WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

oh how I hate editing posts, so share with me then

Old 01-02-2012, 09:32 PM
a4et2n (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Thanks 180

("Thanks, goblin," mutters a4 then, "Your comments are very much appreciated.")

There's a certain taste to the word "divorce", a forced meshing between a hot ball of panic and a tired acceptance on the part of the contested goods. After all, what's better, to join the ranks of contemporaries who frequently are heard to say, "I'm gonna spend the weekend at my dad's", or to live a sort of forced, tenuous peace punctuated by the sound of everyone trying to not exist? The problem on this end of the situation may simply be a puerile approach, a need to have some sort of secure ground, the nuclear family of the television and storybooks, a need to feel loved by the familiar life-granting gods. For the contested goods, the word holds the taste of hell. And yet from the perspective of one raised on the tension, sometimes they tend towards bitterness and a state of pseudo-childishness, where the form is one of adolescence and the mind that of an infant and other times, they tend towards growing. From that perspective then, the tension makes those brief, pleasant moments of non-tension, of resembling, if only a little, that perfect nuclear family, all the more memorable. And here, from this growing perspective, there are no gods involved, but fellow humans, each needing the same love and security as every other. And then, from this perspective, the contested goods reflects that it is better to be contested than non-contested.

fihr (01-03-2012), fleamailman (01-02-2012)
Old 01-02-2012, 09:45 PM
fleamailman (Online)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 4,064

repost from elsewhere, the trolls site's "last post" thread

Fleamailman would make a better mod than xxxxx or xxxxx.
"...alright, though the real question might remain of "how does one actually moderate you trolls"..." mentioned the goblin who quickly warned them now, saying "...well then, either you trolls clean up your act, or else I'll bombard you with profound intellectualisms, outstanding anecdotes, to ever so weighed soliloquies, the likes of which forumland could only shudder to imagine now, and underscored with matched picture to delicately illustrate things to you too...", works every time

92 1532 22810

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-03-2012 at 01:34 AM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
a4et2n (01-02-2012), AnyaKimlun (01-04-2012), fihr (01-03-2012), Grace Gabriel (01-03-2012)
Old 01-03-2012, 01:40 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 4,064

repost from elsewhere,

[footnote: the spirit persona mentioned here is silentxmidnight]

"consequence of reality" state the spirit slyly. "nothing can be done without consequence. perhaps you are right in this statement of 'game' but of winning? no no it is not of winning at all. for what can you win in such things as that?"
"...ah now, the twist my dear spirit is just that one is simply winning the unwinnable while one can..." mused the goblin still feeling it to be a game while it lasts, "...and yes, the point of this game is unknown and has an unknown cut off point too, just that there is the great plot itself and all those sub plots around it, so perhaps the game is simply to recognize which plot is which then, within that unknown alloted time that is, that's all...", something, to the goblin then, that was neither religion, nor rocket science, it was just a his journey to self as he always called it

85 1533 22847

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-03-2012 at 01:48 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
a4et2n (01-04-2012), AnyaKimlun (01-04-2012), Grace Gabriel (01-03-2012)
Old 01-03-2012, 11:40 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 4,064

repost from elsewhere, a dating site's "last post" thread

Why not start your own site and invite those you admire for their writing skills to join you
"...true, and as an idea it is sound enough, and yet knowing me I would still have to go in search of new forums for two reasons..." replied the goblin, thinking about those two now, continuing "...editing and airing, editing where in their reposting they are edited...", and then the goblin knew he have to mention the other reason too, while actually his mind was more wondering how people in the west country here dry their clothes in all this rain, whereupon the sound of the television next door cut into his thoughts going "and now, introducing the all new ecologically friendly way of drying one's clothes anywhere near dartmoor, first wash and spin dry your garments as usual, then hang them out to dry for however long one cares to, then, while still damp that is, wear those clothes on one's person till finally dried out, then return them to the laundry basket and repeat process, oh, and don't even think about continental coffee goblin" then landing back on topic, the goblin just explained"...no, the other reason is airing I suppose where my posts are like one's calling card, so that I can meet personas by it, no not their real life counterparts now, just their personas...", perhaps then, if there really is an author in all of us as they say, the goblin was just trying to find those authors amongst the others by doing the rounds so to speak..."

87 1534 22915

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-03-2012 at 11:51 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
AnyaKimlun (01-04-2012), Grace Gabriel (01-03-2012)
Old 01-03-2012, 09:57 PM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 4,064

repost from elsewhere

the goblin didn't drink, or more truthfully he had shared a glass of white wine occasionally, feeling too, that his brain needed saving for the future, a flawed logic he knew since it somewhat depended upon that mere expectation of a tomorrow that might not be, yet most people did die with their potential unused and their money still in the bank, saying "...yes, I am poor, but not because of what I actually have, more because I don't know how long I'll need it, so one carries this responsibility for one's future by holding back and saving for tomorrow..." and the longer the goblin expected his life to continue the poorer one became by that expectation, somehow that line old young is old long just seemed apt here, saying "...only in my youth I lived for today a day at a time, yet the me now lives projected into it's future but still that's better than someone living in the past..."

81 1535 22970

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-04-2012 at 05:05 AM..
a4et2n (01-04-2012), AnyaKimlun (01-04-2012), Grace Gabriel (01-03-2012)
Old 01-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,239

So. Early Wednesday morning then, and the birds were sweetly singing their souls out in the black winter dawn. The storm that had ravaged Britain for forty eight hours had finally cried itself to sleep. Grace sat quietly in the kitchen sipping a coffee. "No real damage", Grace reported cheerfully, "apart from broken sleep". A few of the roof tiles had flown South for warmer climes. Several trees, too old for the rigours of the Mexican Wave, were prostrate with exhaustion. The wolfish wind that had tried its best to blow the house down had slunk away - and the little pigs slept on. Her dog snored deeply, offering his belly to the new day, after a long vigil fending off a rattling letterbox. Grace poured herself another coffee and soaked up the luxury of being the only one awake. Lunch boxes and leaves on the line could wait another hour then. All travel plans deferred 'til after toast.

a4et2n (01-04-2012), AnyaKimlun (01-04-2012), fleamailman (01-04-2012)
Old 01-03-2012, 10:53 PM
AnyaKimlun (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,456

Anya is greatful to have found the wheelie bin. Why do hurricanes always happen on bin days? We even still have the recycling boxes which obligingly blew back into the garden. Now we just need to retrieve the trampoline from the next door neighbours.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AnyaKimlun For This Useful Post:
a4et2n (01-04-2012), fleamailman (01-04-2012), Grace Gabriel (01-03-2012)
Old 01-04-2012, 12:28 AM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,239

So. Grace tried to shoulder her way through the front door, wedged shut against her by a trampoline. Outside, a world gleamed with unnaturally bright colours, and helium-high voices sang from the flower beds. "Where am I?", she asked, tripping over a wheelie bin. A groan came from the tree, or from the man suspended upside down in its branches to be precise. His red braces had caught on the bough, and a black dinner jacket cocooned his head like the wings of a sleeping bat. "a4?", she said, with amazement, as she dropped the briefcase that had suddenly turned into a whicker basket. "Are you allright?", she asked, sawing through his fetters with the razor sharp edge of her All DayTravel pass. a4 groaned as he dropped to the ground in a crumpled heap of Brian Ferry sophistication. "Pick a card", he mumbled, empty hands shuffling the air......(to be continued)

Last edited by Grace Gabriel; 01-04-2012 at 09:26 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Grace Gabriel For This Useful Post:
a4et2n (01-04-2012), AnyaKimlun (01-04-2012), fleamailman (01-04-2012)
Old 01-04-2012, 02:52 AM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,239

Then with a puff of purple smoke, Kimlun the Findhorn Fairy appeared - a glittering vision of gossamer wings and a pastel pink nightdress. A chatter of high pitched excitement came from the flower beds as the happy emoticons mowed through the shrubbery on mini mopeds to welcome their queen. a4 staggered to his feet, and dusted off his suit. With a flourish he offered the invisible deck again. "Just pick a card", he growled morosely, smouldering with a dark sexuality. "Ah...Brian Ferry", Grace sighed dreamily. Kimlun laughed out loud. "Not in my world petal", she said firmly, and with a wave of her wand turned a4 into John Barrowman. The neuroticly shuffling fingers were now replaced with joyous jazz hands raised to the heavens, and Grace was dazzled by the glare of white teeth. a4 fought the nauseating wave of a song and dance routine coming on, and scooped the little dog out of Grace's basket. "Change me back now Kimlun", he growled, "or Toto gets it."......

Last edited by Grace Gabriel; 01-04-2012 at 11:11 AM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Grace Gabriel For This Useful Post:
a4et2n (01-04-2012), AnyaKimlun (01-04-2012), fihr (01-08-2012), fleamailman (01-04-2012)
Old 01-04-2012, 05:38 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 4,064

("...from strength to strength, where ever the slot awaits your post now, and where this sense of audience and feeling of deadline is ours between us here, so I hope I compliment you as fruit and nuts do as anya puts it, just alone in this together then..." voiced the goblin still only at the start of what was possible perhaps)

repost from elsewhere, the goblin still selling the idea somewhere

just write out the title, put up the work and have others comment on it
"...no no no mortals..." cried the goblin in quick alarm, adding "...that's that boring old blog style again, where some central character does his or her own stuff alone, and then lets others look on to comment, no novelty, no shared effort, zilch then...", somehow the dark outside the goblin's apartment at this point was spelling night to him, somewhat contradicting the clock on the wall here, who would have one believe it was morning time by now, "...ah, never trust clocks I say, they jump that minute hand the moment one's creating some plot here, thieves the lot of them, but I digress don't I, no, I am looking for a "round table" thread, like a shared thread then, a random spontaneous something then for all to contribute to in turn, and out of turn even..." in fact, random threads often were the site's biggest ones, not only because they received more posts and hits then any individual effort could amass, but also because they were interactive in nature, humans like that, to which the goblin just said "...think of that film where those ghosts want to play baseball then, where the quote is if you create it, they will come...", and so would the goblin, and his friends too

84 1540 23031

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-04-2012 at 08:54 AM..
a4et2n (01-04-2012), AnyaKimlun (01-04-2012), fihr (01-08-2012), Grace Gabriel (01-04-2012)
Old 01-04-2012, 09:02 AM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,239

"Unhand that dog sir!", came the stentorian command from the woodshed, as a dishevelled Lord Bumhead emerged, pushing a mountain bike with a buckled wheel. A vision in fuschia pink cycling shorts, a purple 'Wild about Wilde' t shirt, and an Art Deco lampshade perched jauntily on his head. "Oooh - Fairy Kimlun!", he squealed with delight. "Darling...mwah, mwah". Grace felt as if her head was about to explode. "Look, shall I make us all a cup of tea?", she offered, clutching to the tried and tested British way of coping with a crisis. "Sadly, you can't", explained Fairy Kimlun, "the wicked witch Tau has confiscated all our milkmen. Alas, Forumland is a place of black coffee now." Grace sat down heavily on the edge of the trampoline, head in her hands. The others followed suit until all were gathered there, looking like a roundabout hosting a mardi gras. "I need some milk", Grace groaned. "I need a new pack of cards", a4 sighed. "I really, really feel, yes indeed I need a wheel", sang Lord Bumhead gaily, "One's bike, it just keeps clonking, and frankly, that's not stonking". Fairy Kimlun glittered before them, arms outstretched. "Well....there is someone who may be able to help you", she began....

Last edited by Grace Gabriel; 01-04-2012 at 09:26 AM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Grace Gabriel For This Useful Post:
a4et2n (01-04-2012), AnyaKimlun (01-04-2012), fihr (01-08-2012), fleamailman (01-04-2012)
Old 01-04-2012, 10:42 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 4,064

("...beautiful posts..." went the goblin again, adding "...it's like a wave that retracts before it falls, so when I'm silent is when I'm writing and when I'm posting is when I'm editing, I never stop it seems...")

repost from elsewhere

The Young woman stared at the goblin,"Goblin, If you don't mind me asking... What do you dream of..? What do you wish for...? Why do you wish for it...? Why do you dream of it...?"
"...ah now, in short, you're asking me the whats the whys and the eventualities too of all this posting now, where I remain anonymous throughout..." mused the goblin, continuing "...well, for sure it can't be for fame and fortune then, so instead those concepts of to create an enduring persona for my old age, or to know oneself by what one posts, or even to be known anonymously might all be true enough in themselves, and yet, they have little if any connection to my real motivation, that of this journey to self that has me walking down its path in posts now, which is all that it will ever be for me, just a journey to self then, or simply one's force of habit where that force is channeled into a forced habit that it endures becoming part of me by it..."

84 1542 23067

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-04-2012 at 10:49 AM..
a4et2n (01-04-2012), AnyaKimlun (01-04-2012), fihr (01-08-2012), Grace Gabriel (01-04-2012)
Old 01-04-2012, 12:34 PM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 4,064

repost from elsewhere, the goblin reading another livewriter's posts

"...well if you ever wanted me to think by your posts, full marks there then..." replied the goblin going back to reread it once more, returning and then continuing "...where perhaps the fact that none of my credentials can be proven here gives me a great freedom to simply dump them all, whereas someone else might wish to hold on dearly to them, I don't, personal choice I suppose...", in fact, goblin was thinking of just how honest he had been of late, concerning various aspects of his life, for example, his being anonymous had meant that he could come to terms with his mother's recent death openly across forumland, his not grieving at it that is, even to the point where, when his father asked him "what hymns then", and not knowing any hymns, let alone catholic ones, the goblin had suggested "good king wenceslas" for the cremation service, where even dad laughed at that point, in fact all humbug it seems, mum had been an atheist, albeit one ever so indebted to the nuns for her beloved convent-school days that she had then helped the nuns in one way or another throughout her life, the goblin explained "...oh yes, mum had by looks of things been brought up as a good and true practicing catholic atheist then..." but no, the point the goblin was making here was that the goblin was drawn to xxxxx's posts not by any of those writing externals, but simply by what he read directly in xxxxx's posts , so one could be very different from someone else, even in belief that is, and still help one another it seemed, well isn't that that humanity between you humans now, guess mum was like that then..."

87 1543 23085

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-04-2012 at 12:44 PM..
AnyaKimlun (01-04-2012), fihr (01-08-2012), Grace Gabriel (01-04-2012)
Old 01-04-2012, 04:06 PM
AnyaKimlun (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,456

If ever a thread illustrated beautifully the point Anya is trying to make on another thread this is it. The way the visual can enhance the written word is shown with every beautiful posts. Anya remembers vividly pictures from certain books. Mr Magnolia Has Only One Boot by Quentin Blake was stunning. There was also a story about a man who threw slugs and snails over the garden fence blocking out the sunlight and moonlight.

Memories in pictures can be beautiful and Anya loves the emoicons and their potential to provide a small illustration for her works.

Unable to find any of the illustrations from her favourite books online she includes one from one of her children's favourite films.

fihr (01-08-2012), fleamailman (01-04-2012), Grace Gabriel (01-04-2012)
Old 01-04-2012, 10:54 PM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 4,064

repost from elsewhere, talking to a livewriter about yet another ban then

frowning, the spirit leans back and looks about. "I am saddened by the news..." she shakes her head. "And there i thought all would be well. Alas, i seem to see things wrong."
"...already forgotten..." replied the goblin truthfully, adding "...well, there's a watershed moment coming, and my biggest fear is the opposite fate where livewriting is accepted, and where the pioneers are then lost in the mainstream of writing once more...", simply the goblin was thinking of the scene in "the tin drum", where the dwarf stubbornly beats his tin drum against the nazi music and slowly the austrian band resorts to type playing waltzes once more, "...just that writing on forumland is not that bookworld, no, one's posts are actually writings in themselves, and what's more, the more people post on forumland like this the more "austrian band" like they become by it..." mused the goblin now

88 1545 23147

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-04-2012 at 10:59 PM..
AnyaKimlun (01-05-2012), Grace Gabriel (01-05-2012)
Old 01-05-2012, 03:45 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 4,064

repost from elsewhere, from a landing somewhere

i cant figure it out... are you... sane?
"...well you tell me then..." replied the goblin, adding "...in that, I am replying to posters on a this thread here, which most would agree seems sensible enough, whereas they're replying to a questionably mad goblin for all their sanity, which is um..., ..."

91 1546 23161

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-05-2012 at 03:48 AM..
AnyaKimlun (01-05-2012), fihr (01-08-2012), Grace Gabriel (01-05-2012)
Old 01-05-2012, 09:54 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 4,064

repost from elsewhere, just sharing

the witchdoctor smiled “...goblin, you think it's a recession because they have told you that it is one, but look at it more closely, every recession to date has been investors withdrawing their investment in late autumn, causing the market to slump, whereupon an injection of capital from either banks or governments props things up until, that too, proves futile and one has the recession for sure, but a recession, like its namesake, is supposed to eventually return things to what they once were are they not...”, to which the witchdoctor leaned closer to the goblin, continuing “...so now, with a trillion dollar debt and one dollar in ten going to service that debt too, and with far too much money in circulation anyway, and that ever unchanged "upside down demographic pyramid", still think it's actually a recession goblin..." at which the witchdoctor took a deep breath and just continued "...it's a “default” goblin, financial musical chairs if you like where the music has stopped, america will survive goblin, but it has filed for chapter 13 in all but name...”

89 1547 23188
AnyaKimlun (01-05-2012), fihr (01-08-2012)
Old 01-05-2012, 02:05 PM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 4,064

repost from elsewhere, the "how did you find this forum" thread

"...well I remember now, it was when I stowed away of the prion mothership just trying to avoid my relatives over christmas..." explained the goblin, continuing casually "...yes, this site was in their data log base though to be more exact, under "strange human perversions " next to highly top-secret bit about their government infiltrations here..."

93 1548 23205

Last edited by fleamailman; 06-30-2014 at 01:56 AM..
AnyaKimlun (01-05-2012), Grace Gabriel (01-06-2012)
Old 01-05-2012, 02:59 PM
AnyaKimlun (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,456

Anya wishes to get her own back for the song that the Goblin has embedded in her head. Witch Doctor

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AnyaKimlun For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (01-05-2012), Grace Gabriel (01-06-2012)
Old 01-05-2012, 03:04 PM
AnyaKimlun (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,456

And for some drip torture The Squeakquel
Chipmonks - Witch Doctor

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AnyaKimlun For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (01-05-2012), Grace Gabriel (01-06-2012)
Old 01-05-2012, 09:52 PM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 4,064

(the goblin loves this thread and gracefully accept all gifts directed towards him, saying "...I'm game, I always game...", and with that he smiled and went back to his posting again)

the goblin daydreams, and lands in church, "...dearly beloved we are gathered here today to join the goblin to this anya, if anyone knows why these two shouldn't marry speak now or forever hold your tongue...", a voice from the back of the crowd breaks the silents "...excuse me but where's the restroom..." the goblin thinks to himself "oh please speak out someone, but just for once say something else, oh please, tell them the I took vows of computer science, I'm mad, a frigging fairy, whatever, anything but not this fate here", dead silence then "...sorry I really need the restroom please, and when does this bus get to chamonix anyway..." as the woman waves her hand in front of the goblin's face to snap him out of his daydream "...well yes madam, your restroom at my command..." the goblin replies as he somehow throws both arms around the driver's seat saying "...oh my bus oh my baby, ah it was all a bad dream after all..." as the driver drives on, no the driver didn't care, he knew guides have strange imaginings

3 1551 23233

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-05-2012 at 09:56 PM..
a4et2n (01-06-2012), AnyaKimlun (01-06-2012), Grace Gabriel (01-06-2012)
Old 01-06-2012, 03:13 AM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,239

"There's a kangaroo, goes by the name of Fur", Fairy Kimlun told them, "a great procurer of things, although it's best not to ask where she got them from. Fur kitted out most of the Emoticons with mopeds, speedboats...bless her, she even got one of them a tank", laughed Kimlun, "she'll be able to get you what you need." With that, the sky blackened and a strong wind howled around those assembled. Fairy Kimlun fought, knock-kneed, with the billowing folds of her nightdress. "You just have to whistle her", Kimlun continued, "you know how to whistle don't you? You just put your lips together and..." a4 gave an ear-piercing screech, and a huge kangaroo bounced through the bushes in obeyance. "Bike wheel, pack of cards and a pint of milk", Fur rattled off from a notepad produced from her pouch, "yeah, yeah I was listening." Fur produced a wheel and spanner, then set to work on Lord Bumhead's mountain bike. "Nice ride", Fur whistled, running an appreciative eye over Lord Bumhead's mount. The sky almost split with the sound of a cackle, and high up in the darkened turmoil a broomstick wove between the clouds. "The wicked witch Tau", Kimlun told them with a shudder. "Has she seen us?", Lord Bumhead asked fearfully. "She won't come after you yet", Kimlun reassured them, "Tau always focuses on the bigger picture". Fur gave the spanner a last twist, and the bike was mended. "Oooh, thanks Furry!", Lord Bumhead said, delighted. "Nah. Thank you mate", clacked Fur, as she leapt on the bike and made off with it. "Hoo roo".

Last edited by Grace Gabriel; 01-06-2012 at 06:53 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Grace Gabriel For This Useful Post:
a4et2n (01-06-2012), AnyaKimlun (01-06-2012), fleamailman (01-06-2012)
Old 01-06-2012, 04:12 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 4,064

("...you're all mad..." went the goblin, adding "...l just feel so at home here...")

repost from elsewhere

"...just, we don't know who this war is creating here..." ventured the goblin, thinking once more upon that portrayal of that man in the film "the dear hunter" film, whose final addiction to danger become evident through his constant exposure to it, somehow the goblin felt that that author had got his portrayal right there, in that, the goblin often saw this type of thing with extreme skiers here in the alps too, where the goblin lived now, where those skiers had to venture off-course to up the danger level to reach some new feeling of intensity, heightened awareness, elated fear, or whatever it actually was with them, so the goblin just concluded by saying "...both fear and stress can act like drugs where the body releases hormones to counter duress, and yet little actual study has been done to know who amongst us is susceptible to duress here, either as in "burning out under duress", or equally as in "becoming addicted to duress"...", simply the goblin's line of thought was that if the war continues, it will produce those two types then, whose readjustment back in society was going to be hard for all concerned

98 1553 23275

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-06-2012 at 09:53 AM..
a4et2n (01-06-2012), AnyaKimlun (01-06-2012), Grace Gabriel (01-06-2012)
Old 01-06-2012, 09:58 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 4,064

repost from elsewhere, the troll's forum's "last post" thread again, um nude male pictures perhaps

the goblin thanked the resident trolls, and did indeed appreciate their newly acquired mastery of the posted picture at this point, alas though, the written word would take a couple of more years yet it seems, and as for a coherent sentence, well take could take a lifetime even, "...not that I am trying to discourage you here though..." mentioned the friendly and considerate goblin again

82 1554 23302

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-06-2012 at 10:03 AM..
AnyaKimlun (01-06-2012), Grace Gabriel (01-06-2012)
Old 01-06-2012, 12:50 PM
a4et2n (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Thanks 180

A hidden message must exist somewhere, in between the organic firings and their similar pixelated cousins, some sort of invisible bond there, tying one slack, empty face to a glowing presentation, equally empty. Maybe somewhere in the midst of click click click and blam blam blam there exists existential value, realization, satisfaction. But he can't see it, the tragedy of it all, that his vision is limited to lost boys (and girls too) seeking solace in the repeated clicking of plastic buttons and lagging explosions.
AnyaKimlun (01-06-2012), fleamailman (01-06-2012)
Old 01-06-2012, 01:49 PM
AnyaKimlun (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,456

Anya has been playing computer games since 1982, (Before any of those boys were born lol) actually at that point the beauty of a Spectrum 48K was the BASIC programming you had to learn it to use it and that allowed her to create her own games. She now ponders how she ended up so technologically useless. Anyway back on track Anya has probably worn all the expressions on those boys faces as she has fired flour at cooking ingredients, collected trolls, shot canon fodder, blown up worms, built cities, built up vampires, flown spaceships, raided tombs, running down rows of Hare Krishna and in her favourite genre RPG been engrossed by some truly amazing expansive stories and characters. Anya loves any medium that can tell her a good story and always has.

Anya's attachment to that particular genre began on that first spectrum with a text based game called Bored of the Rings which she played again two years ago and was a little shocked at the innuendo lol How my parents had not picked up it as a little filthy Anya is unsure as the main character was called Dildo. Her hobby has amassed a computer game collection that has increased rather than decreased in worth. Anya spent her teenage years playing computer games, listening to music, watching films and reading books, newspapers and comics. Well actually her preteen years as well. All of the above in their own unique way aide her in her life now.

Below is from Suikoden that remains Anya's favourite RPG game series, however she is unsure whether she can justify doing what she did for number four and buy a whole new games console for the new one. The PS2 wasn't really worth the money because of lack of good games, and not sure the PS3 is yet. She did have to shakes some of the story telling aspects she had gained playing them because going to sleep in an inn each night does not really heal characters in stories - however this aspect of story is as good as any novel

Anya firmly maintains that computer game playing along with archaeological training is why the visuals in her writing are reasonable. You go into a room or situation and have to sum it up quickly or be killed It does sharpen ones observational skills, improves coordination and expands the mind. Plus where else was Anya going to have gained experience of the buzz of stealing a car, running over a grandmother, shooting all and sundry and kicking the tail of a vampire as Buffy.

Last edited by AnyaKimlun; 01-06-2012 at 02:05 PM..
a4et2n (01-06-2012), fleamailman (01-06-2012), Grace Gabriel (01-06-2012)
Old 01-06-2012, 09:39 PM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 4,064

repost from elsewhere

“...elusive isn't it, oh yes, one can see one's vision for oneself, sure one can, ah but can one clearly explain it to others here, doesn't that in itself mark one out as a writer and makes this a shared life between them...” mentioned the goblin of some people who could visualize well, and of others who could recite well, where only those who did both well, understood the shareness of the experience now, saying “...me, I am not even that which I had written before this day, for forumland doesn't remember what one posted yesterday, so a livewriter is very much its namesake, "live" that is, always and ever only a few posts in front of his own oblivion on forumland, just a survivor on here ever pacing his journey to self down it, and never stopping too, knowing that the show would just go on without him if he ever stopped now...”

86 1557 23348

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-07-2012 at 09:10 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
AnyaKimlun (01-07-2012)
Old 01-07-2012, 05:48 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 4,064

repost from elsewhere, another "last post" thread

"I win now"

"...capital, if I may use such a term here..." replied the goblin, continuing "...but win this game in style then, and post against me if you like, but, at some point, evolve beyond that point to post against yourself too, remember writers don't need a reason to write, they just do, whereas most people don't need a reason to write neither, they just don't, so where is your pen mortals while life's beauty still surrounds you now..."

88 1558 23379

Last edited by fleamailman; 06-30-2014 at 01:57 AM..
AnyaKimlun (01-07-2012), Grace Gabriel (01-07-2012)
Old 01-07-2012, 08:55 AM
AnyaKimlun (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,456

Anya ponders her suitability as an author. She loves great reviews of her work, and finds bad reviews funny and useful. Comments to improve are great. However there are those reviews that leave her scratching her head - and those she struggles with. Things like in a first person with a son and father having an arguement with a door between them and someone asks why we don't know more of what the father is doing or like this morning someone got annoyed with me because they thought from this:

Dempsey, Makepeace and Tripod had arranged their furry arses on top of Tim as he settled in for a normal, chilled Friday night. Dempsey curled round his shoulders, Makepeace preferred his feet and Tripod the three legged moggy was doing a Davy Crocket hat impression, his tail flicking across Tim's face. Tortillas, beer and a collection of eighties cop shows on DVD. He'd worked the last few Friday nights in a row and this felt like heaven. Outside it was cold, wet and foggy, and he was glad it was someone else's shift tonight. The only thing that could have improved it was someone with a less hairy backside to share it with, but his new fella was working and would be spending the night in his room at the pub. He pushed play on the remote and took a swig of his beer.

That my main character Tim was a :

Anya looks at the positive as she thinks she has finally found a picture of Tripod. It has only taken her three books so she now thanks the person.
The Following User Says Thank You to AnyaKimlun For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (01-07-2012)
Old 01-07-2012, 11:16 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 4,064

repost from elsewhere, teaching a new admin about doing the rounds

the goblin too was an old hand at this, saying "...to be honest I don't really see it as the forum and the admin as two things apart anymore, more like the admin is the forum's mask when visiting...", though the next bit was a little harder to explain, the goblin thought for a second, and then said "....imagine yourself as a performer then, this "last post" thread being your stage, and this forum as your venue, in other words "you are playing once more on this last post stage, at this forum", well imagine too, if one built up such as admin-persona that the moment that one landed on another forum, the members there would just associate you with your forum again, as if perhaps that "this forum itself" had turned up, as the mask in its total plays your ambassador now, as well as your advertisement too, as something recognized by the others as both you and your forum combined...", so the goblin had boiled persona down to "username", "avatar", "writing style" and "content", where each of those components had to remain uniform throughout for the widest possible recognition here, simply being the same, each time and everywhere too, "...self marketing perhaps, or a leaf from mcdonalds book even, but remember too, that none of this makes any sense without coming up with the content to go with it, "content" is crucial here, but content has to be matched by one's other talents now, for one plays the mixture of both ambassador and visiting act as well..."

81 1560 23423

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-10-2012 at 10:09 AM..
AnyaKimlun (01-07-2012), fihr (01-08-2012), Grace Gabriel (01-07-2012), Loz (01-14-2012)

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe