New starter

Chinspinner
Administration
Chinspinner
Administration

2:19 PM - Aug 26, 2018 #1

Hello, I am a young writer aiming for my level of incompetence, haha, joking, I am very competent!

I have heard that writing requires natural talent, which I have in abundance, and bad writers must work at it, like shrivelled potatoes.

I like chips much like the next man, but shrivelled potato chips are bad! HAHA jokes aside, I hope I have plenty to teach you all and that you will all learn fruitfully.

I will impart my learning forthwith (and you do not get a vocabulary that includes "forthwith" by hanging around the internet)

That is lesson #1. You're welcome, that is a contraction btw - "con- tract- shion"

Thanks
Last edited by Chinspinner on 2:21 PM - Aug 26, 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Grace Gabriel
Administration
Grace Gabriel
Administration

5:05 PM - Aug 26, 2018 #2

If you could instruct us in the ways of 'show, don't tell' it would be refreshing...always good to hammer home the basics. :ack2:
GRACE GABRIEL

Chinspinner
Administration
Chinspinner
Administration

5:07 PM - Aug 26, 2018 #3

Well, that is very forward of you Grace, but perhaps we should go out for a drink first.

Grace Gabriel
Administration
Grace Gabriel
Administration

5:17 PM - Aug 26, 2018 #4

Or how about an authoritative piece on overcoming writer's block.

My pencil tip is licked and poised...

(Hannibal Lecter's voice) "Truly agent Chinspinner...dazzle me with your acumen"
GRACE GABRIEL

Chinspinner
Administration
Chinspinner
Administration

5:32 PM - Aug 26, 2018 #5

Well, if I must. It is funny that you asked me this specific question, because I often laugh in the face of people with this question, long and hard. HAHAHAAHAHA, like that, but louder.

Imagine this scene in your head a moment; "with doubt I entered the witch's inner sphincter".

What thought did you have? She is witch, but is she good or bad? Why am I doubtful? Am I a witch myself? Or maybe Kirsten Stewert, or even her co-star, Robert Patrick? Why a sphincter? Is it very small? small enough for both Kirsten Stewart and Robert Sphincter to fit?

And like that you are writing again...

Grace Gabriel
Administration
Grace Gabriel
Administration

5:36 PM - Aug 26, 2018 #6

Chinspinner wrote:Well, if I must. It is funny that you asked me this specific question, because I often laugh in the face of people with this question, long and hard. HAHAHAAHAHA, like that, but louder.

Imagine this scene in your head a moment; "with doubt I entered the witch's inner sphincter".

What thought did you have? She is witch, but is she good or bad? Why am I doubtful? Am I a witch myself? Or maybe Kirsten Stewert, or even her co-star, Robert Patrick? Why a sphincter? Is it very small? small enough for both Kirsten Stewart and Robert Sphincter to fit?

And like that you are writing again...
That's probably the least irritating directive I have read on the subject.
GRACE GABRIEL

Chinspinner
Administration
Chinspinner
Administration

5:43 PM - Aug 26, 2018 #7

Grace Gabriel wrote:That's probably the least irritating directive I have read on the subject.
I have more, imagine for a moment that Eggs Benedict Cumberland Sandwich is acting in your piece. He is playing Shylock Homes; just think, "what would Cabbagepatch do?"

Grace Gabriel
Administration
Grace Gabriel
Administration

5:45 PM - Aug 26, 2018 #8

Chinspinner wrote:I have more, imagine for a moment that Eggs Benedict Cumberland Sandwich is acting in your piece. He is playing Shylock Homes; just think, "what would Cabbagepatch do?"
head for Holland in a daise...
GRACE GABRIEL

Chinspinner
Administration
Chinspinner
Administration

5:49 PM - Aug 26, 2018 #9

Grace Gabriel wrote:head for Holland in a daise...
And there is your next plot point. Imagine for a moment that Tom Hiddlestone was bothering you with bad impressions and an inflated sense of self-worth. Would you choose to attack him? He is awful after all, you would be doing us all a favour...

Grace Gabriel
Administration
Grace Gabriel
Administration

5:56 PM - Aug 26, 2018 #10

Chinspinner wrote:And there is your next plot point. Imagine for a moment that Tom Hiddlestone was bothering you with bad impressions and an inflated sense of self-worth. Would you choose to attack him? He is awful after all, you would be doing us all a favour...
I would lock him in a broom cupboard with Rob Brydon and let them compete to the death for 'The Smuggest Raconteur of The Decade' award.

Neither would ever be seen again - found as skeletons in years to come with fixed grins immortalized in porcelain dentistry....
GRACE GABRIEL