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-08-2014, 12:15 PM
JoeMatt (Offline)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 6,395
Thanks: 441
Thanks 1,526
Default

Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
Oh, don't take my comments as a personal attack, Joe.
I know, Franklin. Besides, I don't even take personal attacks as personal attacks.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 07-08-2014, 12:39 PM
Franklin's Avatar
Franklin (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing
Official Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Valley of the Daughter of the Stars
Posts: 1,164
Thanks: 797
Thanks 314
Default

Originally Posted by JoeMatt View Post
I know, Franklin. Besides, I don't even take personal attacks as personal attacks.
Very clever. And PC. Oil on the waters. Aw, screw this. Meaningless.
__________________
apagewriter.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 07-08-2014, 12:46 PM
Pandora's Avatar
Pandora (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 825
Thanks: 220
Thanks 261
Default

Originally Posted by JustcallmeEd View Post
Methinks you've got skin a tad too tender for this world, Pandora. Thinking back on when I've been called part of a posse and been accused of 'ganging up' on someone, the 'gang' consisted of two or three members who responded in similar ways to absurd statements. When the original poster resorted to personal attacks, he was called on it.

This is not 'ganging up'. It's what a person should expect when they act stupid in public. And it's not having the 'unpopular view' that brings it on. I've presented several unpopular views and never felt 'incredibly outnumbered and intimidated'. When several people have responded negatively to another member's post it has usually been because that other member has made claims they cannot back up and then resorted to personal slurs.

So, all you grannies go back to your knitting but, shh! No talking.
Methinks you might forget how things went sometimes.
I'm in this world though . . . True my heart is often on my sleeve, tender hearted is something I choose to be and for a very good reason.
__________________
"now I float away like honey in the sun"
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-08-2014, 01:02 PM
JustcallmeEd (Offline)
Official Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Humboldt Co., California
Posts: 4,797
Thanks: 370
Thanks 697
Default

Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
Methinks you might forget how things went sometimes.
I'm in this world though . . . True my heart is often on my sleeve, tender hearted is something I choose to be and for a very good reason.
Emotions will run high in any spirited discussion, Pandora. Should a person feel personally attacked to where they just can't take it any more, they can simply not respond. Most of what I think are being called personal attacks here are actually responses to the same from the complainer.

When it becomes too much you can either leave or respond [edit](censored censored censored censored censored)

I got an apology and we carried on. We don't like each other but I enjoy some of his writing and when I do, I tell him so.

Last edited by JustcallmeEd; 07-09-2014 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: No carrying an argument over from another thread
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-08-2014, 04:32 PM
Bagit's Avatar
Bagit (Offline)
Dungeon Keeper
Administration
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Atlantis; near the west shores of Zingara
Posts: 5,428
Thanks: 878
Thanks 488
Default

You know, there's good description laced on a few posts here that describe perfectly why the IT was shut down. And not much of the rebuttal gives good reason to open IT again.

Not one apology to staff. Just whining and keyboard pointing at staff. I guess none realize their mistakes in not handling situations that arise like an adult.

And there is a huge distinction between a discussion and an argument. Discussion gets your point across in a peaceful way. Arguing leads to personal insults and character labeling . . . same goes for egging the situation on with useless badgering and pestering.

So please, dry the tears for now and treat everybody with a little respect. Unless you're incapable of doing so . . . and in that case staff will be reading what you have to say, every step of the way.

Edit: And make no mistake about it. I typed 99% of this from a longtime member standpoint.
__________________
Battle is tricky. Sometimes one can only hope that luck strikes favorably. But without effort, luck is sacrificed.
We The People!

Last edited by Bagit; 07-10-2014 at 08:34 PM.. Reason: Sorry for the two F-bombs. Innapropriate when addressing The Notice Board.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-08-2014, 04:55 PM
JoeMatt (Offline)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 6,395
Thanks: 441
Thanks 1,526
Default

*long, slow clap*
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Franklin's Avatar
Franklin (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing
Official Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Valley of the Daughter of the Stars
Posts: 1,164
Thanks: 797
Thanks 314
Default

Originally Posted by JoeMatt View Post
*long, slow clap*
As in gonorrhea?
__________________
apagewriter.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 07-08-2014, 05:36 PM
Franklin's Avatar
Franklin (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing
Official Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Valley of the Daughter of the Stars
Posts: 1,164
Thanks: 797
Thanks 314
Default

Originally Posted by Bagit View Post
You know, there's good description laced on a few posts here that describe perfectly why the IT was shut the fuck down. And not much of the rebuttal gives good reason to open IT again.

Not one apology to staff. Just whining and keyboard pointing at staff. I guess none realize their mistakes in not handling situations that arise like an adult.

And there is a huge distinction between a discussion and an argument. Discussion gets your point across in a peaceful way. Arguing leads to personal insults and character labeling . . . same goes for egging the situation on with useless badgering and pestering.

So please, dry the tears for now and treat everybody with a little fucking respect. Unless you're incapable of doing so . . . and in that case staff will be reading what you have to say, every step of the way.

Edit: And make no mistake about it. I typed 99% of this from a longtime member standpoint.
Bullshit.
Oh, here's that funny emoticon.
I typed 99% of this from a longtime staff member standpoint.

"And there is a huge distinction between a discussion and an argument. Discussion gets your point across in a peaceful way. Arguing leads to personal insults and character labeling . . . same goes for egging the situation on with useless badgering and pestering." [Edited out] But then, that was only expressing an opinion, something not allowed from those who will be watched by staff every step of the way. Ooooooh.

Oh, here's that funny emoticon again:

Power is a terrible thing to waste.
__________________
apagewriter.blogspot.com

Last edited by Whiskers; 07-09-2014 at 01:35 AM.. Reason: Carrying arguments over from another thread.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-08-2014, 05:52 PM
Bagit's Avatar
Bagit (Offline)
Dungeon Keeper
Administration
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Atlantis; near the west shores of Zingara
Posts: 5,428
Thanks: 878
Thanks 488
Default

The only power I wield, Paco, is the ability to respect my fellow forum members. No matter what bull they may throw my way.
__________________
Battle is tricky. Sometimes one can only hope that luck strikes favorably. But without effort, luck is sacrificed.
We The People!

Last edited by Bagit; 07-08-2014 at 06:01 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-08-2014, 06:59 PM
Bagit's Avatar
Bagit (Offline)
Dungeon Keeper
Administration
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Atlantis; near the west shores of Zingara
Posts: 5,428
Thanks: 878
Thanks 488
Default

Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
As in gonorrhea?
Damn . . . if that's your personal diagnosis I suggest you two get checked out by a doctor.
__________________
Battle is tricky. Sometimes one can only hope that luck strikes favorably. But without effort, luck is sacrificed.
We The People!

Last edited by Bagit; 07-08-2014 at 07:03 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 07-08-2014, 08:24 PM
Franklin's Avatar
Franklin (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing
Official Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Valley of the Daughter of the Stars
Posts: 1,164
Thanks: 797
Thanks 314
Default

Originally Posted by Bagit View Post
The only power I wield, Paco, is the ability to respect my fellow forum members. No matter what bull they may throw my way.
Good for you. That's the only power I wield, also. I respect all honest members, those who don't throw bull my way. Check your PM.
__________________
apagewriter.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 07-08-2014, 11:18 PM
PeteMalicki's Avatar
PeteMalicki (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Location: Location
Posts: 1,248
Thanks: 33
Thanks 85
Default

Originally Posted by Mohican View Post
After internal deliberation and consideration by the Writers Beat Staff, the decision has been made to close The Intellectual Table. This decision was driven by several factors, with the primary factor being an inability of a few people to discuss controversial items without personal attacks.
Why was it that 'The Intellectual Table' attracted the biggest idiots?

Pete

PS please don't censor this idiotic response.
PPS I'm only kidding. You guys rock.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Short+Sweet Theatre needs good writers to become
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 07-08-2014, 11:50 PM
rockman (Offline)
Official Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: north of south, or vice versa
Posts: 438
Thanks: 36
Thanks 87
Default

how did i get trapped in this elevator? . . . anyway, i had a theory about this thing, this blowup (and who doesn't?) and i concluded it might be a simple dyslexic mixup of language. "intellectual tables" exchanged for tabling the intellectual (and-or, a spine, on a case-by-case basis). and i kinda got a little angry at that prospect, at least for a second, because i was ready to go to war, but i'm over it now.

Last edited by rockman; 07-09-2014 at 12:29 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 07-09-2014, 01:39 AM
Whiskers's Avatar
Whiskers (Offline)
Picturing the Scene
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Somewhere hardcore
Posts: 2,012
Thanks: 858
Thanks 498
Default

Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
Bullshit.
Oh, here's that funny emoticon.
I typed 99% of this from a longtime staff member standpoint.

"And there is a huge distinction between a discussion and an argument. Discussion gets your point across in a peaceful way. Arguing leads to personal insults and character labeling . . . same goes for egging the situation on with useless badgering and pestering." [Edited out] But then, that was only expressing an opinion, something not allowed from those who will be watched by staff every step of the way. Ooooooh.

Oh, here's that funny emoticon again:

Power is a terrible thing to waste.
Franklin, twice now in this thread you have dragged up arguments from across the board. Stop it, please. The IT room has gone. Move on.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(Website warning: No under 18s (21 in some areas).

Last edited by Whiskers; 07-09-2014 at 02:20 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 07-09-2014, 02:27 AM
JoeMatt (Offline)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 6,395
Thanks: 441
Thanks 1,526
Default

Whiskers, I think you all mostly do a good job at a thankless task, but you might not want to let everyone on staff post without supervision.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 07-09-2014, 03:20 AM
Pandora's Avatar
Pandora (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 825
Thanks: 220
Thanks 261
Default

Originally Posted by JustcallmeEd View Post
Emotions will run high in any spirited discussion, Pandora. Should a person feel personally attacked to where they just can't take it any more, they can simply not respond. Most of what I think are being called personal attacks here are actually responses to the same from the complainer.

When it becomes too much you can either leave or respond [edit]

I got an apology and we carried on. We don't like each other but I enjoy some of his writing and when I do, I tell him so.
Funny stuff we are debating about debate. I enjoy watching a good debate on TV, knowledge runs high, emotions do not run high. That might be more like the Jerry Springer show, when emotion is involved there is trouble. Debate is a learning and sharing experience that is not heated by emotion.

Action reaction, it goes to who threw the first punch, when there should be no punch at all. If the debate forum would have had people following the rules, respectful debate, it would still be here. Kind of proves something went amiss.

Then we have even had posters blaming the mods, really? That's like blaming the homeowner for the fight between two rowdy guests at the party. Unfortunately that has probably been done, probably by said house guests.

I'm out now wouldn't want to get my feelings hurt actually I'm made of steel.
__________________
"now I float away like honey in the sun"
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 07-09-2014, 04:15 AM
JoeMatt (Offline)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 6,395
Thanks: 441
Thanks 1,526
Default

Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
I enjoy watching a good debate on TV, knowledge runs high, emotions do not run high.
Like what "debate" on TV? Crossfire and Hardball etc? The nightly talking head interview shows on CNN and FOX etc.?

Because the emotions absolutely run high on those shows, the arguments are heated, barbs are traded, sarcasm is employed, people interrupt and talk over each other with regularity.

Are there some other debate shows that I'm not seeing?

Last edited by JoeMatt; 07-09-2014 at 04:17 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 07-09-2014, 04:40 AM
Pandora's Avatar
Pandora (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 825
Thanks: 220
Thanks 261
Default

Originally Posted by JoeMatt View Post
Like what "debate" on TV? Crossfire and Hardball etc? The nightly talking head interview shows on CNN and FOX etc.?

Because the emotions absolutely run high on those shows, the arguments are heated, barbs are traded, sarcasm is employed, people interrupt and talk over each other with regularity.

Are there some other debate shows that I'm not seeing?
I have watched Fox news 'debates' more like a discussion really, I would say people seem to remain civil and respectful on those although it's difficult for the guest to often get a word in edgewise, kind of like the gang effect here. I was speaking of 'Team' debate shows I have watched while surfing through cable channels. These are promoted by colleges and high schools. Very interesting to watch. Are you a fan of that kind of debate? like when we were in school? True debate. I belonged to the debate team 40 odd years ago, some things stick with you. It was really a good time.

The criteria of debate, even amongst politicians that we all might have watched in our time, is to be respectful. We know now that was not the case here yes?
__________________
"now I float away like honey in the sun"
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 07-09-2014, 05:00 AM
JoeMatt (Offline)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 6,395
Thanks: 441
Thanks 1,526
Default

Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
I was speaking of 'Team' debate shows I have watched while surfing through cable channels. These are promoted by colleges and high schools. Very interesting to watch. Are you a fan of that kind of debate? like when we were in school? True debate. I belonged to the debate team 40 odd years ago, some things stick with you. It was really a good time.
Those are highly moderated and formatted -- not something you can realistically do on an internet forum -- at least not with the kind of free exchange you had in the IT.

Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
The criteria of debate, even amongst politicians that we all might have watched in our time, is to be respectful. We know now that was not the case here yes?
Depends on your preference. I don't necessarily think everyone or everyone's opinions are deserving of respect. And if someone thinks I'm not deserving for whatever reason -- I can deal with it.

Frankly, if people can't handle it when emotions run high or people use sarcasm or even some ad hominem backed with facts or a solid argument, then maybe it's best that the IT was closed. I'm serious about that.

When people say things that are absurd, or they express views that in application are actually detrimental to people in real life or if they attack my integrity, I prefer to speak my mind and not hide behind some veneer of "respect" or phony civility.

Again, that's my preference. I realize that most people don't have the stomach for that -- and that's fine.

Last edited by JoeMatt; 07-09-2014 at 05:03 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 07-09-2014, 06:11 AM
Pandora's Avatar
Pandora (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 825
Thanks: 220
Thanks 261
Default

Originally Posted by JoeMatt View Post
Those are highly moderated and formatted -- not something you can realistically do on an internet forum -- at least not with the kind of free exchange you had in the IT.



Depends on your preference. I don't necessarily think everyone or everyone's opinions are deserving of respect. And if someone thinks I'm not deserving for whatever reason -- I can deal with it.

Frankly, if people can't handle it when emotions run high or people use sarcasm or even some ad hominem backed with facts or a solid argument, then maybe it's best that the IT was closed. I'm serious about that.

When people say things that are absurd, or they express views that in application are actually detrimental to people in real life or if they attack my integrity, I prefer to speak my mind and not hide behind some veneer of "respect" or phony civility.

Again, that's my preference. I realize that most people don't have the stomach for that -- and that's fine.
Yes it is unfortunate that some ruined it for everyone. There were rules here, like that formatted debate that I was apart of as a young person.

Why would someone converse with someone they don't respect? What would be the motivation? Would that not be an incredible waste of that person's time?

How is it that you can judge another person as absurd instead of ignoring so?
Have you not asked others to ignore? to ignore someone when they can't "take it" so isn't that a two way street, ignore and not 'dish it'?
__________________
"now I float away like honey in the sun"
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 07-09-2014, 06:43 AM
JoeMatt (Offline)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 6,395
Thanks: 441
Thanks 1,526
Default

Never mind.

Last edited by JoeMatt; 07-09-2014 at 11:17 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 07-09-2014, 07:47 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,282
Thanks: 19
Thanks 126
Default

Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
Yes it is unfortunate that some ruined it for everyone. There were rules here, like that formatted debate that I was apart of as a young person.

Why would someone converse with someone they don't respect? What would be the motivation? Would that not be an incredible waste of that person's time?

How is it that you can judge another person as absurd instead of ignoring so?
Have you not asked others to ignore? to ignore someone when they can't "take it" so isn't that a two way street, ignore and not 'dish it'?
Some people enjoy making clowns of themselves. Why would fully grown men, seemingly intelligent, spend their day criticizing others on a writer's forum designed to assist young authors and to entertain older ones? These troublemakers write professionally too. I don't get their behavior. If I had their talent, I'd be knocking out books one after the other. Their need to pounce on others and to belittle them is a baffling thought, even for a stooge like me.

The moderators have shown steely patience. Had I been running this show, I'd get out the broom and sweep some of these foul mouthed individuals right out the back door into the alley where they belong.

Last edited by Cityboy; 07-09-2014 at 07:54 AM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

  WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > The Notice Board


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Creep World (WIP) MalReynolds Fiction 20 12-09-2009 03:52 AM
FALLEN: Chapters 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 (revised) and first 1/2 of 8 PENsive Fiction 11 12-20-2008 10:11 AM
Stories Where Legends are Born part 7 EndlessPoss. Fiction 0 05-18-2007 02:32 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:04 AM.

vBulletin, Copyright 2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.