WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Fiction

Fiction Novel excerpts, short stories, etc.

Rise of The Scorpions (Chapter 3 part 31)

Old 12-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Writingfan27 (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 63
Default Rise of The Scorpions (Chapter 3 part 31)

The F-24s of the Black Falcon Squadron bolted through the sky on their high speed approach to Phaildelphia.

“Eagle-eye 7 this is Falcon 1, will commence our attack on the scorpions once we’re within 25 miles of the city,” Captain Macy said.

“Why start from there?” an AWACS operator asked.

“We're gonna try to draw the scorpions out of Phaildelphia by attacking the ones in the air,” Captain Macy replied.

Once within 25 miles, the pilots selected their targets and unleashed two ERAAM missiles from the weapon bays of their fighters.

In Philadelphia, multiple scorpions were moving about on the ground smashing their way their way through buildings as other scorpions circled about in sky, unleashing destructive fire ball attacks on the city.

The scorpion attack raged on when suddenly a huge salvo of missiles appeard, broke off into groups of two and took out half of the airborne scorpions.

“Falcon 1 to Eagle eye 7, the plan is in motion the scorpions that were on the ground are getting airborne and heading right for us,” Captain Macy reported.

“We’ve confirmed that as well, take out every last one of them,” replied an AWACS operator’s voice over Macy’s radio.

“That’s what we intend to do. Flight, select ten targets and fire,” Macy said then the F-24s launch eight missiles from their wings and two from their weapon bays.

Captain Macy watched the progress of the missiles and the airborne scorpions closely on his attack display then a few minutes later, the ERAAMs began blasting scorpions out of the sky.

“This is Falcon 2, the scorpions are droping like flies.”

“Enemy strength decreasing rapidly,” Falcon 23 said.
The massive missile salvo continued to pour in on the scorpion formation and within a matter a minutes, the entire scorpion swarm was reduced to mid air explosions.

“Good job flight, all targets have been destroyed,” Captain Macy said.

“Falcon Squadron this is Eagle-eye 7, picture is clear and there are no further scorpion sightings.”

“Roger AWACS, we’re going to do a quick fly by over Phaildelphia to reassure the people that their military is on the job before starting our next patrol,” Macy said.

Meanwhile in Phaildelphia, a reporter checked his microphone before looking into the camera being held by his camera man.

“We are broadcasting live from the city of Phaildelphia where as you can see there are a lot of EMTs and fire fighters are doing their best to contend with the aftermath of a scorpion attack that took place not too long ago,” the reporter said.

As a group of firefighters were busy putting out in apartment fire, eighty three F-24 fighters soared overhead and everyone looked upward.

“To anyone who is still watching, a squadron of Air Force F-24s are conducting a fly by above us, in all likelyhood they’re the ones who brought about the defeat the scorpions who have wreaked so much havoc on this city,” the reporter announced.

Daggers 1 and 2
Oregon

The F-22s arrived over Oregon as the sun began to set.

“Snap to heading 4,7,0,” Colonel Heinz ordered then the two planes made a right turn and continued on for their targets.

A few minutes into their flight, Lieutenant Cole saw the scorpions appear on his situation display at a parallel angle.
“Radar contacts, twelve targets at 20’000 feet,” Cole reported.

“I see’em as well, drop down to 19,000 and prepare to swing around to the six o’clock position of the scorpions,” Colonel Heinz said.

“Roger that,” Lieutenant Cole replied then the planes drop down slightly, tilt to the left and swung around to the tail position of their targets.

“I got six scorpions locked, engaging now,” Colonel Heinz said then opens his weapons bay and launches six missiles.

“Dagger 2, fox 3,” Cole said then six ERAAM missiles drop out of the weapons bay of his fighter and streak acroos the sky.

“Sunlights fading, this may turn into a night mission,” Colonel Heinz commented.

The twelve missiles soared under the scorpions and impacted their undersides with a tremendous amount of explosive force then eight more missiles flew in from long range and destroyed four of the badly wounded scorpions as nightfall came.

“Only eight targets left Dagger 1,” Lieutenant Cole said.

“On my mark change the color of your fighter from grey to black and will finish them up close under the cover of darkness,” Colonel Heinz said.

“Ready to activate optical stealth,” Cole replied.

“Mark,” Heinz ordered then the fighters changed from grey to black, enabling them to blend with the night sky.

Thinking that the danger was over, the eight scorpions re grouped and continued their flight towards Portland.

Five minutes into their flight, six of the scorpions received missile hits to the roots of their wings and fall from the sky in flames and the two remaining scorpions circled around in an effort to seek out their attackers.

After three minutes of searching, the scorpions sensed no further danger and resumed their flight completely unaware that the two Raptor jets were closing in on them.

“Right side bay opened, AIM9X locked, firing,” Heinz said then the missile soars towards the target.

“Missile extended fox 2,” Lieutenant Cole said then launches the missile from left side bay on his plane. Both creatures sustain hits to their undersides and burst into bright balls of fire.

“Dagger 1 to base, all scorpions attempting to head towards Portland have been destroyed,” Colonel Heinz reported.

“Well done, return to base,” replied a base operator over the radio.

“Roger,” Heinz replied then the F-22s changed from black back to grey and turned for home.

On the USS Abraham Lincoln, Lieutenant Pearson walked down into the hanger deck and saw Captain Nader and the other Blue Blaster Squadron pilots along with Admiral Scott waiting for him.

“The XO told me to report here,” he said.

“Please come forward,” Admiral Scott requested then Pearson came to the middle of the floor and stood at attention.

“During today’s battle at Badlands National Park, you single handly saved a flight of B1 bombers from an airborne scorpion that was attempting to attack them and so for your actions, I award you the Distinguished Flying Cross and with permission granted to me by the higher ups, I hereby promote you to Lieutenant Commander,” Admiral Scott said.

Captain Nader and the rest of the squadron members applauded proudly as Admiral Scott pulled a plastic see through case out of his pocket containing the meadal along with a ribbon and gave it to Pearson.

“Congratulations,” Admiral Scott said then he and Pearson saluted each other.

“Pearson, remember when I told you that if you keep working hard at your job you’ll achieve great things?” Nader asked.

“Yes sir and I believe this is one of those great things,” Pearson replied.

“It sure is,” Nader commented.

“And it has already been decided that when the time comes for Captain Nader to move on from being squadron leader, Lieutenant Commander Pearson will be in charge,” Admiral Scott announced.

“Captain Nader, I thank you for your support,” Pearson said.

“It's not just me, the entire squadron supports you,” Nader replied to which Pearson saluted.

This is the end of chapter 3. Chapter 4 part 1 coming soon.

Old 12-05-2012, 04:48 PM
WilliamS. (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing
Official Member

Thanks 236

Nader showed great wisdom and foresight in a tough situation- his promotion is well deserved. I think a phone call from president Smith may be in order!
Old 12-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Writingfan27 (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 63

Pearson was the one that got promoted.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:11 PM
WilliamS. (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing
Official Member

Thanks 236

Macy, Heinz, Cole, Pearson, Nader, Scott.... Sorry, just trying to keep up with all the names....President Smith oughta call Pearson!

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Fiction