Writing Plot

rostaria
Administration
rostaria
Administration

1:10 PM - Sep 15, 2010 #1

So I have taken a deep breath and decided to kick writers block in the butt and focus on my plot, I have written six paragraphs on plot. Does it have to make prefect sense for the first draft?:confused:
"The only thing more dangerous then having power, is deciding what to do with it."- Rostaria
http://earthangelchroniclesnews.blogspot.com/

eraser
Administration
eraser
Administration

3:56 PM - Sep 15, 2010 #2

No.

rostaria
Administration
rostaria
Administration

5:54 PM - Sep 15, 2010 #3

eraser wrote:No.
Ok thanks.
"The only thing more dangerous then having power, is deciding what to do with it."- Rostaria

Arvik
Administration
Arvik
Administration

2:32 PM - Sep 17, 2010 #4

Adding on a little here:

You should have a basic idea of how it starts, and hopefully, how it ends. Maybe a few plot points along the way. But as for the specifics, the "How does A find out about B," you'd be surprised how much of that bubbles up during the actual writing. The subconscious is a wonderful thing. I've found that once you begin writing, it works quietly in the background, making connections and looking for patterns... You may have to edit a little bit more at the end (as I'm finding), but things seem to work out.

If you're still unsure, ask some specific questions about your characters. What do they want? What are they doing to achieve their goals? What would this person do in this set of circumstances?

Ask, and the answers will come.
Intergalactic Writers Inc:
www.intergalacticwritersinc.wordpress.com

Getting 'er done one word at a time.

Nemesis
Administration
Nemesis
Administration

6:58 PM - Sep 17, 2010 #5

Point form outline could be helpful? I know some people who never bother writing anything down, since they have it all in their head. Some need detailed notes. Find what works for you and WRITE! :D
Remember: Critique to be critiqued...:D

Redlorry
Redlorry

7:25 PM - Sep 17, 2010 #6

Have a rough idea of begining, middle and end. Sit down and type. when you're done you can either scrap it, edit it, or fall in love with it.

Sometimes to beat the block you just have to type even if it is unuseable. :)

Nemesis
Administration
Nemesis
Administration

8:20 PM - Sep 17, 2010 #7

Or unreadable... ;)
Remember: Critique to be critiqued...:D

Redlorry
Redlorry

9:17 PM - Sep 17, 2010 #8

That too, mine normally is :D

JBStone
Administration
JBStone
Administration

11:14 PM - Sep 17, 2010 #9

I know one of the mistakes I made as a young writer was being afraid that an outline had to be unbendable. That isn't true; you can bend it as much as you like. You can even break it, if you want! It's only there to help you, not hinder you.

rostaria
Administration
rostaria
Administration

3:40 PM - Sep 20, 2010 #10

Thanks everyone,
I have seven paragraphs of plot, I don't have an ending. I have two more books to write in the trilogy. I do think I am putting to much pressure on myself. It doesn't help that I have people asking me when my next book is gonna come out. :( I know I should be proud of it but it puts me off, I really do think that once I am moved into my own place and have the right energy set I should be able to focus.