WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Non-Fiction

Non-Fiction Journals, biographies, memoirs, etc.

Is the show "The Bachelor" really a reality show?

Old 01-22-2009, 11:17 PM
peteyflow (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0
Default Is the show "The Bachelor" really a reality show?

This is a show that creates unforgettable memories for the contestants-- those memories can be either acidly poisonous or they can be just powerfully breathtaking. At the end of this show, it all comes down to one single contestant that will be caressed with true love and end with a happy ending with the main star of this show. According to the critique, this show is so riveting that it forces viewers to hyperventilate, and keep them on the edge of their seats. Okay, let’s cut to the chase.
“The Bachelor!”
So how does this show work? The Bachelor in this show is a handsome, accomplished, flawless man—basically he has all the qualities that women are looking for. The goal for the twenty five gorgeous female casts that get to participate in this show is to win the Bachelor’s heart, so that at the end of the show, the finalist can be embraced by her future Bachelor with the promising engagement ring worn on her finger. Because this is a competition, tension and drama cannot but erupt among twenty five girls in this show. With their fierce claws out, these beautiful girls are all fighting and struggling to bring the most attention to the man of the show. It will be either a group date or a one-on-one date that will give these girls their opportunities to shine themselves and convince the Bachelor that “I am the one for you.”
But is this a reality show or a surreal show? “The Bachelor” first aired in the year 2002, and if viewers do take a look at the relationship status of the past couples that have been made through this show, all the couples broke up, and never fulfilled the loving, forever marriage. Millions of viewers watch this show thinking that the Bachelor and his to-be-wife will carry a long successful road together, and set the true, demonstrative marriage for America. But, what is the outcome? Fallen rose petals.
It is hard to comprehend how a man can find a long lasting lover by having a very limited one-on-one time with each cast for only couple weeks. It seems like this whole show is a game to the cast rather than a reality dating show that is supposed to match the Bachelor with the right beauty queen. The most horrendous part of this show is that every single cast falls in love with the Bachelor, and only one woman doesn’t leave the show with a broken heart.
But, the rating is just getting higher and higher as the new episode airs with more drama. People just must love watching others getting their hearts broken. That is the reality.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:32 PM
Firefly (Offline)
I'm The Crazy One

Thanks 722

Is this something that you would like a SPAG check on, or is this just something that you would like a discussion on, or...? I'm confused as to the meaning of this piece.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:50 PM
SW (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 160

Of course it's not real.

And I'm confused over the bolding, as well as the things FF has already covered.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-23-2009, 08:41 PM
peteyflow (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0

no, i just want people to read this article, if you are a big fan of the bachelor
Old 01-24-2009, 05:05 PM
HoiLei (Offline)
Draw, o coward!

Thanks 483

Ah! The Write Here section is for work that you're looking for critique and help with. If you want general discussion, the Writer's Cafe is the best place to post.

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Non-Fiction